Sign in to follow this  
dblkion

Gfx bug

-Ziggy-;1856489']

if you take a screenshot and it gives you a 3000x1000 image' date=' that is your first hint that something in your computer config or ati Catalyst control center is wrong.

Look for a single display setting. I strongly suspect your issue is dual monitor related, disable it!

I am unfamiliar with ATI gfx and the CCC, perhaps someone else can speak of this and recommend a solution.

look here perhaps [url']http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2004/09/02/ati/catalyst-dispadv.png[/url]

Man, I tryed to explain multiple times, I don't have a perfect english but still.

Here is a screenshot of what my screens looks like just now. Sometimes a good drawing better then words heh.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/justnow.jpg/

I have 2 physical screens. When I take a screenshot, both screens are on it, in our case I deleted the 2nd screen off my screenshots cause its useless for u to know what i'm doing there xD

please post your rpt:

I have found a single of these wich contains 33 000 lines, is that it ?

@ NeMeSiS : I never overcloacked my GPU :x

Edited by dblkion

I just checked MY CCC setting and since I have a faster 4870 and it does not show such crazy VRAM clocks i would suggest to clock the VRAM back to 850Mhz as factory default was. Overcloking around 120Mhz is not healthy and maybe you already destroyed parts of the VRAM of your GFX card. My 4870 GFX card already went crazy showing such anomalies when overclocking the VRAM "only" for 50MHz you overclocked yours around 160MHz...

I assume you killed it.

We can't help you anymore.

Edited by Beagle

I assume you killed it.

Right... :rolleyes:

I decided to google it and found that 4850's with these specs do excist, depending on the brand. Also his temperatures are way lower compared to my 4870 which needs serious dusting. (Currently 79C, fan @50% while watching NGC, so basically idle :p )

Yes i still do not have these problems. What happens if you press shift+numpad minus and typte 'flush' without the '' when this occurs?

(No screen or anything should pop up when pressing shift+numpad minus, after typing flush a thingy in the corner should say 'Activating Flush' as confirmation)

Well I need thre VaporX cololer to have that low temperature but still my default VRAM clocks at 900, also keep in mind that VRAM has no temperature sensor...it only measures the temperature at the GPU.

But unless he tells us what brand he has we can only guess...and my second guess is that ArmA II does no like the custom two monitor setup.

I get this artifacts not with high temperature bit with too high VRAM clocks. But in general I do not overclock for a longer lifetime of my components.

But unless he tells us what brand he has we can only guess...and my second guess is that ArmA II does no like the custom two monitor setup.

Like i have? :rolleyes:

Edited by NeMeSiS

Have you tried clocking your GPU memory to 850 mhz like some people already suggested?

Those artifacts definitely hint to a memory problem, even if it doesn´t occur in other games.

ArmA2 is very hardware demanding so it may well be you get the artifacts only if your system is running at its limits.

For some reason I don't understand the ATI overdrive stuff in the catalyst control center don't allow you to undercloack ur GPU so I tryed to use programs to lower the gpu memory frequency like u said but none of them seemed to work ... I searched on the bios and Couldn't find anything related to the GPU to..

Jesus how boring this is...

Each time I tryed to change settings I had both screens going power saving mode and not showing anything anymore, had to reboot by hand pc ...

I tryed multiple programs and each one did that .. something is wrong here.