Sign in to follow this  
atre

Cant keep factions appart - newb question

Hello

I know this is a retarded question but I have a big problem keeping the factions appart. I end up guessing and chancing wether to shoot or not and 50% of the time I end up shooting friendlies...

Anyone got any tips of how to keep the factions appart?

If they shoot at you they are enemy if not frendly units :) or use binoculars. Oh and push ~ and target unit, red enemy, grenn friends.

If you set game difficulty on recruit, enemy units are highlighted with red glow around them when spotted.

Oh, I forgot I probably shouldve said;

I only play multiplayer. Never played the single and most likely wont either and I belive Ive seen the difficulty level set to veteran...

I was hoping someone would tell me some nice tip like Bluefor will always wear X and never Y and Opfor will always have B and never wear C... or something... :/ they are all green! and dont get me started on the playing bluefor one day and opfor the other... or wich tanks are wich etc..

One little reminder: takistani guerillas wear uni-colour robes. The militia has military camouflage on them.

If its because you cant see them properly: Increase the model detail option so you can see the higher LODs faster, and try to grab a pair of binoculars/scoped weapon.

If its because you dont know what they are supposed to look like: Play more, you will get to know them quickly enough. Initially you may want to look at the weapons they are holding (black weapons are usually blufor, stuff made of wood is usually opfor, though in the case of friendly guerilla's this may not always be the case) and wether or not they are shooting at you. :p

Nice thanks for those links! and for all the other tips :)

The difference in color between USMC, Russia and Takistan is quite stark. You will get used to it.

Taki Militia are basically identical to Taki rebels, though.

Grab a scoped weapon and take a good look at each factions' uniforms. You'll notice that they got different styles of uniforms and won't find it hard to identify the target.

I play on the lowest settings except for textures on High. Got used to em and I can identify them even though they're far away. (Which is pretty essential in Warfare, the game mode I always play)

Appliance of real world rules of engagement might help to reduce Friendly fire incidents...never shoot before Target is ID'ed Targets that shoot at you can be considered Hostile no matter what colours. Might be as well some bored ****************************** or someone thats unable to tell factions appart and lacks ROE discipline.

Appliance of real world rules of engagement might help to reduce Friendly fire incidents...never shoot before Target is ID'ed Targets that shoot at you can be considered Hostile no matter what colours. Might be as well some bored ****************************** or someone thats unable to tell factions appart and lacks ROE discipline.

I hear you man... that happens alot to... i stand and look at them for a while then they shoot me dead :P well I guess I die without the death of a friendly on my conscience :)

Thanks all for the hints and tips. I guess I just have to put more hours into this game.

Hi there and welcome.

Give this guide a read through and it will help you deal better with this game.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74994

In any case, "never stay out in the open", it's better to observe from cover you will get less hit. It just takes some time to understand the game mechanics. Once you get a grip on it it's going to be the most intensive game experience someone can have. Peace of cake.

kind regards

Thanks all for the hints and tips. I guess I just have to put more hours into this game.

That's the gist of it. After a while you'll be surprised you ever had problems telling them apart. Also check the colour of headgear on some irregular units, in some factions such as NAPA and Chedaki it's the only way to tell.

I tend to play Domination, and when the elements attacking the AO start to get spread out and lose cohesion (too often), you have to make sure you know what you're shooting at.

First off, get a magnified optic if it's possible. I like the ACOG scope personally. If you don't want a magnified scope, use binoculars.

It's probably an enemy unit if....

1. It's carrying an AK variant. Except for the AK's carried by the Russian military, all enemy units carrying AK's have wood on their guns. If it's carrying an AK variant, it's probably enemy. Remember to check with friendlies and make sure none of them are carrying AK's. The FN FAL is also a common Takistani weapon, so people carrying it tend to be OPFOR.

2. Takistani units tend to wear long robes or solid green BDU's. Friendly units tend to wear variable pattern camoflauge.

3. If it's wearing a shemagh, it's almost certainly enemy. There are a very few friendly units that wear shemaghs, but it is *rarely* a problem.

4. USE THE MAP! If there's no friendly unit on the map where your gun is pointing, shoot.