Sign in to follow this  
Dreadnaught396

Domination server hosting problem

I'm having a problem hosting domination. I'm trying to use a version that another server has (7th Cav) and it will not work. I copied the file from MPmissionsCache to the Arma 2\MPmissions\ folder and it is detected. However, it will not load correctly. None of the scripting carries over and all players are immune to damage of any kind. Lots of UI and interaction options are missing as well. The main objective doesn't trigger. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Sounds like all you have is the mission sqm. You might be missing all the other scripts to make it work. When you start it do you get the option to set mission options like start time, side missions, ect ect?

yeah I do get that stuff but its definitely missing something else. The domination/zoom in intro doesn't even happen. Something isn't initializing for sure..I keep trying to ask the 7th cav guys but none of them reply on their server :/

If you setup servers like put your posts in wrong sections i don`t wonder it doesn`t work...

You tried a dedicated server or do you host a game?

:rolleyes:

Oh really? So which section would this fit into perfectly? Because these are pretty poorly set up forums, imo. My issue actually does fall under this section, multiplayer,user missions, AND the solution to my problem may be that I'm missing addons (which is related to this section) if you want to get technical on me. I can't stand this community sometimes..

before you slammed your keys and posted here, have you checked dependency in mission.sqm? (if you say the problem is related to addons)

Or maybe you think someone from those forums might have any clue about a mission edited by a particular gaming group?

My issue actually does fall under this section, multiplayer,user missions

Oh, just so you know, you haven't posted in Multiplayer/Mission section, but in ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION...what gives?

lol yes I did. Like many ignorant forums users here would say "search for it". Useless lot you are..

I don`t know if u have found solution, but I`ve had same issue. Problem was solved by upgrading server to combined operation from operation arrowhead.

I did same thing as you and had no problems even called server same as =7Cav= and put 3 at end ( they have only 2 public servers and some times both are full ). Few minutes lather

7Cav members jumped in and started to ask questions. Am i 7Cav member... only problem was a name of server and there heraldry that you should remove in editor. And they ware pretty

nice :cool: considering...

I'm having a problem hosting domination. I'm trying to use a version that another server has (7th Cav) and it will not work. I copied the file from MPmissionsCache to the Arma 2\MPmissions\ folder and it is detected. However, it will not load correctly. None of the scripting carries over and all players are immune to damage of any kind. Lots of UI and interaction options are missing as well. The main objective doesn't trigger. Is there something I am doing wrong?

check your arma 2 oa folder on server, look if there is Addons folder , if not u have to copy it from arma 2 (not OA) . THERE MUST BE Addons folder in ARMA 2 OA server/game folder. I`ve had the same problem, no intro , no helis like ah1z , f35, no sound, etc.