Sign in to follow this  
murtoo

Coast Guard Helicopter and Air Rescue

Love the addon! One question though, when I try and lower/raise the basket, it literally takes 4-5 minutes for it to finish. How might I speed this up?

Love the addon! One question though, when I try and lower/raise the basket, it literally takes 4-5 minutes for it to finish. How might I speed this up?

Can't be. It takes 14 seconds maximum. (At 10 meters altitude this is max.)

Somehow script on your computer working slower.

It works really well, I love it :)

Is it possible to have a longer rope ? I mean if I edit something in the script, or will cause issues with the rope model itself ? 10 meters is a bit short, I would feel more comfortable with something between 15 and 20.

Wonderfull job anyway !

It works really well, I love it :)

Is it possible to have a longer rope ? I mean if I edit something in the script, or will cause issues with the rope model itself ? 10 meters is a bit short, I would feel more comfortable with something between 15 and 20.

Wonderfull job anyway !

Sure; change this line in BasketDown.sqf

if (pos <= -7 and pos >= -12) then {

(-12) means max height. ((-1 * height) - 2) that means if you wanna 20 meters; change -12 to -22...

Edited by murtoo

Looks nice, but it won't load here on Arma2 saying it needs version 1.5. Does it only work with Operation Arrowhead?

yup more here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1697264#post1697264

I really wished yurapetrov would release those nice helicopters.

Thanks a lot Murtoo, could have check myself but didn't had the time earlier :p

yup more here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1697264#post1697264

I really wished yurapetrov would release those nice helicopters.

IIRC Robert Hammer posted some pics of those birds few months ago, and again IIRC he posted a video with yurapetrov's MH-60, so there's still some hope but I might be completely wrong

Looks nice, but it won't load here on Arma2 saying it needs version 1.5. Does it only work with Operation Arrowhead?

Yes mate you need arrowhead..

IIRC Robert Hammer posted some pics of those birds few months ago, and again IIRC he posted a video with yurapetrov's MH-60, so there's still some hope but I might be completely wrong

I hope he will can release jayhawk..

Nice work, thanks!!! you can help me whit some changes in the your script for use with UH1Y?I would put the rescue basket in this, I managed to correctly position the winch but I can not correctly position the basket when lowered or raised, you could help me out with that?, I like to use the rescue basket UH1Y ReSkin the rescue, of Harlow16AA

this is the way of glory!!!!

Nice work, thanks!!! you can help me whit some changes in the your script for use with UH1Y?I would put the rescue basket in this, I managed to correctly position the winch but I can not correctly position the basket when lowered or raised, you could help me out with that?, I like to use the rescue basket UH1Y ReSkin the rescue, of Harlow16AA

this is the way of glory!!!!

Alright I'll check it for you...

@murtoo, I'd also started work on a Coast Guard and civilian SAR helicopter addon. This gave birth to a physics rope

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117656

maybe you can use it for your addon.

Wow really looking good. I'll try it...

ok, I keep trying to use this in the editor, but every time i do I get "could not find Rescue.sqf" now I followed everything stated in this forum and more but still I cannot find out how to do this. can someone please give me a step by step guide to using this in the editor and then multiplayer?

ok, I keep trying to use this in the editor, but every time i do I get "could not find Rescue.sqf" now I followed everything stated in this forum and more but still I cannot find out how to do this. can someone please give me a step by step guide to using this in the editor and then multiplayer?

Wow. It says what you need to do in the very first post.

I did everything in there, yet when I put the line in the choppers init, it still says resue.sqf could not be found, and if i am doing this wrong then tell me what mission folder is it supposed to go to? what is the folders path?

Really (really) late post:

Love the USCG Heli.

Actually have a question about it.

How hard was it to skin the heli itself?

Hi Murtoo,

I think your addon is conflicting with the Map : Editor Upgrade.

Whenever I use them together this is what happen :

CGbug01.jpg

(it spawns a cable right in the middle of the chopper, If I try to move the basket down the heli just becomes uncontrolable and crashes)

I'm not 100% sure, cause the Map:EU files are in a folder with a lot of other files (all my maps actually). I don't have a lot of time right now, I'll do some more testing later and I'll let you know.

Is there a way to make this working in MP ? I can pick up my mate with the basket but when I trie to bring them in the cabin they just fall out ofthe basket :D.

Okay, found it, in Getin.sqf change victim moveInCargo heli; to victim action ["getInCargo", heli];

Would you, murtoo , be fine with me editing the mod to be working on MP ?

Edited by MrSherenai