Sign in to follow this  
BasileyOne

few highlight to "Game After Ambush" BIS co-work with USMC/USArmy

can anyone give a hints what kind of missions can be played inside ?

aside countering ambushes, obviously ;)

i mean, compared to Arma2 online mapload.

Coop ?Warfare maybe ? what ?

I don´t know what you are even talking about....

I don´t know what you are even talking about....

im talk about VBS2 successor[based on it and Arma2 engine], used by both US Army[initially] and US MC[consider joining].

official BIS press-release http://vbs2.com/press/PR_GAA_VBS2.pdf

few other articles:

http://www.stripes.com/news/not-playing-around-army-to-invest-50m-in-combat-training-games-1.85595

http://www.stripes.com/news/army-paying-17-7m-for-training-game-1.86770

http://www.calytrix.com/news/newsitem/146/

p.s.

don't worry, if you don't know something, thats mean, someone asking someone else.

and dont worry again, its [practically]impossible know anything.

Peter Morrison, CEO of Bohemia Interactive Simulations stated “We are confident that the technology and

features of Virtual Battlespace 2 will serve the U.S. Army superbly as the “Game After Ambushâ€.

Based on this comment, I believe VBS2 is "Game After Ambush". GAA is not the "successor to VBS 2".

Based on this comment, I believe VBS2 is "Game After Ambush". GAA is not the "successor to VBS 2".

why "beleive" when you can "know" ?

quote:

"The new simulator — a modification of the commercial "Virtual Battle Space 2" — will replace the Army’s official video game "DARWARS Ambush," which the service uses to train soldiers for combat.." ©

p.s.

VBS2 was used by other customer previously. named USMC.

Subj itself will combine VBS2 experience over Arma2 engine to meet US Army [different]needs.

Edited by BasileyOne

VBS2 was used by other customer previously. named USMC.

Subj itself will combine VBS2 experience over Arma2 engine to meet US Army [different]needs.

What makes you think they will "combine" the VBS 2 experience with Arma2? There isn't a single reference to Arma2 in any of the links you provided.

"The new simulator — a modification of the commercial "Virtual Battle Space 2"

Probably just another DVD with addons that fit US army.Just like the one that USMC and ADF have?

to correct y'all, it's BIA (Bohemia Interactive Australia, Australian branch of BI) not BIS

"The new simulator — a modification of the commercial "Virtual Battle Space 2"

Probably just another DVD with addons that fit US army.Just like the one that USMC and ADF have?

Arma2 is "modification" of Arma1 as well as OFP.

"probably" isn't point or part of [interested]answer for Subj.

i can keep guessing solely, tnx.

while in fact im hope hear/read someone wanting to share [live/own]feedback about[subj].

to correct y'all, it's BIA (Bohemia Interactive Australia, Australian branch of BI) not BIS

i know thats Au Idea office devloted to milsim market/customers.

what im actually curious about is, requirements. what they need, what they miss in [for example]Arma2 ? engine modifications ? exotic peripherals support ? &etc.

initially im focused on mission building, because thats was my 1st guess[along with more realistic real-world landscapes(instead fictional ones), BDU's, equipments, hand gestures &etc].

Edited by BasileyOne

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Nobody said anything about Arma in that press Release. This will just be based on VBS with US Army Units instead of USMC

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Nobody said anything about Arma in that press Release. This will just be based on VBS with US Army Units instead of USMC

i can simplily it for you.

if you had Facts about subj - can you share them ?

if you talk about something else - ok too.

cuz its "off-topic" branch, right ?

i can simplily it for you.

if you talk about something else - ok too.

cuz its "off-topic" branch, right ?

Do you have any "facts" to back up your claims of VBS2 getting an Arma2-engine-do-over?

Otherwise you are just speculating too.

OK, since you are the Thread strater, go on bring some FACTS

answer for Subj.

i can keep guessing solely' date=' tnx.

while in fact im hope hear/read someone wanting to share [live/own']feedback about[subj].

You post this in a forum for us and then you want no input unless its facts? My guess is very much valid and can help you to find you facts. Do you really think anyone of us are sitting on facts, except BIS, BIA and US army?

If you want facts ask them. But I'm quite sure you wont get much of an answer there.

So keep guessing solely, but please dont bother "us" doing that tnx.

Thanks for the Lol thread :)

Right im off to

devlote
something . . .:Oo: Edited by SteveJA360

Quite simple : Army was using DARWARS Ambush, they seek to replace it.

They will use VBS2 platform, modified to integrate elements from Calytrix Technologies + other US Army needs (like you see addons and such developped for other customers of BIA).

Laser Shot, Inc. will act as coordinator, trainer, and all that stuff.

There's no official name yet, but as the old software is named "DARWARS Ambush", this iteration is currently nicknamed "Game After Ambush" in the BIA press release.

Nothing really new here, though that's a pretty big market for BIA, I guess

Quite simple : Army was using DARWARS Ambush, they seek to replace it.

They will use VBS2 platform, modified to integrate elements from Calytrix Technologies + other US Army needs (like you see addons and such developped for other customers of BIA).

Laser Shot, Inc. will act as coordinator, trainer, and all that stuff.

There's no official name yet, but as the old software is named "DARWARS Ambush", this iteration is currently nicknamed "Game After Ambush" in the BIA press release.

Nothing really new here, though that's a pretty big market for BIA, I guess

Its pretty much VBS2:Lite.

(Its distributed in the same way AMBUSH was)

GAA is just VBS2 with some minor differences. This thread will probably be locked, by the way.

For VBS2 discussions, see the already-existing VBS2 discussion thread.

For discussions pertaining to totally different games/simulators, as always, use their forums, or other forums. :)

Thread locked.