Sign in to follow this  
lNTRUDER

C04 Take One Helicopters

Hi all,

Sorry folks, but I just had to put something together as a tribute to the just announced Take On Helicopters =)

So here it is, an early version of:

"CO4 Take One Helicopters"

takeone1x.JPG

takeone2.th.jpg takeone3.th.jpg takeone4.th.jpg

Story & Tasks:

"It's time for Peggy Air Services to get our cashflow going again. Luckily for us we have just been hired to do some routine stuff in nearby Grungetown. Whatever we have to do to keep the business alive..."

-Drop off a medical box at the hospital

-Pick up a business man on top of his office building

-Drop off the business man at the airfield

That is all ;-)

Features:

-custom built city with skyscrapers

-a helicopter =)

-exciting everyday routines

-shooting abstinence

Notes:

Mission is also playable in SP.

Required:

-Urban Pack 0.8

-USEC Bell 206

-ArmA 2 Combined Ops

Credits:

Charon for his Urban Pack addon

Rocket for his Bell 206 addon

Norrin for his POW script

Tophe for his Vehicle Respawn script

BIS for a decade of fun :)

Changelog:

v.0.90

-changed: Hi-17 is replaced with Usec Bell 206, fits better with the story

-fixed: broken end trigger

-fixed: marker for the airfield job now turns green when task is completed

-added: info in briefing about respawn for deserted chopper

Download link (v.0.90):

C04 Take One Helicopters

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
linkk

It would be nice if someone took the time to make a fully populated urban map complete with skyscrapers and everything and maybe some ambient civs traveling the streets below.

Although I would say that if you used the USEC Bell 206B it would have been better.

=^.^=,,,

It would be nice if someone took the time to make a fully populated urban map complete with skyscrapers and everything and maybe some ambient civs traveling the streets below.

Although I would say that if you used the USEC Bell 206B it would have been better.

=^.^=,,,

Agreed for the urban map part. Although if you look closely I actually put a few civvies wandering/driving the streets. And some just waiting by the bus stops :)

Thanks for the tip about the Bell ! That will definitely appear in my next update =)

Mission updated!

So no more Hi-17, which was kind of heavy to manouver between the skyscrapers, I admit :)

Instead say hello to the nice and shiny Bell 206!

v.0.90

-changed: Hi-17 is replaced with Usec Bell 206, fits better with the story

-fixed: broken end trigger

-fixed: marker for the airfield job now turns green when task is completed

-added: info in briefing about respawn for deserted chopper

/ ]NTRUDER

Edited by ]NTRUDER
link.

Take a look at the Duala update. It comes with a nice helo in civi and other paint schems. Smaller than the bell it might fit this also.

Take a look at the Duala update. It comes with a nice helo in civi and other paint schems. Smaller than the bell it might fit this also.

Cheers for the tip Proto :) So there is no standalone addon to download? I have to get the Duala map to use this chopper?

Just played this.

It did feel (and look) like Sim Copter. :)

I landed on the roof and told the guy in the suit to follow me. He took three steps backwards and fell of the roof. :/ The citizens went crazy.

Esc, ALT+F4. :)

Just played this.

It did feel (and look) like Sim Copter. :)

I landed on the roof and told the guy in the suit to follow me. He took three steps backwards and fell of the roof. :/ The citizens went crazy.

Esc, ALT+F4. :)

Ouch, I feel bad for the suit who fell to his death, the poor thing :D Did you host and play or did this happen on a dedicated server? Were you the "team leader" ? Did you by any chance respawn (for some reason) before it happened? Stuff like that...just curious:)

NTRUDER;1891533']Ouch' date=' I feel bad for the suit who fell to his death, the poor thing :D Did you host and play or did this happen on a dedicated server? Were you the "team leader" ? Did you by any chance respawn (for some reason) before it happened? Stuff like that...just curious:)[/quote']

Dedicated LAN server. Team leader. No respawn. Just ordered my team of pilots to stay (move command).

Thanks Posta. So you used the Action menu option "pick up business man" and then he joined your group right? Wasn't he at the same time immediately moved inside the helicopter? (without you doing anything)

I forgot to ask, which version did you try? 0.90 ?

Thx for your help mate :)

NTRUDER;1891968']Thanks Posta. So you used the Action menu option "pick up business man" and then he joined your group right? Wasn't he at the same time immediately moved inside the helicopter? (without you doing anything)

I forgot to ask' date=' which version did you try? 0.90 ?

Thx for your help mate :)[/quote']

Yep he joined my group as number five if I recall correctly. No, he wasn't moved inside the heli. He just tried to follow me and had to take a few steps back. To his death. :) I didn't sit in the chopper when I selected "pick up business man".

Yes, 0.90.

Good info, thanks!

It seems there are some issues with locality in some of the scripts I wrote for this mission. I will take a look and see what I can do :)