Sign in to follow this  
dblkion

Gfx bug

Hi,

I have this for about a year, I stopped playing because I got bored of it ... Now I wanted to see if new patches fixed this crap but it seems no ...

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9505/bugarmaboring.jpg

Anyone have any idea wtf is this and how to fix it ?

Edited by Franze
Nuclear mutation on image causes incredible proportion!

You havent't specified what HW or settings you're using so it'll be hard for aynone to comment.

Given the size of that picture it seem like your running game resoluton 3840x1080 (that would equate to 2x 1920x1080 monitors) I don't know why you'd want to run that way with screen split in the middle ? Maybe you should try running resolution set for full screen on one monitor?

Set video memory to "high" instead of "default", that should fix it.

You havent't specified what HW or settings you're using so it'll be hard for aynone to comment.

Given the size of that picture it seem like your running game resoluton 3840x1080 (that would equate to 2x 1920x1080 monitors) I don't know why you'd want to run that way with screen split in the middle ? Maybe you should try running resolution set for full screen on one monitor?

No, this screen is a single 1920x1080 monitor, I have 2 but I cut the other one off the screen as its useless.

Set video memory to "high" instead of "default", that should fix it.

I'll try this !

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Well, thats what I get :

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2462/armabug2.jpg

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

My gfx card drivers are ok,

My comp is

E7400 @ 3ghz

4go DDR2

HD4850

Edited by Franze
Godzilla had nothing on that image size

Which catalyst driver version do you use?

11.1a works best for me but I read that 10.2 or 10.4 should be best for older cards like yours.

Just give it a try.

I use the last ati drivers, this game is just shit and I simply won't buy any other unfinished crap that shouldn't even be in beta state from BI ever again, thx bye.

Edited by dblkion

I use the last ati drivers, this game is just shit and I simply won't buy any other bullshit from BI ever again, thats pretty much it
I Think the problem is more on your side since the ArmA series is the most stable and solid game I ever know. 11.1 drivr is o.k. for 4xxx series.

10.2 is legacy driver for GPU older as 3xxx

I have no clue what your problem is since you dont give us much informations like user.cfg or grahics.cfg

Well your screenshots are still double the horizontal size than they should be, while the vertical size is correct.

That would give you some hint to look into on your side.

Claiming that a game is crap seems a bit odd in this case.

Well your screenshots are still double the horizontal size than they should be, while the vertical size is correct.

Since you're from sweden you should have experience with trolls ;) Edited by Beagle

I guess the nifty little HD4850 (512MB?] simply runs out of onboard graphic memory due to the extreme resolution and scene it has to process.

What's the viewdistance?

Everything over 4000m should be a "NoGo" on that system.

If the screen size is twice as It should be its because I cut the 2nd screen off the screenshot with paint.net, wich let it blank were it should be deleted, transparent.

And for that bug Its from BI cause on the few weeks after the release I never had such troubles, its from a patch they made that screwed up things.

View distance on that map was 1500, I set it up to 2000.

I remember setting it up to 4000 with no trouble a while back.

Edited by dblkion

no one can help you given the screenshot proof you have shown.

take a regular resolution screenshot that abides by the forum size limits to show us your 'bug', please. ;)

paste your dxdiag report down to DISK and DVD/CD-ROM DRIVES here, to end questioning like whats this? and whats that?

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1855327']no one can help you given the screenshot proof you have shown.

take a regular resolution screenshot that abides by the forum size limits to show us your 'bug'' date=' please. ;)

[/quote']

In what world my screenshot doesnt describe the bug ? Do you have eyes ?

Can someone who actually knows what the hell they are talking about post in here ?

Well, there's just no magic bullet to solve these kind of bugs.

First try to run at a normal resolution (1920x1080 or something). Then manually put the video memory setting to medium, see if that fixes it.

If that doesnt work remove the driver with driver sweeper and install a semi-recent driver.

If that doesn't work it might be a hardware problem, you can use ati overdrive to clock back your gpu and gpu memory frequency. If that fixes it it's time for a gpu replacement.

People, he is using 1920x1080, if you actually looked at the picture instead of rightclick->properties you would have noticed that the 2nd half of the picture is made completely white, the game is not rendered on that part of the screen.

Though it would have been more logical to just delete that part of the picture he made it white.

If the screen size is twice as It should be its because I cut the 2nd screen off the screenshot with paint.net, wich let is blank were it should be deleted.

Why can't people read ?

Such a situation doesn't really absolve you. If you couldn't shrink it why didn't you just put it as a URL to begin with? ;)

Why can't people read ?

no one is going to help if you continue with this entitlement attitude.

I can tell you right now, if you cant or wont take a normal resolution screenshot to display your problem, the problem is YOU!

Such a situation doesn't really absolve you. If you couldn't shrink it why didn't you just put it as a URL to begin with? ;)

Well thanks sir for fixing links then, All this whine for no reason is beyond my understanding.

Yet I still don't know where the problem is from, I will switch to a better GPU soon anyway, but thats still very annoying.

This just after I left game :

arma2.gif

With this in game :

arma2bug.jpg

Also I don't understand, I'm I supposed to wait until some Support guy decide to answer this is or is there another way to contact support ?

Edited by dblkion

I think your best source of support will come freely from the community.

picture dimensions are 1,024px × 573px?

I assume you just cropped your HUUUGE image down.

lol

as already stated:

if you take a screenshot and it gives you a 3000x1000 image, that is your first hint that something in your computer config or ati Catalyst control center is wrong.

Look for a single display setting. I strongly suspect your issue is dual monitor related, disable it!

I am unfamiliar with ATI gfx and the CCC, perhaps someone else can speak of this and recommend a solution.

look here perhaps http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2004/09/02/ati/catalyst-dispadv.png

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1856489']I think your best source of support will come freely from the community.

picture dimensions are 1' date='024px × 573px?

I assume you just cropped your HUUUGE image down.

lol

as already stated:

if you take a screenshot and it gives you a 3000x1000 image, that is your first hint that something in your computer config or ati Catalyst control center is wrong.

Look for a single display setting. I strongly suspect your issue is dual monitor related, disable it!

I am unfamiliar with ATI gfx and the CCC, perhaps someone else can speak of this and recommend a solution.

look here perhaps [url']http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2004/09/02/ati/catalyst-dispadv.png[/url]

Dude, if you have 2 screens and take a screenshot your screenshot will include both monitors, ingame or not. If you then just make the second screen all white you get what he posted on the first page. There is nothing wrong with his resolution, stop whining about it.

EDIT: Anyway, from looking at GPU-z i get the feeling your GPU is overclocked, my 4870 runs by default at only 750/900, with 500/900 in idle, your 4850 seems to be way above that.

Edited by NeMeSiS