Sign in to follow this  
cartier90

AI - would you say its improved ?

Avenger - I too wish Snipers and general engagement distance was improved ..just tried 2 teams against 2 OPFOR - 600m seems to be the start of the firefight. Does anyone know if 1.58 will solve this ( and expected release date ) ?

After an extended break from Arma2, I have to say the AI has improved somewhat (latest betas) since the last time I've played. I find them finding cover far more often then before and the addition of the friendly placement cursor a nice bonus.

I was laughing 1st time I refired it up as the 1st enemy I encountered took cover behind the thin street lamp post - it became abruptly not-funny when I kept shooting the metal while he leaned and headshotted me :butbut:

I used to be able to get behind the enemy in Hike in Hills mission and they had a hard time getting off that quick shot at close range -need to play with that again as that CQB slow reaction was kindof a downer...

Overall, more interesting to play against tho.

Avenger - I too wish Snipers and general engagement distance was improved ..just tried 2 teams against 2 OPFOR - 600m seems to be the start of the firefight. Does anyone know if 1.58 will solve this ( and expected release date ) ?

The old version of Zeus AI is highly unobtrusive and extends engagement distances dramatically.

Maturin, is there no too implent ZEUS just with 1.57 sans ACE ? - ACE lowers my FPS too much....

ZEUS works perfectly well on its own. Avoid the later beta versions if you have FPS problems or don't want large changes, however. It's pretty modular.

Expected release date of 1.59 is tomorrow. Post by Maruk:

Our plan atm is:

* to skip update 1.58 release (note that 1.58 will be included with Arma 2: Reinforcements retail expansion with BAF/PMC)

* to organize community testing of several proposed animation changes to be included in 1.59 via beta patches, using forums as focus test group

* release of 1.59 should be on 17th March in any case (even if we have to revert all animations changes and improvements completely)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1866360&postcount=273

I just played a Mission together with my Squad wher we have to attack the Radio tower on green mountain. The AI is fantastic. They supressed us, constantly tried to flank us, shot and threw grenades at us, it was an incredibly intense forest fight. After that we had to defend the radiotower and it got even more crazy. AI was attacking uphill recieving heavy fire from our defensive positions. You could watch the AI try other routes with more cover, flanking, shooting RPGs at us. We made it without a casualty, just a few wounded, but man this was intense!

Yes much improved, which has improved my enjoyment immensely.

Great work.

DMmk. I think that is awesome to know that shit is going on behind the scene.

Thanks for that tidbit.

To "solve" the issue of the AI going prone at awkward times, I tried the "this setunitpos up" command, but that alters the unit's AI a bit so that they don't engage targets in a regular fashion, as if they're deciding whether or not they should go prone but realising they cannot.