Sign in to follow this  
norrin

Steel Armor: Blaze of War

I often read this part of the forums but I don't think I've ever posted anything here.

Anyway, here's a game that's captured my interest recently. It's called Steel Armor: Blaze of War (bit of a crappy name in'it) and its been developed by Graviteam the guys who brought us STEEL FURY: Kharkov1942 (which is a very nice tank sim if you get all the community made mods and patches) as well as T72: Balkans in Fire - so they know a thing or two about making these types of games.

Their website is here: http://www.graviteam.com/games/210.html

There's a few vids on youtube you can watch if you're interested such as:

KKoxqG6S3yQ

5UXTJqKaOmA

But this is the one that has got me really excited:

CemHadv2T6M

Imagine that level of detail in ArmA2 - makes me wonder whether we should do a Centurion animated like this for the AAW mod if we ever get around to doing the ADF units for the Vietnam War.

PS: Its TrackIR compatible if you're wondering.

This is one of those games with translated titles, I hope.

But it looks awesome. That first video resembles a flatter Chernarus.

Edited by maturin

Hi all,

greetings from Germany.

I hope this is not considered as "spamming", but I stumbled over Steel Armor Threads in the www right now because it`s linked to my work.

I`m the producer responsible for the International versions (Non-Russian) of the game. The German version is to be released within the next 2 weeks and can be ordered here:

http://amazon.de/Steel-Amor-Blaze-Play-Indie/dp/B005I0HS3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322642715&sr=8-1

The English version will be released soon after, but I can`t guarantee it will be in US / CDN stores before begin of 2012.

Hi all,

greetings from Germany.

I hope this is not considered as "spamming", but I stumbled over Steel Armor Threads in the www right now because it`s linked to my work.

I`m the producer responsible for the International versions (Non-Russian) of the game. The German version is to be released within the next 2 weeks and can be ordered here:

http://amazon.de/Steel-Amor-Blaze-Play-Indie/dp/B005I0HS3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322642715&sr=8-1

The English version will be released soon after, but I can`t guarantee it will be in US / CDN stores before begin of 2012.

Any information when we can expect it in BeNeLux countries? Thnx

Never been into tank sims but that looked awesome, love to run around as infantry in all of that, maps looked great

Any information when we can expect it in BeNeLux countries? Thnx

Begin 2012 (January) the game will be sold (English Version) in benelux, distributed by Koch media.

Awesome, another game for my 2012 playlist then :D

Well its been released on Gamersgate and I'm just installing now: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

I'll try and post some screenies once the kids are in bed.

EDIT:

This is a bit of a weird one, its a combination of Steel Fury and Achtung Panzer - so both a tank sim and strategy game. Had a couple of crashes to desktop in the 90 minutes or so I've played the game so you might want to hold off until a patch or 2 is released. Unless you're familiar with Actung Panzer you may struggle a bit at first as its not that clear whats going on - maybe I should read the manual :). Anyway here are the promised screen shots. Always liked the M60a1 so I reckon I'm going to stick with it for a while.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Edited by norrin

Hi norrin, in your opinion, is it better to get this or the Steel Beasts update?

Mmmmm

100% getting this, just wondering if it'll be distributed on steam too (inb4 all the anti steam rage, I like it for the convenience...)

Hi norrin, in your opinion, is it better to get this or the Steel Beasts update?

Very hard to say at the moment MrBump - graphically its not cutting edge by a long shot but its still light years ahead of Steel Beasts. At the moment Steel Armor still has quite a few rough edges and the documentation in my mind is lacking, but with a bit of luck these problems will be fixed over the coming weeks/months/years either by the developers or the community as has happened in the past with other lighthouse/graviteam tank sims.

The strategic element certainly adds variety and depth but I think I'd probably prefer if this was more of a straight tank sim, this view may change with time though as I get more comfortable with the strategic side of things.

The variety of playable units is far wider in Steel Beasts, only 2 tanks are playable in Steel Armor (M60a1 and T-62), and the terrains are more varied. Having said that I can see myself playing Steel Armor more in future than SB Pro.

There's quite a bit of discussion currently going on over at SimHQ about Steel Armor that might help you decide so check it out: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/238/1/Graviteam_Sims.html

EDIT

Just discovered that the game comes with its own modding tools and documentation is available so the mod possibilities for Steel Armor are looking pretty good. Also a Quick Battle mode is available so you can forgo most of the strategy aspects of the game if you want.

centurion.jpg

SA Model Viewer

Edited by norrin
Added info and picture

Cheers norrin, I think I will get this game, the CTD's sound annoying, seems the developers are good at patching their games though.

EDIT: I now see there is a previous thread on this, sorry guys.

Well I bought this tank simulator off of gamersgate here:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SABW/steel-armor-blaze-of-war

$29.99 U.S.

I have been having alot of fun with this game, they did an excellent job on realistically portraying both tanks and all of its systems, ballisitics, armour values ect.

If you are an avid tanker, you should grab this one, I personally love it.

land_119a_003.jpg

6524520429_5eb4fcbd89_b.jpg

pic2.jpg

Start.jpg

CrossFire.jpg

Casualties.jpg

See this thread

I'm waiting patiently for it to be on steam, then i'll probably buy the whole series.

TristanYockell

Please use the search function before opening a new thread. It's not just a good idea... it's the rules! :p

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

I'll merge this one with the old one.

Funny, because I am interested but on the fence about this sim.