Sign in to follow this  
babylonjoke

Will we finally see craters after an explosion?

Hi all!

I know it's early to ask a question like this, I know that hardly a person in charge of the BIS will answer.

But what I wonder is:

Finally we will see the crater after an explosion?

Certainly, creating a crater is not of primary importance, but it's a great idea that plays into the hands of realism.

Such as the Gore system (not excessive, but only the strictly necessary) and raggdolls.

For exemple (personally) i hate when a 105 mm hit the ground and don't make any crater and don't blow up the legs of a poor soldier.

(I'm not sadistic, that's just what's happnes in a real warfare)

This is an hard question, i know, for many reason like :

What's up when artillery fire hit a road? Create a Destroyable Road is not easy, but even impoxible.You should have a powerfull computer to run all of this things (I think).

So on what they are focusing? Realism, accessible only to elite(goods) pc or to a medium realism accessible to all ?

We just have to wait and see. :bye:

Sorry for the bad English. Cheeeeers!:)

Edited by Babylonjoke

I say...don't get too exited. Technically we do have craters already, but not in the form of terrain deformation.

Yeah Steakslim, i know, but you are talking about Objects, those are pretty unrealistic.

I was talking about terrain deformation,yeah, you are right.

My question is also addressed to you,community, to know what you think about this.

Edit : next post. :D

Edited by Babylonjoke

Well I think everyone right now has a shit ton of speculative ideas of what is and isn't going to be in the game. As far as terrain deformation goes, I'm unsure if BIS could pull it off without resulting in some unplayable result. I know the aspect of ArmA 3 sounds like it opens a lot of doors for possibilities, but as with ArmA2, some things just won't happen, and in ArmA3 it will probably be the same.

I would however LOVE terrain deformation if it didn't lag the living hell out of servers in MP.

That would be wicked. Just think.. watching the shells arc in from an offshore battleship to come in and leave craters on the terrain... the craters deepening and widening as the ground gets further bombarded.

Pipe dream? Probably. Localized terrain deformation is still pretty niche.

I'm not excited, we are in 2011 and the game will be out in 2012.

Games in only 4/5 years did a big jump forward. I will not surprise if there will be all these details. (see Arma to Arma 2 in two years how much is changed)

These of course are just a small accortenze that i'll be glad if BIS will consider.(obviously only if there is the possibility)

I WILL NOT DARE , I say absolutely unfounded theories .

Edited by Babylonjoke

I don't know, I fear that the full release is going to ram my computer up the... yeah. I need to update my graphics card but for now, I'm still scared.

Dude! STOP pulling up threads from 2011... Wtf is wrong with you, Minicus!?

Well.. Craters would be cool though. :P

Indeed they would.

Indeed they would.

But really, don't commit the foul magic of necromancy and resurrect a dead thread.