Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

Fr3quenciEs Audio Productions WIP thread

Ohhhh... sry mate^^ was misunderstanding you! Yah, this system is so much better than a compact way! Corze for the user its easier to delete unlike stuff or mix it up with other modular mods. For the modder its easier to fix single pbo's fast and pack them again. So we are able to make SMALL patches or stuff like that, so we don't have to re-upload a whole mod or an big pbo. Much easier for everyone.

I hope someday the people will wake up a bit and be more user-friendly at all. Not saying they're not, but there is this opportunity and we just have to say: "Thank you!" and grab it!

Jarhead

Lol, Fr3quenciEs. Would had looked better if it was Frequencies.

by making stereo sounds ? So if you moving into a forest you hear the sounds AROUND you, not here and there.

Jarhead

Sounds awesome LJH, best of luck on this! And don't forget to back up your hard drive.

Exactly! But I guess PZ will not cover vehicles! First of all we start with environment and handheld weapons.. .. ..

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Sounds awesome LJH, best of luck on this! And don't forget to back up your hard drive.

Ha ha, sure mate! I'll be prepared this time :)

oh ok

why that?

( reason i figure out would be that 1.3 had its focus on vehicle and with frequencies you cover the other aspects)

but since you just said " we start wit the others" it really doesnt mean they wont be there

maybe you can then look whats possible for rather unusual sounds like a sound for zooming in with a rifle and other interesting stuff like that ( i saw a soundmod up on youtube that featured this)

i love those little details and think they are very important

Edited by PurePassion

oh ok

why that?

( reason i figure out would be that 1.3 had its focus on vehicle and with frequencies you cover the other aspects)

but since you just said " we start wit the others" it really doesnt mean they wont be there

maybe you can then look whats possible for rather unusual sounds like a sound for zooming in with a rifle and other interesting stuff like that ( i saw a soundmod up on youtube that featured this)

i love those little details and think they are very important

Yes mate, same here! It is important to feed the player with new things the whole time he is playing. It is also important to make sounds tasty! Between the gunfire and explosions and such stuff! These little things, like the move, the fall of the shells, animal sounds, nearby sounds of the environment and so on, are very important! Leaning around a corner, zooming, switching mag and so on.

Well, I thought about a noise while reloading, where you can hear the Mag falling on the ground.... maybe interessing.

Jarhead

Yes mate, same here! It is important to feed the player with new things the whole time he is playing. It is also important to make sounds tasty! Between the gunfire and explosions and such stuff! These little things, like the move, the fall of the shells, animal sounds, nearby sounds of the environment and so on, are very important! Leaning around a corner, zooming, switching mag and so on.

Well, I thought about a noise while reloading, where you can hear the Mag falling on the ground.... maybe interessing.

Jarhead

It is also important that ALL of these sounds are syncronised between players... otherwise it's just lame as some people will be looking left, some looking right at random shit going on. I did try create this with NIAC but wasn't very well recieved here.. seems not many people care about mission environment, I personally think it makes or breaks a game.

New NIAC will be out soon, maybe you can check it out and see if you like it.

Jarhead

Bear in mind that in ArmA you put half-empty mags back in your pocket or whatever.

hmmm i think this is difficult because you see no magazin dropping

the idea is very good but sadly the game is holding us back there....

i have some more little ideas in my head if you want i could share them with you

by making stereo sounds ? So if you moving into a forest you hear the sounds AROUND you, not here and there.

Jarhead

From my experience, stereo sounds are not supported - only mono. Do you mean ambient 3D sounds?

From my experience, stereo sounds are not supported

same here..mono ogg files

Not so sure about that. In Arma2 you don't drop your magazines, you put the empty ones in a dump pouch (at least the USMC have them modelled onto them).

Magazines cost money too :p

hmmm i think this is difficult because you see no magazin dropping

the idea is very good but sadly the game is holding us back there....

i have some more little ideas in my head if you want i could share them with you

Sure, let me hear what you have in mind ;) Alway looking forward to new stuff!

From my experience, stereo sounds are not supported - only mono. Do you mean ambient 3D sounds?
same here..mono ogg files

Well, than you're not well informed. All the environment sounds of J.S.R.S. are already in Stereo mates. They are working fine without any trouble! Stereo WSS! Forest.wss for example is an 44100 Hz, 16Bit Stereo soundfile!

Not so sure about that. In Arma2 you don't drop your magazines, you put the empty ones in a dump pouch (at least the USMC have them modelled onto them).

Magazines cost money too :p

Ok ok, got it! Bad idea with dropping mags :) Maybe a sounds while putting them back into the holster or so...

Jarhead

Well, than you're not well informed. All the environment sounds of J.S.R.S. are already in Stereo mates. They are working fine without any trouble! Stereo WSS! Forest.wss for example is an 44100 Hz, 16Bit Stereo soundfile!

Well you're the pro here :D keep it up jarhead!

Ok ok, got it! Bad idea with dropping mags :) Maybe a sounds while putting them back into the holster or so...

Jarhead

That's a good idea.

I've also heard of a mod where you a clank sounds when going prone with a heavy machinegun or sniper.

Does stereo work with all classes or just environmental? I'm curious how you did it because everything I tried in stereo ended up silent.

Well, I use it only for environment and things, which are around you like insidesounds for vehicles. The soundsource have to be static. Weapons and soldiers moving around. When a soldier is shooting somewhere on the map, you would hear the sound like you are shooting. Same for explosions and things like animals, random sounds of the environment, bullethits.. .. ..

Soniccracks in stereo are an nice expirience, corze you are able to make it FEEL fucking close in stereo!

Jarhead

Hey Jarhead,

i wanna underline what you´ve said about the "little noises"!

In my opinion these sounds, like sounds of a falling shell, a squaeking tank or lorry, the metallic sound inside a vehicle - as an example ur VodnikSound - the noise of a gearbox, a clutch and so on.... u know what i mean! ;), are so fundamental to create a "EmbeddedSound" feeling.

I admire your ideas and i hope you can transfer it into your work! :)

Thx a lot!

Best regards

McLupo

Edited by McLupo

Recent developments:

I would like to proudly report that our small team will grow: Konrad1 has entered into the team as a new audio developer and PurePassion as our first Trainee. (like you can see on frontpage)

We're pleased to welcome you to our team!

Jarhead