Sign in to follow this  
TheForumTroll

Looking for new coop missions to play

Hello :)

I'm on the lookout for some good coop missions and was hoping someone here could name a few. I'll list a few things we would like to help you know what we are looking for.

The only must is that it is playable with 2 players. It is okay if it is hard as long as it is not impossible.

These would be a plus but not a must:

• Realism
  • Respawn or save
  • Long mission or campaign
  • Not too much AI handling

try sanders "baf_coop mission pak"

and the "takistan_coop mission pack"

Both recently updated here.

There's enough there to keep u busy for quite a while.

Take a little time to search thru these forums before

you are "berated" for your lack of effort. (smile)

I did search but there's a lot of bad missions out there. Asking with info of what we like to play should give better results (I hope) :)

Go to Armaholic.com and go to Downloads->Arma2/OA->Scenarios->Co-Op Missions. You can sort by "Hits". Presumably the more hits/downloads the better the missions. "Bad" is also relative. Depends on what you like. Firefights, stealth, attacking, defending, search-and-destroy, aircraft, armour, humping through the bush chasing the enemy? Sander's mission packs are also a good start. You can pick and choose as you please. Also you can come to this forum and look for User Mission threads with many, many posts. This means a high level of interest. There are also a lot of co-op game modes, like Insurgency, Evolution, Warfare etc with cult followings of their own.

Edited by MissionCreep

Insurgency is an ausome coop mission

http://pvpscene.net/wiki/doku.php?id=english:game_modes:insurgency

Advance and Secure

http://pvpscene.net/wiki/doku.php?id=english:game_modes:advance_and_secure

I did search but there's a lot of bad missions out there.

Theres really no such thing as a bad mission unless of course it crashes your game all the time and the mission dont play like it should,

missions are style based, it really comes down to what you want to do and or how do you want to play, so your personal taste maybe

different obviously then some elses, that dont mean particular missions you see are bad, its all in how you want to play your game.

Dont be shy of the editor theres plenty of tutorials, and folks here that will either direct you where to go or help you with editing your own missions.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Try this one, I made this camaign and had good reactions so it should be good.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=109533

And what missioncreep said. There are all the good missions but also very good campaigns. A community top 5 campaign etc.

Have a nice time...

It has a bit of all these points:

Realism

Respawn or save

Long mission or campaign

Not too much AI handling

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

Thank you. Lots of stuff to try out now :yay:

Theres really no such thing as a bad mission unless of course it crashes your game all the time and the mission dont play like it should,

missions are style based, it really comes down to what you want to do and or how do you want to play, so your personal taste maybe

different obviously then some elses, that dont mean particular missions you see are bad, its all in how you want to play your game.

Dont be shy of the editor theres plenty of tutorials, and folks here that will either direct you where to go or help you with editing your own missions.

You are absolutely right! I didn't mean it like that though. We all know some missions are better made than others. That is all :)

I actually did a tiny amount of missions for fun (not released though) back in OFP and I'm also playing around in the editor now. I just find it really hard to create fun missions for myself to play even with randomized waypoints etc. I'm working on it though.

Most missions I've tried to download in the past were actually really bugged to one level or another, so they don't even work like they should, and that's before even looking at how well/poorly designed they were. Though you can't really blame the mission makers when those who play the missions don't leave any feedback regarding those issues (but some you can blame for obviously not even trying to play their own missions). And then after getting frustrated with those (like the OP is), you don't even get to find the few missions that might actually be good.

Anyway, most missions I've posted on these forums scale (number of enemies depends on number of players), but don't have respawn and aren't too long. Most have 0 AI handling though. Just search for threads by galzohar if you want.

I have a couple mission types I always build, the one type is an objective based using the !Alive trigger,

and the other one is a sp/mp/coop type mission that is pretty much a run n gun type mission, no objectives but its a real blast to play.

I plan on updating those with briefings which tbh I have never done only because I only

played them with a couple of friends or by myself.

After I get some work completed with my mod here I will start this little mission project and post a release thread

in the usermission section here to get some feedback on it.

Hmm yes I am looking for some similar missions as well, except something to show off to my friend who is new to the game. Something story driven. Operation Dutch looks promising, will give it a spin with my mate.

Domination can also be good with just 2 people if you have the ability to recruit ai, you don't have to handle them much, just let them stay in formation with you. Other than that I can't really think of many other missions.