Sign in to follow this  
joemama007

WARFARE editing guide pls

im kind of a noob can anyone give me a complete walk through on how eactly to edit warfare and add units and hangers

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

im kind of a noob can anyone give me a complete walk through on how eactly to edit warfare and add units and hangers
sorry about the typos keyboard hates me

No one is going to help you guys/gals at all due to the way you asked. If there was a tutorial made somewhere I would love to see that as well for I am currently messing around with warefare but asking for a complete run down...

I honestly don't feel it's unreasonable to ask. The majority of the fan community tends to be locked with what they get due to the inaccessibility of the mission editor and scripting. The BI wiki on the matter is of scant usefulness for most things it appears.

I have been getting into tinkering with the warfare module mission lately, here's what I found out...

By complete accident and just by simply tinkering as I said. While using a PBO unpacker (Found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools) I recommend arma PBOview. I ended up searching around the arma directory and found a PBO in Arma 2/Add ons/warfare2.pbo

I opened it up and found some files listed as Warfare example missions, these contained basic Chernarus warfare missions. What you can do with the biggest folder is put it in your My Documents/Arma 2/Missions/ folder.

You can now open it up in your mission editor in Chernarus. But, within the folder for the mission itself are a bunch of Config files and .sqf files that you can open up with in notepad. These files contain variables you can alter such as starting money, weapons to buy. A lot of it is very complicated script stuff which no one seems to want to help with teaching without compensation(they'll probably tell you to take a class). But I was able to figure out how to stop the random start locations, add a bunch more guns, I basically adapted the warfare mission for Takistan. And what you can do is search back in your Arma 2 directory for another pbo titled Warfare2_e. That pbo contains all the config files adapted for takistan play, such as specific buy menus.

I'm having trouble inserting equipment from Arma 2 Basic into Arrowheads warfare though. I can add any weapon to the US Army buy menu, but I cant add other vehicles into their respective buy menus... kinda irritating. I also want to add a rangefinder instead of binoculars to the default troops, but I had to settle for putting an ammo crate at the static starting point I created full of like 20 of each rangefinders, binocs, and nvgoggles.

You can also download a simple vehicle respawn script from here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76445 and put it in your My Documents/Arma 2/Missions/yourwarfaremission/ folder. Read about how to use it, it's pretty simple. This way you can have some respawning vehicles.

Perhaps we can work together to discover more and share? I'll continue playing around after I do all my computer upgrades this week. Would be nice to actually have a friendly community about this issue instead of all the secluded esoterics that the editors and scripters seem to hold by(trade secrets I guess?). See you guys.

which no one seems to want to help with teaching without compensation(they'll probably tell you to take a class)

this is one of the most unrealistic comments ever made here.

Its not that noone wants to help, you or someone else, it basically means that the people that do know warfare have not seen this thread, do not have the proper time available to tell you about it or that the people that have seen this thread must themselves delve far into the scripts etc exploring it all (doing what you should have done at first) before telling you again what you should have figured out on your own, like you did with depboing the mission.

Its no problem asking for something, but if your not willing to get into it yourself dont expect everyone else to do your job for you.

This community is all about sharing, but some kind of involment is required on your part too.

It'd probably be better for you guys to edit either Warfare BE, Gossamer's Warfare or another player made variation.

These are generally easier to work with because there are people that know how everything works.

For example, the quesiton you asked is answered on Benny's Wiki page for Warfare BE.

this is one of the most unrealistic comments ever made here.

Its not that noone wants to help, you or someone else, it basically means that the people that do know warfare have not seen this thread, do not have the proper time available to tell you about it or that the people that have seen this thread must themselves delve far into the scripts etc exploring it all (doing what you should have done at first) before telling you again what you should have figured out on your own, like you did with depboing the mission.

Its no problem asking for something, but if your not willing to get into it yourself dont expect everyone else to do your job for you.

This community is all about sharing, but some kind of involment is required on your part too.

hmmmm. i joined recently to ask a few warfare editing questions. I've had zero replies to them. It's been about a week. My threads will be buried, probably never to be answered. I don't want to keep ringing up or bumping the threads because I'll probably get bashed for it like any other forum on the internet. I'm doing "my part" now by learning on my own without help, and I just submitted my assistance to the OP of this thread in the post you replied to. Such is life. no harm no foul

Edited by Cycho

It's cool, I think they want more to do with editing the scenarios however. The down and dirty stuff.

I'm almost done reloading all of my stuff onto my computer after my upgrades. I was playing around with the warfare mission I've created for myself now. Noticing I'm probably going to need to figure out how to put a forward construction vehicle into the fray so I don't have to travel all the way back all the time. Just setup some barracks and factories closer to the front lines and leave the HQ toward the back. I don't really care if the AI uses it or not, but it will save me time.

I too have been looking into the sqf files inside the warfare2 & warfare2 e pbo's

I have had a couple of ideas, but not sure it its possible. seeing how most of the functions are MP not SP, at least that is what my research has found from various sites.

any way, the idea i had was 2 fold.

1. To add artillery into the buy menu

2. (the more complex) To add the ability of creating squads from purchased units in a warfare +coin game.

Problem is most of the squad script commands are referenced as MP ONLY. (again info from sites).

My idea is lot more complex than a couple of lines.

All in all i only started playing arma2 (never played arma1) for a couple of months.

Yes, i would like help when i have questions, but i know most of my questions will net get answered with any meaningful answers.

It's all on the net as they say, the problem is finding it and google doesn't help, unless you can read Russian or any other language.

Edited by Linrox
spelling & Grammar

I honestly don't feel it's unreasonable to ask. The majority of the fan community tends to be locked with what they get due to the inaccessibility of the mission editor and scripting. The BI wiki on the matter is of scant usefulness for most things it appears.

I have been getting into tinkering with the warfare module mission lately, here's what I found out...

By complete accident and just by simply tinkering as I said. While using a PBO unpacker (Found here: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools) I recommend arma PBOview. I ended up searching around the arma directory and found a PBO in Arma 2/Add ons/warfare2.pbo

I opened it up and found some files listed as Warfare example missions, these contained basic Chernarus warfare missions. What you can do with the biggest folder is put it in your My Documents/Arma 2/Missions/ folder.

You can now open it up in your mission editor in Chernarus. But, within the folder for the mission itself are a bunch of Config files and .sqf files that you can open up with in notepad. These files contain variables you can alter such as starting money, weapons to buy. A lot of it is very complicated script stuff which no one seems to want to help with teaching without compensation(they'll probably tell you to take a class). But I was able to figure out how to stop the random start locations, add a bunch more guns, I basically adapted the warfare mission for Takistan. And what you can do is search back in your Arma 2 directory for another pbo titled Warfare2_e. That pbo contains all the config files adapted for takistan play, such as specific buy menus.

I'm having trouble inserting equipment from Arma 2 Basic into Arrowheads warfare though. I can add any weapon to the US Army buy menu, but I cant add other vehicles into their respective buy menus... kinda irritating. I also want to add a rangefinder instead of binoculars to the default troops, but I had to settle for putting an ammo crate at the static starting point I created full of like 20 of each rangefinders, binocs, and nvgoggles.

You can also download a simple vehicle respawn script from here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76445 and put it in your My Documents/Arma 2/Missions/yourwarfaremission/ folder. Read about how to use it, it's pretty simple. This way you can have some respawning vehicles.

Perhaps we can work together to discover more and share? I'll continue playing around after I do all my computer upgrades this week. Would be nice to actually have a friendly community about this issue instead of all the secluded esoterics that the editors and scripters seem to hold by(trade secrets I guess?). See you guys.

i see your point