Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Swinmming

I was thinking when they can make some of the armored vehicles swim why can they add that to people so they can swim aswell. shouldnt be that hard or is it just me?confused.gif??

The water doesn't act like water, it's just ground textured blue and it has a "floor" underneath so swimming isn't possible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from whisperFFW06 on 2:05 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

I've never tried to swim with all the soldier stuff on me, but it could be pretty hard not to sink smile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Well i have its posible but slow and hard smile.gif but can be done

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Damage Inc on 2:08 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

The water doesn't act like water, it's just ground textured blue and it has a "floor" underneath so swimming isn't possible.<span id='postcolor'>

hmmmmm just one question to that. Why can m113, brdm, and the bmp swim then?confused.gif

Because they have some sort of define that allows them to drive on the "floor" without them being destroyed.

I think yes. But that wouldn't be real swimming, just walking on the "floor" and that wouldn't be exactly realistic.

i think technically it would be a simple task to make them swim.

but it is a matter of game design, the water is a obstacle, it is the limit for the map...so you can make a defence in a island and never have to worry for swimming troops to flank you.

also, in real life....do you expect to be able to swim with a at4, ak74 + ammo + other eguipment?..you would sink like a rock smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Pete on 4:53 pm on Dec. 20, 2001

also, in real life....do you expect to be able to swim with a at4, ak74 + ammo + other eguipment?..you would sink like a rock smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As a part of my military training we did a 200m swim with full uniform, weapon and gear (2xammo,water,gasmask and extra bag) so yes you can swim with it. and yes its hard and you dont swim that fast. but nobody drowned.

Roger That! Lets Swim the seals! =D

no acutly it would b awesome 2 swim , and like a seal going up from the water with your newpolished m4A1...aww dear dreams...

/Sulter :o)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Dec. 20 2001,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because they have some sort of define that allows them to drive on the "floor" without them being destroyed.<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sorry, but that is completely wrong.

In open sea, the water is up to a 100 meters deep in places. The average ocean depth is around 50 meters.

BMPs, etc. do float - i.e. they maintain height with surface and can easily float where the water is very deep.

oh no!! private Ryan is sinking!!! let's all save private Ryan!!

oh no!!! everyone is sinki...gloup...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 20 2001,09:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As a part of my military training we did a 200m swim with full uniform, weapon and gear (2xammo,water,gasmask and extra bag) so yes you can swim with it. and yes its hard and you dont swim that fast. but nobody drowned.<span id='postcolor'>

That is exactly right. I don't know why everyone thinks that we would sink. I know for a fact US Marines makes everyone swim across a pool with full gear on. They learned from D-Day people. D-Day bunches just drowned and they didn't want that to happen anymore. So dont try and say its impossible in r/l.

they should Add NAVY Seal that can swim into water, and jump out from a chinook over the sea, so the chinook wouldnt need to go all over the base and make a lot of noise

And that way you wouldnt be killed after your parachute is closed tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (coolcarlos @ Jan. 11 2002,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i got a question, what is Swinmming??? lol<span id='postcolor'>

From what planet you are from?? confused.gif

Swimming, get in the water and stay on it and go on it.

Ignore him, he was being pedantic about the incorrect spelling smile.gif

make it so that you could swim above water not go scuba diving or anything like that just make it so you can swim to shore and if you swim to long say about 10 min you sink and drown the army/marines get trained to swim with all that equpiment

1.) You can even swim with the German MG3...  smile.gif

2.) I think its possible to make soldiers swim and even make them dive.

I think you have to find a command that makes the unit unvulnerable by water.Then use the model of a soldier who is prone and use the controls like those of a helicopter (move up/move down).

Then find out by the coordinates of the soldier wether he is underwater or above water.If he´s underwater add fog with blue/green color and 5m sight...

I think that´s how it COULD be done...

greetz

[76]Chavez

*TooDumbToMakeItRightSoWhoFindsMyMistakesFirst?* biggrin.gif

I have made a wet suit model using the ship class It sort of works You dont see it much its under water. But it can move up to the coast and its driver / crew can get in and out.

I use a re-skinned sabateur for the model and a normal sabateur for crew.

There are a bunch of problems with the sound that I can not seem to be able to change. It may be something simple like a misplaced "/ "

And if you aproach land too quick (more so if it is steep ie a cliff) it bounces into the air about 100 m whee! prety but use less. I have solved that by limiting aceleration and having it explode if you aproach a cliff too fast (your air bottle gets smashed on the rocks ?! Weak I know.

The model can be seen some times if you get the right speed of run up.

but untill I solve the height in water (it drops to the floor) I wont release it as beta.(I have an sqs that does this just need to make it cotrolable via menues)

I had hoped to use oxygen both for this and a 60 mm M224 mortar as a static vehicle (standard three man crew) Pack it to move it. I guess I will have to email BIS to ask for a developer licence or whatnot.

Regards walker