Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

I know that but that is RTS2 only. I have installed Resistance over a fresh 1.00 OFP. Because Resistance altered some files I can not patch my 1.00-OFP any more (checksum-errors when attempting to patch it). Therefore I am looking for the old RTS-maps which are working with Resistance too.

Furthermore, a page that I can check once per week or so would be nice too so that I easily see, if there are updates, RTS3-maps (maybe he'll make this too in some time, who knows ...)

If I check the forum here weekly, I'd miss any updates, etc.

But because nobody has a link and google has none either I suppose that there is no page dedicated to the RTS-maps.

You can find my site Here, made for straightforward browsing and thats it. I'm going to try to make a screen gallery.

Great! I hope that you upload new maps or when a bugfix which makes RTS2 Resistance-compatible comes out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellek @ Aug. 02 2002,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that but that is RTS2 only. I have installed Resistance over a fresh 1.00 OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

You should have patched to 1.46 before installing resistance I would suggest uninstalling resistance and patch to 1.46 then install resistance

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Aug. 04 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellek @ Aug. 02 2002,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that but that is RTS2 only. I have installed Resistance over a fresh 1.00 OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

You should have patched to 1.46 before installing resistance I would suggest uninstalling resistance and patch to 1.46 then install resistance<span id='postcolor'>

dosnt it upgrade ofp anyway with everything?

No, just Resistance is at the newest version, the version of OFP ist left as-is.

Man i couldnt figer out how to build sad.gif i read the instructions but it doesnt say what to click to build buildings sad.gif oh well

OK finally I have created an RTS2 that works *mostly* with Resistance.  RTS2-RESISTANCE-NOGOVA is the ONLY one in the zip that will work with Resistance.  The Malden, Everon and Kolgujev versions will NOT.   Get the zip at the usual spot:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2.zip

All of the RTS2's have new briefings thanks the Nagual and they look and work great.  It's easier to navigate and figure stuff out.

*KNOWN BUGS*

Repair Nearest Vehicle works decently, but since the NearestObject command has a bug in Resistance, the way I had to hack around it will sometimes pick up Bushes, trees, etc. that aren't vehicles and an error will appear at the top of the screen.  You have to get in just the right position and BE FACING the vehicle to repair a vehicle until it chooses the vehicle near you rather than a bush or something.  Then it works fine.

Recycle Nearest Vehicle has the same issue.  It works, but sometimes detects the wrong object.

Repair Nearest Building Doesn't work at all.  Since you have workers they can repair your buildings.  I'll try to patch up this command as well.

New Resistance Vehicles:  I have not yet added any of the new Resistance vehicles, i.e. the V80 to buildable units yet.  I'll try to get around to that soon.  If you have any other units you want I'll try to get them in, but the V80 seems to be about the only other useful one.  I can't see a bus as being useful.  I will probably add the motorcycle to it for the fun of it. smile.gif

Everything else seems to work ok though.  

Until BIS can patch up the NearestObject this will have to do.  Hopefully they will release a patch since this command is VERY useful to a LOT of scripts.

woooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

nice one biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Bump, I won't be updating my site anymore. Sorry.

Okay. I hope that KaRRiLLioN will post any updates in this thread because I have added the thread to the "Topic Tracker".

I have no time to check the forums daily, only receiving new posts in this topic via email.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Aug. 07 2002,06:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK finally I have created an RTS2 that works *mostly* with Resistance.  RTS2-RESISTANCE-NOGOVA is the ONLY one in the zip that will work with Resistance.  The Malden, Everon and Kolgujev versions will NOT.   Get the zip at the usual spot:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2.zip

All of the RTS2's have new briefings thanks the Nagual and they look and work great.  It's easier to navigate and figure stuff out.

*KNOWN BUGS*

Repair Nearest Vehicle works decently, but since the NearestObject command has a bug in Resistance, the way I had to hack around it will sometimes pick up Bushes, trees, etc. that aren't vehicles and an error will appear at the top of the screen.  You have to get in just the right position and BE FACING the vehicle to repair a vehicle until it chooses the vehicle near you rather than a bush or something.  Then it works fine.

Recycle Nearest Vehicle has the same issue.  It works, but sometimes detects the wrong object.

Repair Nearest Building Doesn't work at all.  Since you have workers they can repair your buildings.  I'll try to patch up this command as well.

New Resistance Vehicles:  I have not yet added any of the new Resistance vehicles, i.e. the V80 to buildable units yet.  I'll try to get around to that soon.  If you have any other units you want I'll try to get them in, but the V80 seems to be about the only other useful one.  I can't see a bus as being useful.  I will probably add the motorcycle to it for the fun of it. smile.gif

Everything else seems to work ok though.  

Until BIS can patch up the NearestObject this will have to do.  Hopefully they will release a patch since this command is VERY useful to a LOT of scripts.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the Resistance update!

There don't seem to be any controllable AI. Do the workers count on your limited AI? I've found in the code where to increase the AI count but I seem to have a problem stuffing back some of the scripts like description. I have done a little mod work and haven't had this problem. Especially with scripts that I haven't changed. I'm using the pbo posted 8/7.

Guess I’ll have to wait a Little longer.

You first build a Command center and then you can go to the command center and (if you are the commander) you can either increase or decrease the AI Limit. It starts at 0 and goes up to 12.

Workers do not count toward this limit. Only soldiers that are in your group are counted, and the count is per player. In other words if the AI limit is 5, then each human player can train up to 5 soldiers each.

Thanks.

I've been away from the game for a while and your RTS and resistance has brought me back. I was wondering if there was a curten place to stand as commander to get the build menus to show up. Maybe I should re-read the info on your RTS?

But not sure about the near object problem in Resistance.

As commander, the build menu will appear on your action menu when you get close to a primary base building. That won't be affected by the bug in the NearestObject command.

NearestOBject should work like this:

_vehicle=NearestObject [_player,"M1Abrams"]

In that case, the command would look at the player's position, and then find the nearest M1Abrams. That way there is no chance that it will choose the wrong object because it is limited to only finding the closest M1. In my script it cycles through the list of all vehicles that I have and then finds the one closest to you. This is how repairs and recycling and logging in to vehicles is done.

Because of the bug in 1.75, the NearestObject command works like this:

_vehicle=NearestObject[Getpos _player]

In this case I cannot specify the vehicle type to look for, it will only accept coordinates of some kind, which in this case are the position of the _player. Because of this, the command will look for whatever the nearestobject is, whether it be a bush, tree, bridge, etc. Then I have a portion of that script which tries to determine if the object type matches with any of the types that are vehicles.

Since a bush, etc. is not a vehicle, then the script will give an error. Because I cannot specify a vehicle type to look for that is nearest the player, then you have to be in almost a perfect place to get the script to determine the correct vehicle or building.

Anyway, I hope that BIS can release a fix for this in the next client patch.

If changing the NearestObject function would break anything[1], BIS could as well introduce "NearestObject_old" or something similar. Then you would have to create a version for Resistance and one for the original OFP but it would be better then nothing.

[1] (If BIS uses the command in one of the campaign missions, it would be impossible to change it back to the orignal-OFP type)

From what I understand they didn't change it for Resistance, but its functionality was broken because of a bug instroduced in Resistance.  In other words, repairing the function is all that needs doing and it shouldn't affect anything in Resistance.

There are many scripts that use NearestObject because it is a VERY useful command.  I hope that they can release a patch sometime soon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ Aug. 09 2002,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are many scripts that use NearestObject because it is a VERY useful command.  I hope that they can release a patch sometime soon.<span id='postcolor'>

ya the sooner the better to biggrin.gif

Hiya KaRRiLLion,

I downloaded your RTS2-Nogova map, but I got some probs with building with it. For some strange reason West team doesn't seem to be able to build anything, or even to log into the truck. Also, when in the Multiplayer screen, there doesnt seem to be a General for West side, is that the reason why West can't build?

Thx

General Guba only exists for the East because he was in the single player game.

No, the reason you're having issues is because there is a bug as I explained earlier in this thread. The bug is an opflash bug in the NearestObject command. Read previous posts for an explanation.