Sign in to follow this  
Baz

What is the most combat effective way to command AI squadmembers

Hey guys what orders do you give to your AI to make them behave effective in a combat environment, in such a way that they can incur losses on the enemy forces without taking significant losses of their own?

What formations, combat modes, stances, etc, etc leads you and your AI to victory?

Danger (Combat Mode), sometimes forcing them to crouch down or get in a line is decent at times. Spreading them out as well so you don't lose your entire squad to a single high explosive. :cool:

I find the Delta/Diamond and Wedge formations the best, the Delta/Diamond while inside urban areas and the Wedge at open areas.

And yes, Danger mode is the way to go.

I would suggest putting Snipers and machine gunners at the back, tell them to stop at a nice vantage point and make them go prone (Or crouch, if they're behind low cover). That way, they can effectively provide accurate killing power.

EDIT: I would also suggest, in urban areas, to put an AI on a building's balcony or roof that provides good cover and to use it as an observer and some kind of covering fire. Once in Warfare CTI, I put a Takistani AI Sniper on a roof of a house, told it to watch the direction of the enemy player, as soon as it spots the enemy player, it opens fire and kills him. The player re-spawns, the AI sees him again and kills him, making me advance and capture his camp.

Edited by -=Grunt=-

Line formation with follow my stance with alert and engage. Recently after the 1.59 patch I'll go into danger once AI or myself detects enemy. If enemy didn't detect or fire, I'll try flanking them by having some guys flank right or left. Use smoke on open ground, and never stand in the open.... amazingly the AI don't do that often nowadays after 1.59, everyone is sneaking and hiding and leaning at the corner.

also "Stealth" mode is way handier for Stealth-able units[snipers, covertOps and etc], than conventional ones.

p.s.

keep AI's covering each others.

use obstacles, cover[including vegetables and buildings]

use brain[PREDICT enemy].

use bots abilities[from healing to minelaying]for bots too.

I split the squad into teams:

- 2 man MG team

- 2man rifle team

etc

and they cover each other in bounds

-

This is one of my favourites, 'Line' to deliver the max amount of firepower AND 'Prone' at the same time to make them as small a target as possible-

AA-form11.jpg

But for running through alleyways and narrow streets I like 'Column compact'-

AA-form8b.jpg

MORE FORMATION PICS HERE-

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?7629-Formations

Edited by PoorOldSpike

My MG team is ALWAYS Team Red.

My rifle team is ALWAYS Team Blue

Team Red is ALWAYS on my left.

Team Blue is Always on my right.

-