Sign in to follow this  
oggmeista

[Answered] "Bad serial number given in setup" NOT STEAM VERSION

Ok,

after the trouble I had getting arma 2 OA installed and updated due to a bad cd key error I have been happy playing until last night where now if I try to join any game in OA online it gives me BAD CD KEY and kicks me out.. GRRRRRRR

I have a totally valid paid for key which was provided to me on the download from sprocket.

Can someone assist?

many thanks

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

btw i'm running the standalone addition on version 1.59

same problem like in the other thread

please clean Your registry keys from previous game install ...

(complete uninstall / install cirle)

Edited by Dwarden

Ok I have it working now dwarden I guess i helped myself solve the issue however I downloaded some mods but im having a major issue with 1 of them

patched games to 1.09 Arma II & 1.59 OA then...

Installed these mods

@ACEX ( @ACEX_v1.10.0.330)

A2WarMod ACE Compatible Full 1.3

I44-ARMA2CO-v2-5

CBA_v0-7-3 (@CBA)

the I44-ARMA2CO-v2-5 mod seems to work fine (absoloutley astounding MOD btw) thx to all involved with is :-)

but when I tried to run the ACE mod it came up with this error

"include file user config\fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found

So I followed some forums to try find what the issue was and found this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108520&page=13 a

and followed your advice there to move three folder to main directory but now im getting this error

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found. and reading your message which says you should have this file inside the user config: fnc_ballistics the thing is it does but im still getting this error????

Does anyone know how to solve this issue, I think I might be missing something but im not sure what it is? please if anyone can help or point me to the solution would be much appreciated

thx

Edited by oggmeista

oggmeista its possible that mods+addons aren't compatible or have a WIP/Beta/old-obsolete version. Search/ask in appropriate thread(s) and you will find or get an answer. ;)

for a start:

ACE

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117996

Invasion 1944

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117585

Don't forget to read the documentation/readme/informations about the mod/addon!

oggmeista its possible that mods+addons aren't compatible or have a WIP/Beta/old-obsolete version. Search/ask in appropriate thread(s) and you will find or get an answer. ;)

for a start:

ACE

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117996

Invasion 1944

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117585

Don't forget to read the documentation/readme/informations about the mod/addon!

ok will do thx

Checking in to see how you came along on this and now have read your issues:

ACE mod it came up with this error

"include file user config\fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found

So I followed some forums to try find what the issue was and found this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...108520&page=13 a

and followed your advice there to move three folder to main directory but now im getting this error

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found. and reading your message which says you should have this file inside the

user config: fnc_ballistics the thing is it does but im still getting this error????

Does anyone know how to solve this issue, I think I might be missing something but im not sure what it is?

include file user config\fnc_ballistics_config.hpp not found

this has nothing to do with ACE, it has to do with one of A2WarMod's Mods, but you have it solved for that part, that is if

This other error your getting

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found.

is ACE related, it has nothing to do with A2WarMod. I believe the x\ace might be from xtras pack not the core, not sure,

did you install the ace core, and then another pack?

I suggest finding out on the ace thread, or send sickboy a pm and give him that error.

As for A2WarMod thats built for Arma2, not Combined Ops, I guarentee there will some things that will not work in CO.

Hope that helps.

First off please read carefully because my problem may seem very similar to others but I have tried EVERY single fix on this forum and many many others with no success.

I have had Arma 2 (CD Version) and Arma 2 OA (purchased and downloaded from Sprocket) for a very long time with no problems on my desktop, best game ever btw.

I bought a new laptop recently (ASUS G53JW, Core i7 740 QM, 4GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 460M). A friend who owned both Arma 2 and OA on steam installed them on his steam account on my laptop so we could play together. When we finished I did a complete uninstall of the steam Arma2 and OA from steam and uninstalled steam itself so that I could install my copies of the games (remember mine are CD and download)

So here is the problem... I play once or twice on the laptop and on the next attempt it starts to open then closes to the error message "Bad Serial Number Given On Setup". After getting this I check my registry files and the bohemia folder has disappeared completely.

I have taken all the steps suggested to try to correct this including but no limited to... completely cleaning and reinstalling MULTIPLE times, searching registry for and old steam version (which I cannot find), starting from .exe, launcher, YOMA, etc., replacing paul.dll file (suggested somewhere in forum) I have even gone as far as reinstalling windows on the laptop.

I love Arma, I am in an amazing unit with a great group of vets. I pitch the games to everyone who is interested in any type of gaming, who in turn most of the time buy it. I help with ACRE and multiple other mods on a testing level. Really the only reason I bought the laptop was so that I could have ARMA on the go, which is my only option at this time. So basically if I cannot get some help from this community or administrators, I will not be able to play anymore. So please, please help me fix this.

Thank You

Ghost001

jgonano@yahoo.com

CSM Gonano, Task Force Blackjack

Avid Arma Gamer

So here is the problem... I play once or twice on the laptop and on the next attempt it starts to open then closes to the error message "Bad Serial Number Given On Setup". After getting this I check my registry files and the bohemia folder has disappeared completely.

This is the part you should focus on. As you describe it, the problem seems to occur randomly, but such things are hardly ever truly random - something specific must be happening to cause this.

Have you tried to find a way to reproduce the problem consistently, or at least have a suspicion as to what it could be? Does it happen, for example, if you simply keep starting the game and closing it again repeatedly, or does the problem only pop up after not playing for a while and doing something else? Or perhaps only after a restart?

Btw. as a temporary workaround, you could export the relevant BIS and Arma2 registry keys to .reg files on your desktop. Then, when the registry entries disappear again, you should at least be able to simply double click on those .reg files to restore the registry keys, allowing you to play again without needing a reinstall (in theory). :)

But again, you should focus your efforts on finding the cause of the deleted reg keys.

First off, thanks for the reply. It seems to happen after the first or second time I restart the game. I wanted to try the .reg method you've described but quite sure how to do it. Would it be to much trouble to explain it to me in semi-lamen so I can give it a try? Again thank you for the response, Ghost

First off, thanks for the reply. It seems to happen after the first or second time I restart the game. I wanted to try the .reg method you've described but quite sure how to do it. Would it be to much trouble to explain it to me in semi-lamen so I can give it a try? Again thank you for the response, Ghost

It's fairly simple. Just right click on all BI related registry keys and select "export", choose a location to export to and provide a file name of your choosing. The next time these registry keys disappear, double clicking on those exported files will restore them.