Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

My feckin' vaccine

<span style='font-size:57pt;line-height:100%'>YES</span>

It works. No death chickens today. They are all save thanks to my vaccine. And the nice part is that i have developed a methode, so that one can distinguish the vaccinated chickens from the ill ones. Whoopifeckin'doo biggrin.gif

Something like that. Well, what do you expect from a Genetical Engineer. I have to play for god for a living wow.gif

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Someday, i will rule the world. I will clone myself thousandfold. Female Gorgi's and male Gorgi's. In every part of the world i will put two of them, a male and a female. Then they will mate, and will produce the perfect human being.....</span>

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>UBER-GORGI</span>

And my offspring will roam the earth for trillions of years, eating the minor humans mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gorgi Knootewoot @ May 18 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Someday, i will rule the world. I will clone myself thousandfold. Female Gorgi's and male Gorgi's. In every part of the world i will put two of them, a male and a female. Then they will mate, and will produce the perfect human being.....</span>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>UBER-GORGI</span>

And my offspring will roam the earth for trillions of years, eating the minor humans  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

GorgiPan comes to mind.

GorgiPans taking over the world...

What makes me a little afraid, is that the Netherlands are next to our German border and they`ll try to invade us first. As revenge for our steeling their cheese in WW2...

But when that time has come I`ll probably be a Lieutenant or Captain in the Bundeswehr and fight back the GorgiPans. tounge.gif

i am the commander and chief for the monkey liberation army, and we will fight your evil Ãœber-Gorgis to the last chimp.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ May 17 2002,09:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What makes me a little afraid, is that the Netherlands are next to our German border and they`ll try to invade us first. As revenge for our steeling their cheese in WW2...<span id='postcolor'>

You can keep the cheese, but we want our bicycles back biggrin.gif

You can have your bicycles back! They are to ancient-like in my eyes anyway tounge.gif

I only ride mountainbikes which are from the USA wink.gif

It is obvious that we here are dealing with a person quite capable of killing and eating his own kind. Look at that 100-mile gaze!

blueboysitting.jpg

So what disease is your vaccine aimed against? Did you use something fancy like a DNA vaccine or is it just of the plain old kind (weakened or killed germs)? Or is this proprietary information? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ May 17 2002,10:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So what disease is your vaccine aimed against? Did you use something fancy like a DNA vaccine or is it just of the plain old kind (weakened or killed germs)? Or is this proprietary information?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, i signed a contract no to tell anybody.

But i use a strain of virus that is harmless. I changed a piece of RNA so one of it's proteins will be different. Therefore some antibody's (a monoclonal one) don't have effect on the virus anymore. This antibody can be used (in Western Blot or ELISA) to test if it is my virus, or another one. The antibody doesn't react, so no result is good. But to be sure, of course, a polyclonal has to be used also to test if the virus is there.

It is for a chicken's disease which can be very deadly. (mostly 70% of the flock dies)

The disease is all around the world, except for New-Zealand.

There are a lot of different strains, and i use a harmless one for my vaccin, so that i don't have to weaken or kill 'em. I also have deady ones, but these i only use for testing of the vaccin.

So is it a virus that already has a vaccin (i.e. you replicate the effect for job-training purposes), or have you actually discovered this vaccin? I'm just curious - we might be talking to a future nobel price winner (who has Peter Pan obsessions) smile.gif

There are already a few vaccines for this disease, but then you cannot distiguish the ill from the vaccinated chickens. Therefore they wanted me to make a marker-vaccine (so you can tell the difference). Marker-vaccins already exist for other virusses, like the pig-illness Aujesky. But for the chickens disease there is no marker vaccin. But i made one, and this company had all rights for it so that they can make a shitload of money. And i don't get shit from it mad.gif

if you make money off this can i marry you and take it all?

take pride in the fact u have saved many chickens lives, every sunday "i will remember u" as i sit down to my sunday dinner of non virused chicken due to gorgi and his vaccine

hilandor stands and claps

Also, when a lot of vaccines are discovered per year. Nobody ever get's a prize for it. But when somebody will discover a good vaccine for HIV, i think he/she should get a prize. This little bugger virus is impossible to counterfeit using a vaccine. When a weakened HIV is used as a vaccine, the human body makes nice antibody's. But the HIV virus just changes it's "coat", so that the antibody don't recognize it anymore.

I do know one methode to kill the virus i think. Just use an enzyme called nuclease. It will destroy the viruses DNA/RNA. The only problem is that the host (the human) his DNA is also destroyed. Also burning the HIV carrier should work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ May 17 2002,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">take pride in the fact u have saved many chickens lives, every sunday  "i will remember u" as i shit down to my sunday dinner of  non virused chicken due to Gorgi and his vaccine

hilandor stands and falls<span id='postcolor'>

Pride, <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PRIDE</span>

I want money. You can't buy shit from pride.

One way to rule the world is with tons of money.

wink.gif

Gorgi, just curious. What exactly is a marker vaccine? does it just show that the chicken has the virus? does it make its feathers turn blue or something? or does it also kill the virusses? just wondering.