Sign in to follow this  
Hans Ludwig

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

Well, the second patch was released today (Source:1C Forums)

Thank you everyone for your test reports.

We are looking to see into what's happening with HD 68xx-69xx users. We did put some last-minute changes into the release patch compared to the beta patch, and apparently something there did not click with that particular line of video cards. However some people with 6xxxs do report improved or acceptable performance, so this may be tied to some specific settings.

Quick thing to try is to delete the contents of your

(Documents)\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\shaders

and see if that helps it.

If you have a HD 68xx or better Radeon card, you more than meet the recommended reqs and should not need to turn down any settings besides perhaps Forest and Buildings Amount.

We'll be looking into this aggressively and by Monday should have either a hotfix or a rollback for the affected users. My apologies to everyone affected.

(Source:1C Forums - luthier - 1C Dev)

Apparently they're having issues with the HD68xx series of GPUs causing performance issues. And a hotfix is planned (Source:)

Looking around, I may stick with '46 for now, let them patch up the game to a playable standard before I get it. And get myself a new PC, one that, might actually be able to run it.

I'm still using Kegetys' 6dof TrackIR mod for '46. Makes the experience so much more up to date. It will really take something special to make me move to the new release. Honestly, from screenshots and videos I have to think that the CoD team have upped the polygon and detail counts massively, but the result has been quite a small improvement in the general visual feel of the game. The cockpits look great, but the English countryside just looks really 'off'.

When you look at Wings of Prey and how well optimised it is, it really makes you start to think. I've stopped buying games that don't use multi-threaded CPU cores and multi-gpus out of the box (of course, excepting those where Nvidia / ATI simply haven't had a chance to update their drivers for release). How long have we been using at least dual-core CPUs for now? It really makes you worry that they just took the IL2 engine and bolted lots of extra features onto the flight model, ground unit behaviour etc.

At least if devs make a console version of the game they are forced to make use of multi-threading from the ground up when building their engine.

Jeeeeeeees, this 'game' is a unplayable freak! Touche, was looking forward to it...

Have you tried the new 'beta' patch? - Some people are saying it fixes the frame-rate issues. Most of them seem to have pretty high-end machines, though.

Patch should roll out to Steam on Monday. I'm still waiting on a fix for SLI / Crossfire before I even start to consider whether there's enough content (relative to '46) to justify a purchase :( Shame, as it was a game I was really just looking for any excuse to buy. Can't just throw away money, though.

*Reports of patch*

*First video that's made me think there might be something interesting here*

Edit: 4/10 Gamespot review.

Oh dear. Sounds like they got someone who's played a few sims in his time to review it, too.

Edited by Richey79

Hi, the IL2: COD looks really impresive and when i'd seen it's launch trailer and the developers diary i'd regret to don't have my old Saitek F-15E joystick because the game looks really well done and funny. Let's C ya

After two patches, still no luck for me. Game isn´t running, and if its running its crashing. Missions still don´t load. Random menu options still freeze the comp. :V Fun times.

I actually am starting to think Maddox is trolling us, and this really is a computer-crash-simulator and not a flightsim.

Maybe he got fed up with the "The mustang ees porked" whiners and this is his revenge?

I shan't be attempting to even launch this game again for years.

Bugger waiting on patches and getting all annoyed everytime. Life's too short.

I shan't be attempting to even launch this game again for years.

Bugger waiting on patches and getting all annoyed everytime. Life's too short.

Not sure about years here, but fully agree wont be bothering for a while...

Must be without doubt the worst state of a game Ive ever come across in all my years of gaming.

Completely unplayable on day of release, and still not much better.

It doesnt even look like its early Alpha release let alone beta.

Far Far Far from finished.

If it wasnt so bad it would probably be quite good :confused:

I doubt that there are 128 players worldwide that have got the game playable, let alone get them into the same lobby and even attempt to go online.