Sign in to follow this  
PH03NIX-ZA

CoD clone!?! (Extra Credits)

@ SigintArmA..Just a few minor corrections to your post:

(according to WiKi sites)

MoH was released on console in 1999 but didn't make it to the PC until 2002.

DoD (the half life mod..not source) was released to the PC in 2000

ergo DoD still came for online play prior to MoH.:cool:

But then again I believe Hidden & Dangerous was before even that, again in the 90's).

Hidden & Dangerous was released in 1999, the same year as the original Playstation version of Medal of Honor, so they probably have nothing in common (nobody "copies" a game in under a year). Hidden & Dangerous was arguably one of the best WWII games I have ever played, and it supported cooperative multiplayer too, a feature they sadly dropped in the second part). I think it's safe to say that H&D is somewhat of the granddaddy of modern day tactical shooters.

Did you all forget about Return to Castle Wolfensteein? Release 2001

Ahhhh.. but lets not forget these FPS (CoD,MoH,BF series with their over the top run 'n gun , spray and pray game play style) are all basically graphically enhanced clones of on of the original WWII FPS - "Days of Defeat".

Actually no. Pre-CoD4 games of the mentioned series are all different in their own way. In those times the word "clone" was a relic of the 90s when everything with first person and sprite enemies was a Doom clone.

Edited by Celery

Oh silly Billies, should research a tad more, at least they admitted it was a mistake, all is good in the arma world now :)