Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

Starwars

And i wil see it friday, as i have to work on thursday sad.gif

I saw the scorpion king last friday, and it had a starwars trailer before it. NICE. smile.gif

I plan on seeing it a while after it has been released. I never understood the hysteria about seeing a movie on opening night. My experience is only that there are lots and lots of annoying people that will ruin the experience. Better to wait until its all settled down. If you are lucky you might even catch it when there are few people except you and those you go with in the theatre.

You should visit your doctor on friday, Gorgi "Pan" Knootewoot !  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never understood the hysteria about seeing a movie on opening night<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither. In Finland, there was a queue line a week before they started to sell tickets.

same here in denmark.

what I hate most about premieres, is all the nerds clapping and hooing everytime a special character apears. bloody nerds.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ May 13 2002,12:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">same here in denmark.

what I hate most about premieres, is all the nerds clapping and hooing everytime a special character apears. bloody nerds.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

But I agree. I always go see movies that atrract and audience like that when the first wave of hysteria has settled down so I can watch the movie without people discussing the hidden message in Jabba the Hutt's name next to me.

Of course, there's always hardcore fans who see the movie 10 times..... confused.gif

I hope it is better than Phantom Menace, I was so disappointed by that movie.

More battle scenes and character development, and less Jar Jar f**king Binks and asshole-little-brat-Anakin "Whoops! Yippee! Whoops! Yippee! Whoops! Yippee! " is what it needs.

I must agree that the Phantom Menace was a bit of a disappointment. I saw it four times in the cinema, and I bought it on DVD. Jar Jar sucks, and I hope he dies in the next episode. Mesa been shot, mesa going to bombad hell. But I expect Episode II will be much better, but I also think the new episode won’t be as dark and mysterious as episode IV-VI. These starwars epi’s rock and even they have very nice special effects for the time being. 

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ May 13 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope it is better than Phantom Menace, I was so disappointed by that movie.

More battle scenes and character development, and less Jar Jar f**king Binks and asshole-little-brat-Anakin "Whoops! Yippee! Whoops! Yippee! Whoops! Yippee! " is what it needs.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem was that Lucas entirely missed the point with Phantom Menace. What was cool about the old movies was not the fighting sequences, but the talk during them.

I can remember a shitload of quotes from the older movies, but I cannot really remember a single one from Pahtom Menace.

Oh well, we'll see when it comes out.. which reminds me that I probably should book some tickets, if I want to see it in the near future (God bless the Internet smile.gif )

Yep, a typo in the last replie. The number at the end is a smiley in word. And I go to starwars at Friday, not the premiere but I expect it will be crowded. If any nerd says woohoo when something happenes, or when a character comes on screen, I punch him in the face. The first time I went to starwars, I had to kick someones butt when he used a laser pointer all the time.

Man, was I pissed. I kicked his ass, and other people cheered at me. Yep, one nerd down.

AFAIS, Phantom Menace was just a setting for things to come..you really can't expect Phantom to be all things at once. it just sets atmosphere for all th rest

I'm going to wait until August to see Star Wars.

Hey Ralph, did you see watch last night's Simpsons episode? Man that part with Ralph standing after Lisa drove off in the car and he says "Why do people always run away from me?" and then he "wets this pants". Man, that was classic, one of the funniest Ralph Wiggam scene, even funnier than "I bent my wookie."

-=Die Alive=-

Uh oh.

Geek Alert.

I am going to the 12wow.gif1 am showing early Thursday morning.  Unlike a lot of Star Wars zealots I didnt find Phantom Menace that bad.  Yeah..Jar Jar and Anakin were annoying...but it was more about setting up the pre clone war universe than telling an earth shatteringly good story.  I do expect good things of this film though.  I'll post a review when I get home smile.gif

edit: LOL. I was gonna change the way I wrote the time to avoid the smiey...but considering the time, perhaps it is fitting smile.gif

Im going to see it when.

It comes out on TV smile.gif

You know, I did miss to catch this movie in the theaters. Oh well, whatever. I just didn't feel like it at the time.

-=Die Alive=-

Don't dig up old threads.

Closing smile.gif