Sign in to follow this  
konrad1

Real Warfare Soundmod

4 or more samples but they sound very same mostly different endings i know that with m2 m24 but momentally no time on working sry reallife school and so on

First of all, I'd like to say thank you for such a brilliant addon, really does help with the immersion and feel of the game, amazing work.

While testing the Mod on the continous warfare maps (Takistan 24 player, with AI and no other human players) my OA seems to crash and it's only done this since I added this addon.

Seems to be a random crash, but each time the game is trying to play a sound I think, or is in the process of playing a sound (last crash, I had an M1 Abrams driving past me while I was on foot, no other sounds).

I have tried removing and re-adding the addon, removing and/or changing the location of the sonic cracks (a little confused as to which folder they should be in?).

I am not using the ACE Mod at all, and have removed that folder entirely as it says in the readme.

I am running Arma2 under Combined Operations via Steam (used the Armaholic FAQ and using Mod Folders, launch options/command line edited to suit)

Quite a frustrating problem as I can't re-create it accurately, it just seems to happen every so often. Even when in heavy combat, tanks and APC's all firing at each other and me the game is fine, then a small sound later, maybe a reload or a vehicle starting it's engine and it crashes.

The crash has no error message it's just a windows Vista "This program has stopped responding" with a wait or close button, no other message that I can see.

Keep up the good work otherwise, amazing job!

Regards,

Matt

its wanted this way every weapon has atleast 2 or 4 soundsamples

or do you think they sound too different?

it's kind of weird if you shoot from exact the same position and one second later you've a different sound. I - and others - thought this would be a config error... Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining at all both sounds are great for themselves, but it's not very realistic since one weapon IRL has just one sound.

no they dont! thats the point.

a weapon NEVER sounds the same

but if you really hate this you can change the config

easy as that

no they dont! thats the point.

a weapon NEVER sounds the same

but if you really hate this you can change the config

easy as that

Take it easy PurePassion. I just wanted to know whether this is an error or it is on purpose. Konrad's answer was absolutely sufficient.

Last but not least this is a forum where productive feedback is mostly appreciated, otherwise addon-makers wouldn't communicate with us here.

And BTW I spent some time in the army and shot with many different weapons (and that continuously at least once a week for one year) so if you say "a weapon NEVER sounds the same" in the same environment you are simply wrong.

pls dont get me wrong. i just didnt agree on the statement that a weapon IRL has just one sound; they can heavily change depending on multiple factors

but you as an soldier know it anyways

so i didnt want to offend you nor say that youre just wrong :o

pls dont get me wrong. i just didnt agree on the statement that a weapon IRL has just one sound; they can heavily change depending on multiple factors but you as an soldier know it anyways

so i didnt want to offend you nor say that youre just wrong :o[/quote

No offence taken. And of course you're right about the multiple factor that's why I wrote "it's kind of weird if you shoot from exact the same position and one second later you've a different sound". All clear now, have a nice day.

yeah you too! :) and enjoy RWS ;)

and one question to you Konrad do you still have the old MK48 and especially M240 echoes?

They were just perfect! but i think after the latest update they were gone..

:S they should be there shoot some more rounds sometimes the paf paf paf at the end appears sometimes not

ah an between next update will take a time work and girls you know ;)

When will you have a new version up ? really like your sounds, there is lots of potential there :)

hey man be sure to hold onto all of your sounds I don't think I can play arma 3 when it comes out without these ;)

hey man be sure to hold onto all of your sounds I don't think I can play arma 3 when it comes out without these ;)

My sentiments exactly!

Many thanks for the continued work, Konrad.

I dont know if it is in your area, but what ARMA 2 OA could need is more detailed ambient sound like wind, rain, crickets and so on. And i figured that it would be awesome if it came from you, (bestsoundmodder)!

Just wondering, I downloaded the patch and installed it for RWS 0.99, and I haven't noticed any changes with BAF, you already had L85A2 and L86A2 sounds, but the Jackal's L2A1 and the tripod mounted L111A1 still have vanilla sounds for me.

Konrad, the video posted on Armaholic with link to your patch is not the new updated sounds, those are old beta sounds,

maybe record an actual video of your latest update.

You planning on doing any explosions type sounds?

@Sausage i cant change the jackal sound for a reason also JSRS couldnt help me he have the same problem.

I need somebody that could make a video for me pls

some are on page 1

explosions are 80% done

some are on page 1

Maybe PurePassion could since he lives on this thread, :D

Send me a message or post here with exactly what you want included in it and I can do this for you.

@Sausage i cant change the jackal sound for a reason also JSRS couldnt help me he have the same problem.

some are on page 1

explosions are 80% done

Yeah I heard it is a config problem, but oh well, this soundmod gets me through arma easily, good luck with the configs, but I'm guessing you can't do Jackal config cause you can't open pbo that it is in?

if I got more than 10fps while recording I would make a video, but I will still try, I'll try an ambient firefight for the sounds.

Sounds AMAZING! maybe a little work with explosions, a more powerfull kick maybe