Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

ARMA2OA Map step by step Guide using Arma2p tool

I think now is the time for an updated quick and easy guide for making a map for ARMA2 OA with Baf and Pmc content

Now i will go through my process for map making and what's needed tools for set up and making of map

BI Tools http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2

Install is straight forward it will create a virtual hard drive that acts as your work folder for all addon and map making for source material once they have been dpboed and added to the p:\ ca folder this P:\drive is your work space for making maps and addons.

After setting up your BI Tools Drive go in your CA folder and copy the roads and roads 2 folder as you need to replace them back in ca folder after the arma2p has converted files to ca folder as it overwrites the original roads and roads2 wich we need the mlods to work roads . so if you don't it wont show in Visitor or game or be used with road painter

You need to download some kit from

mikero @ devheaven these tools are an all in 1 dpbo convert package to change model versions for Vis3 to see and binpbo to binerize easyest way to do it as it batch files the whole lot from your game to your p

Bisdll http://dev-heaven.net/projects/tdt/files

Dpbo.dll http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/files

Convertp3d all the rest from the second link

Arma2p

Extractpbo

Make a folder I called mine convert now put all downloaded kit in here for it to work then put the convert folder in P:\ drive

And click the arma2p exe now a dos box will open and delete some folders but will refill them with oa content as well as arma2 now it will convert and rename OA content the p3d models for visitor to see it will also put the arma2oa bulldozer exe in so will work in visitor

Now after some time it will complete now look in the P:\ca folder

make a folder on desktop called textures copy takistan\data folder put in the folder you just made do for

cheranus\data

utes\data

desert\data

proving grounds\data if you have bought pmc

Now we have all the textures we need for map making .

this will be your main texture source folder for ground and sky textures

Now delete all but these files in your p:\ca folder

buildings

buildings2

misc

misc2

misc3

misc fix

plants2

plants_e

plants_pmc

roads

roads2

roads_e

roads_pmc

signs2

signs_e

structures

structures_e

structures_pmc

UI

lk.jpg

also

Now if its like mine your buildings and like will show in Vis3 and bulldozer

Thats the bis stuff and converting models done now

These tools are for image capture and manipulation

Google earth full version pref as you have high quality save option 4800x4800

CS5 Photoshop were you see PS i mean photshop

These are for terrain editing if needed.

lL3dt you cant export unless you get the trial 90day key play with this then when ready do the trial key pump out all the maps you need in 90 days.

Wilbur

You need to think about map size not to big to start as you will be there for months 5x5 km will do for a first map for us.

Now open up google earth and select the region you want get out the ruler mark a 5120 square around the map area you want zoom in so that the box fits your screen take out all roads buildings compass and stuff so you just have the google logo.

Save as sat_lco Dont write png make sure you save as a png file and you want quality at 4800x4800 in save options.

Make a note of height above sea level and top height of your terrain on this map it is a flat area so my terrain is 1 meter above sea level and max height is 10 meters but for mountains you need a real height theres many proggs out there for it but im not going there just google for more info we will need the height later for the terrain.pbl

Now this is the main photo we make 4 others from this 1 pic

1 we need a sat_lco.png

2 mask_lco.png

3 terrain.png

4 background image for visitor3

To make these we use photo shop ill do the order above

Open Sat_Lco.png pic in photo shop resize to 5120x5120 play about with the brightness and contrast till it looks right also get rid of the google badge use magic brush or what ever method you prefer in PS then save as Sat_Lco.png that's the 1'st 1 done

look at my example sat_lco pic 5120x5120 Sat_Lco.png

Now we need a mask for the textures to match our sat_lco photo so we make a mask of the

sat _lco

Now put the sat_lco image in PS make a new layer on the sat_lco on my map i will pick yellow for my desert area take down the RGB numbers top right of PS screen these are vital so get it right now colour the areas that are desert on the top layer when done move on to the grass areas pick a green take down RGB numbers mask over the green area we will do just 2 as a guide so now you should have this Mask_Lco.png

Take out the bottom sat_lco delete it from layer now you will have 1 layer like mine flattern image check image size for 5120x5120 then save as Mask_Lco.png file has to be saved in png format

Next up is the terrain.png load up your Sat_lco in PS go to image \mode click 16bit then click on greyscale now your image should of turned grey thats good now as there is a river it gets tricky firsly the river we need it white so magic brush or paint it do what ever to make the river white once you are happy with it go to the invert colour button and click now your river will go black great thats what we want should be like mine terrain7.png

Now Resize to 512x512 save image as terrain.png

Now load your copy of Wilbur and open it load in your terrain.png and just adjust what you need terrain wise and save it. it is a 16bit image already save as terrain.png

Again load up the Sat_lco image in PS Now save as terrain.bmp file this will be your guide for placing stuff in Visitor 3

This map is sangin so ill make a folder called hellskitchen this is my main work folder check make and name a map\work folder in your new p:\ drive call yours what ever you want dont copy mine.

Now make a folder called source and another called data put them in your work folder the 1 you just made also make a terrain folder put that in the source folder so now folders should be like this

P:\YOUR MAP NAME \source\terrain

\data

put the sat_lco and the mask_lco image in the source folder P:\YOUR MAP NAME\source\Sat_lco Mask_lco

Then put the terrain.png and terrain.bmp images in terrain folder inside the source folder of your map\working space folder

P:\YOUR MAP NAME\source\terrain\terrain.png

we still need some bits for folder set up we need

Config.cpp

Cfgclutter.hpp

Surface.hpp

These are below we will do these just before binpbo for binerize our map for testing

All files config and .hpp can be opened with note pad for altering later in my tut just copy paste from below when needed.

Map legend basic colour chart for game get 1 from here. http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Visitor_3:_Making_of_simple_landscape

A Terrin.pbl file for telling vis the heights from the greyscale image Use mine below

Also going to need a config.cpp for the map and a cfgclutter.hpp and surface.hpp file use mine below just open note pad copy paste then save as cfg clutter.hpp

cfg surface.hpp

config.cpp

terrain.pbl here's mine below

class cfg

{

PNGfilename="terrain.png";

squareSize=10;

originX=0;

originY=0;

minHeight=-1.3500004;

maxHeight=10.6462;

};

Copy the terrain .pbl above remember the sea level height and max ground height enter heights into the bottom field were minheight and max height are save file then place in the terrain folder in your work space

So in the terrain folder now you will have

terrain.png

terrain.bmp

terrain.pbl

Right now we need to know what textures to use

All textures will be in texture folder on desk top inside them there will be 1 rvmat and 4 others relating to that rvmat all named the same we need to change all names to that of your ofpec tag before we use them

look in the takistan\data folder on desk top

cr = cheranus

ut = utes

tk = takistan

Texture Description

----------------------------

cr_sterk Sand/dirt, rocks poking out of ground

cr_asfalt Packed gravel and dirt, roadside texture

cr_beton Large concrete paving blocks (runway, etc.)

cr_hlina Humid earth with small weeds and cracks

cr_les1 Ratty grass, with leaves and rocks poking out of ground

cr_les2 Forest floor with forest floor debris and rocks in background

cr_oranice Plowed earth with stones

cr_skala Large-scale rock face with moss

cr_strniste Trampled, bleached grass

cr_trava1 Fairly lush grass

cr_trava2 Lush grass

cr_travad1 Dying grass with stones and earth showing

cr_travad2 Long grass, slightly brown

cr_vres Large, angular rocks and stones poking out of ground, some brown grass in cracks

ut_hlina Packed dry earth with gravel and stones

ut_trava Large rocks, sticks and forest floor debris

ut_valouny Packed black rocks in dry earth/dirt

ut_vres Angular rocks jutting out of ground, green & brown grass in cracks

tk_asfalt Asphalt poured over gravel, with dirt

tk_beton Fragments of stone/cement pavement packed in dirt and stones

tk_dlazba_old Rock pavement packed in cement

tk_forest Large rocks and stones in dirt, some plants

tk_hlina Dirt with stones

tk_mountain Lots of stones and rocks in dirt, some plants

tk_plevel Green plants mixed with brown grass in brown earth

tk_pole Lush, patchy grass, intense green

tk_polopoust (Same as tk_mountain)

tk_skala Large-scale rock face, light brown rocks

tk_skalni_sterk Average rocks poking out of ground with lots of stones and dirt

tk_sterk_na_dno Flat dirt with lots of stones on top

tk_trava Very patchy browning grass in dirt

tk_valouny Few large rocks in dirt with lots of stones

To check the texture you can use the tex view to look at the type of texture just drag the paa of texture and drop in tex viewer once happy with texture note its name

we need 2 textures desert and grass so tk_hilna tk_pole are the textures ill use also note that we need all sky and cloud textures from the takistan data folder to be copied aswell

Now we need to copy the required texture from our desk top textures folder takistan\data

Put it in p\ (yourfolder name) data folder we now need to rename these textures for no conflicts with other maps and tags.

Ofpec tag get 1 here by registering http://www.ofpec.com/tags/index.php?action=register

My ofpec tag is smoke so my tag is smoke_ now rename all files you just copied to what ever your new ofpec tag is

So my texture name now shows smoke_hilna. for desert and smoke_pole for my grass now you have renamed your textures you see the top 1 is an rvmatt now you have to edit its path so it no longer looks to the game engine for texture but looks in your work\map folder

So double left click on the rvmat and it opens an editor scroll down till you see the 2 texture source paths we need to change them to that of our named associated textures in our work\map folder so it will look here for the textures named in the layers config that we do later.rvmateditor.jpg

Before texture path looks like this ca\takistan\data\tk_hlina_nopx.paa ca\takistan\data\tk_hlina_co.paa

After it will look like this now YOUR NAME MAP\dataYOUR OFPEC TAG_pole_nopx.paa

butwill be your ofpec tag YOUR NAME MAP\data\YOUR OFPEC TAG_pole_co.paa

Smoke is my ofpec tag

Now bulldozer and visitor will load the textures from your map data folder but not yet more todo first

Now copy the layers config.cpp from below and edit all the smoke_tags to that of your own tag and textures like this

class Layers

{

class YOUR OFPEC TAG_pole

{

texture = "YOUR MAP NAME\data\YOUR OFPEC TAG_pole_mco.png";

material="YOUR MAP NAME\data\YOUR OFPEC TAG_pole.rvmat";

};

class smoke_hlina

{

texture = "YOUR MAP NAME\data\YOUR OFPEC TAG_hlina_mco.png";

material="YOUR MAP NAME\data\YOUR OFPEC TAG_hlina.rvmat";

};

};

class Legend

{

picture="YOUR MAP NAME\Source\mapLegend.png";

class Colors

{

YOUR OFPEC TAG_pole[]={{12,118,0}};

YOUR OFPEC TAG_hlina[]={{235,208,0}};

}

};

Notice at the bottom an RGB scale this is where the RGB numbers from PS come into play mine are already in this sample. You need to write in the numbers you took earlier not mine

example

pole was grass which was our green colour on our mask 12.118.0

hilna was desert which was our yellow colour on our mask 235.208.0

These colour numbers match our mask so have to be right for the texture to mask on our map doesnt matter what colour you use just take down the numbers for each texture your going to use.

Max is 4 textures you can have more but thats another topic involving breaking down the mask into squares then using for colours in that square so can have many squares on mask but only 4 colours in 512 tile area at a time and also have overlap conflicts well leave that here and carry on .

Thats the layers config out the way next step is to actualy load all bits we have made in to visitor

Lets do a folder check so your drive will look like this

P:\YOUR MAP NAME\data\ all sky textures and renamed rvmat and texture files

\Source\ layers.cfg Sat_lco image Mask_Lco image map legend

\Source\ terrain\terrain.pbl terrain.png image terrain.bmp image

If yours are set like that your good to go

Start with your new Visitor 3 project

1: Open Project -> New (or press Ctrl+N).

2: In the next Project parameters window select the values for:

Terrain grid size 512x512

Terrain cell size 10

3: Go to Tools -> Project parameters.

4: Open the Calculator.

5: Set Image Size (Pixels): 5120.

6. Hit apply and close only the calculator.

7: Open Tools -> ProjectPreferences.

8: Enter the path to your data folder (textures), like: P:\Yourmap\Data\.

9: Click ok and close.

10: In the Project parameters window click on Base (active) and press the Edit button.

11: Choose 40x40m texture size.

12: Apply and close the Project parameters window.

Import the terrain data

1: Go to Open -> Import Terrain from Picture.

2: Browse to P:\YOUR MAP NAME\Source\terrain\terrain.pbl.

Mine is P:\hellskitchen\Source\terrain\terrain.pbl

Be sure you set the view to elevation color style (hit the 5th button from the left) to see the contours.

Save after each step

Goto Poject -> SaveAs and save your map as YOUR MAP NAME.pew.

Try to keep all names the same for 1 map

I.e hellskitchen is my map folder also my hellskitchen.pew is my save name

Add .pew to your filename. Otherwise Visitor 3 will not recognize the file in the future.

Import Satellite & Mask

1: Go to Tools -> Import Satellite + Mask.. and browse to P:\YOUR MAP NAME\Source \layer.cfg.

2: Select binerise mode for saving the rvmats in the next window.

3: Visitor asks now for the SAT file, so browse to P:\YOUR MAP NAME\Source\sat_lco.png.

4: Same with the Mask - point it to P:\YOUR MAP NAME\Source\mask_lco.png.

5: The import process begins right after you hit OK.

6: That may take some minutes and Visitor might not respond until process has finally completed.

7: Point the mouse somewhere in the middle of the map and hit the center mousebutton (wheel).

8: A white square appears right at this position (point of view).

7: Start Buldozer via Project -> Connect to Buldozer (or hit the ! icon in the top bar).

8: Buldozer will now automatically convert the textures from png to paa (shown in the command line window).

9: After the conversion process has finished you should be able to see the landscape in buldozer.

If your map is all pointy and unuseable close bulldozer open terrain menu make a box over the whole map and press on erosion button reopen bulldozer and check to see it erode down to some thing useable some times it takes 3 goes for it to be right on this map i only done the erosion 1 time

10: The textures will appear so more you zoom onto the surface.

11: Switch back to Visitor by hit Alt+Tab (don't close buldozer).

12: Go to Project -> Export World.

13: Save your world as P:\YOUR MAP NAME\YOUR MAP NAME.wrp. mine is P:\hellskitchen\hellskitchen.wrp

Now we need to alter our main config use mine just copy and paste to note pad and alter to YOUR NAMED MAP folder asso you can take out sangin in the descript part call it your world name same for author and email

{

class YOUR MAP NAME

{

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.03;

requiredAddons[] = {"Utes"};

version = "2009-9-1";

fileName = "YOUR MAP NAME.pbo";

author = "SmokeDog[3PARA-GU]";

mail = "lil.smoke.d@gmail.com";

};

};

class CfgWorlds

{

class CAWorld;

class Utes: CAWorld

{

class Grid;

class DefaultClutter;

};

class hellskitchen: Utes

{

description = "Sangin Afghanistan 5x5 km";

worldName= "\YOUR MAP NAME\YOUR MAP NAME.wrp";

pictureShot = "";

centerPosition[] = {2720,2462,500};

seagullPos[] = {2720,2462,500};

longitude = 30; // positive is east, in degrees?

latitude = -45; // positive is south, in degrees?

class Clutter

{

#include "cfgClutter.hpp"

};

class Names

{

#include "YOUR MAP NAME.hpp"

};

};

};

class CfgWorldList

{

class YOUR MAP NAME{};

};

class CfgMissions

{

class Cutscenes

{

class hellskitchenIntro

{

directory = "YOUR MAP NAME\data\scenes\Intro.YOUR MAP NAME";

};

};

};

//SURFACES

#include "cfgSurfaces.hpp"

Now its time for clutter.hpp

Use mine just alter yours as needed the clutter is arma2 clutter so you will have to look in your ca\plants_e folder for the oa Clutter models change to the new p3ds of your choice and enter them in where the plants 2 bits are below also use the ofpec tag you have not the map name folder here in naming

class YOUR ofpec tag NAME_AutumnFlowers: DefaultClutter

{

model=ca\plants2\clutter\c_autumn_flowers.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0.4;

swLighting = true;

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1.0;

};

classYOUR ofpec tag NAME _GrassCrooked: DefaultClutter

{

model=ca\plants2\clutter\c_GrassCrooked.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0.3;

swLighting = true;

scaleMin = 0.7;

scaleMax = 1.4;

};

class YOUR ofpec tag NAME_GrassCrookedGreen: DefaultClutter

{

model=ca\plants2\clutter\c_GrassCrookedGreen.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0.3;

swLighting = true;

scaleMin = 0.9;

scaleMax = 1.3;

};

class YOUR ofpec tag NAME_WeedDead: DefaultClutter

{

model=ca\plants2\clutter\c_WeedDead.p3d;

affectedByWind = 0.3;

swLighting = true;

scaleMin = 0.75;

scaleMax = 1.1;

};

last of all we need our surface.hpp use mine just alter to your map name

class CfgSurfaces

{

class Default {};

class YOUR ofpec tag NAMEgrassSurface : Default

{

files = "YOUR ofpec tag NAME_pole_";

rough = 0.1;

dust = 0.1;

soundEnviron = "grass";

character = "smoke_grassClutter";

};

};

class CfgSurfaceCharacters

{

class YOUR ofpec tag NAME_grassClutter

{

probability[]={0.79,0.1,0.1,0.01};

names[]={_YOUR ofpec tag NAMEGrassCrookedGreen,YOUR ofpec tag NAME_GrassCrooked,YOUR ofpec tag NAME_AutumnFlowers,YOUR ofpec tag NAME_WeedDead};

};

};

Now we have a working config.cpp a working cfg clutter.hpp and a working surface.hpp

Lets do another folder check

P:\YOUR MAP NAME\config.cpp cfgClutter.hpp cfgSurfaces.hpp $pboprefix$ YOUR MAP NAME notepad file and YOUR MAP NAME.wrp

inside \data\ all sky textures and renamed rvmat and texture files

inside \Source\ layers.cfg Sat_lco image Mask_Lco image map legend

inside \Source\ terrain\terrain.pbl terrain.png image terrain.bmp image

if there all right then lets binerize

Next step is binarizing your world

1: Start BinPbo O:\BIS TOOLS 2\BinPBO Personal Edition\BinPBO.exe.

2: Choose the P:\YOUR MAP NAME in the addon/source directory field.

3: Now go to your ArmA2 Main folder and create a new folder called @YOUR MAP NAME. Open this one and create another one which is called Addons (F:\Games\ArmA 2\@YOUR MAP NAME\Addons).

4: Back in BinPbo we set F:\Games\ArmA 2\YOUR MAP NAME\Addons as destination directory.

5: Open the BinPbo options and remove *.wrp out of the list of files to copy directly

6: In the path of temporary folder we set P:\BIN_TEMP

7: Now remove the hook from use source path and enter p:\YOUR MAP NAME

8: We are ready to binarize our Island. Close the options tab and click on Pack. That may take a while, wait until Ready appears at the bottom of BinPBO.

9: After BinPbo has finished you should see in your F:\Games\ArmA 2\@YOUR MAP NAME\Addons\ folder the tut_samplemap.pbo and the logfile.

10: Add the @YOUR MAP NAME Mod folder to your ArmA2.exe shortcut ("F:\Games\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@YOUR MAP NAME -window -nosplash) or use one of the meanwhile available ArmA2OA launchers.

Check out your map Ingame :-)

Then just add buildings roads and vegataion and your there check out the roadpainter tool and world tools for an easier way to populate your map use mask's like we have made for population.

If you need to redo heights that's were L3DT or wilbur come in Export terrain to them then alter what you need then pop them back in visitor reload textures and see the difference.

This is for larger earth movement as visitor is only good for smoothing roads and small riversnot altering mountains .

going this way will get your map in game and work with OA Baf and Pmc Content just need to sort ladders and doors will add to this when ive cracked thanks all hope it helps you out

Thanks to Sgt Ace guide half helped me and also pasted a bit of his tut to save time hope he dont mind and also allies guide so simple to do.

Thanks to the guy that made this link couldn't find a name but check out his site for a more detailed way to alter and change stuff after we have made a map http://sites.google.com/site/islandconfigs/home

1 more thank you to Bushlurker who helped me get my map working it took 4 weeks to work out the set up and config and bin process as arma2p copys things you don't need that mess binpbo up as you can read in my posts

Also wanted to add more pics but limit was 5 images so sorry all wanted to have as easy guide as i could

PM me if any thing is missing or wrong but it worked this way for me

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Nice guide! I haven't had a chance to go through it step by step to see if there are any problems but it certainly looks like you did your homework!

Thanks for sharing!

thanks we needed some thing the old guides were to miss leading or not quiet enough info

like i said to deal with the OA stuff aswell some guides still used arma 1 p3ds if you don't have it the guide wouldn't work

Now i hope i can get a mod to let me ad the other images for photo shop and a few other bits i wanted to show as a visual check through the guide

Thanks for the positive comments hope it helps all new map makers and old 1s if they have not got the OA yet

Thank's zero G means a lot man only been map making 6 weeks but done my head in on the set up side with the errors so if it helps any1 the save trouble i had all the better more maps an more mapmakers.

In what way do you mean i tried to make it as simple as i can let me know please and ill try and change it for you to understand it.

I appreciate the effort, buddy.

You could look at punctuation and structure. Some of your sentences are very long indeed and very hard to read. Perhaps you could do some of it in bullet form:

• The quick brown fox
  • Jumped over the lazy dog

Perhaps I'm just too tired

Thanks.

Roger I have not ever used the forum to write some thing this big I mean I would use office for a document like this to be honest.

It was hard as you only have a small box to write the thing in and can only see it after I have posted it to alter it. Ill try to sort it to make it more readable.

Also posted a slightly updated 1 on Armaholic forum and it looks a lot better to read as the forum post thing was easier to use to look right if you get me also lets me put some more images on.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

How about moving this great guide into the BIKI - this way formatting would be easier and

various people could take part in the effort.

Hi smoke

Your terrain.png is not correct. Terrain.png into pbl file is the heightmap.

You can't use a greyscaled satellite picture as terrain heightmap...

if you set a more wider height range on your map you will see it clearly :)

Hi mate the way I've done it seems to work on this map but if like you say up to a certain height it wont show.

I think my original height was min1 max 40 and the river was higher than the land as i didn't know about the invert river black in paint shop at the time so up to a certain point the height showed ill find out the limit.

If above this limit it doesn't show this is were wilbur or L3dt comes in put terrain.png in wilbur and play about change what you need then save image its all ready a 16bit image.

Then put the heights min max in terrain pbl. and reload to bulldozer and Vis

When i made my map work i had used alllies guide which only dealt with Wilbur for the height on your terrain.png for import to vis3 just forgot to say that in the guide

Ps it was in the guide about heightmap and getting all info from google i said i wasn't going there in the guide so i did cover that point

I will add that essential bit but thank's for reminding me new i would for get some thing.

Now been updated at the terrain.png part added wilbur import and save for terrain.png cant belive i forgot that part lol

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Hello, can be more specific in how to spend the P3D from 49 to 48? appreciate it.

Do you mean how it converts the models.

All Models need to be in a 48 version

ARMA2 is 48

OA\BAf is 49

PMC is 50

The Arma2P tool with the other files grabs your hole arma2 OA BAF PMC content and batch converts to model 48 for visitor and bulldozer to see them and binpbo to convert them. hope that helps

Good to note that a new version of Arma2P is out (03/12/2011) and the readme says:

"Arma2P from mikero

version 1.09

reversed order of extraction so that A2 (if present) is extracted last. this, because, OA has stubconfigs which over-write the full configs of A2

version 1.08

corrected error in making a p3d list of type 49 p3d's as final output

version 1.07

extractpbo and convertp3d.exe are required (along with the dll of course)"

Might be useful to re-run with this newest version!

Cheers for that I knew some thing was wrong 4 weeks ago i put a thread on dev heaven but he said all was fine so installing again now and I will give it a go cheers again

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Still seems to see the 49 and 50 models on binerizing but if i un tick the clear temp folder it works with no errors.

If i do have it ticked it wont see the weather in configg or model configs and get the bad model

Cheers for that I knew some thing was wrong 4 weeks ago i put a thread on dev heaven but he said all was fine so installing again now and I will give it a go cheers again

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Still seems to see the 49 and 50 models on binerizing but if i un tick the clear temp folder it works with no errors.

If i do have it ticked it wont see the weather in configg or model configs and get the bad model

THAT is strange. I ran the new tools myself this morning and will give binPBO a whirl myself, both checked (the way I usually do it) and unchecked and will report back here.

------

On a tangent do you not copy the configs from P:\CA to P:\<your tag>\ca like in the other tutorial?

Edited by Oktyabr

hi mate ive tried both ways tut and just work folder still get the same error for some reason

It is all about my temp folder and being ticked to weather the models will got through it ok or not also if weather and world go ok.

I can use the basic sgt ace config but it will error about the weather still always the same errors even with 100% working config will kick out the errors of weather not an array and sorts.

My set up is good checked and rechecked all paths tried both methods for making map and both do it I've done umptine installs of arma2 vista and bi tools.

It's also VERY IMPORTANT TO NOTE that following this tutorial is a good idea IF you are making a map strictly for OA! NOT if you are trying to make one for A2 or CO because following the arma2p step will overwrite the Roads and Roads2 folders that are installed with the BIS tools and thus completely *destroy* the MLODs needed for these road sections to work.

OA can't use these roads (un-altered) anyway so it's not quite that crucial... but if you plan to use Roadpainter and default road sections you want those two folders, and their contents, left *alone* and not overwritten!

Once overwritten the only way to restore the MLODs AFAIK is to reinstall the tool(s) and start over from scratch.

yes matey your right ill alter the guide as i had to install bitools again to unpack roads and roads 2 as i found that out after doing my roads 4 times to not load in vis or game but if you take a copy of roads first then put them in ca folder afterwards that's fine as my roads are in game now and work.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Right been updated for roads

Also chatted with Mikero about this problem and it sounds like he's working on a version of his tools (arma2p in particular) that will leave the roads and roads2 folders alone ;)

Hi mate did mikero say what's going on with the arma2p tool not showing configs for ladders and doors and buildings and the bad p3d after convert in binpbo this is the root of all errors for me

Seems it wont copy some files for the doors ladders or over copy's a file so it is not there in game