Sign in to follow this  
mr pedersen

Hell in the Pacific MOD

looks good, also looking forward to some screenie's of the flamethrower ;)

looks good, also looking forward to some screenie's of the flamethrower ;)

If you check out the blog you will find screens of the Flamthrower in game in action!

:yay:

thank you :)

EDIT: the black pipe (from the gas tank) looks a bit weird :p

Question/poll for the WW2-Pacific fans of Arma2Co Community:

What Naval/Air island would you like to see ingame, Wake Island or Midway Island?

easy question

BOTH OF THEM!!!

Which island is built in principle but no matter. First please complete the units and then an island it! The end product is crucial. As I trust to you very good job!

Which island is built in principle but no matter. First please complete the units and then an island it! The end product is crucial. As I trust to you very good job!

We have the units.

Id also like to see both islands, but if it has to be only one my bet would be on the Wake Island.

Btw. what is the effective range of the flamethrower?

Id also like to see both islands, but if it has to be only one my bet would be on the Wake Island.

I have to agree with this

Btw. what is the effective range of the flamethrower?

Range of the flamethrower is about 20 Meters.

I suggest you take a look at the screens in our blog.

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Question/poll for the WW2-Pacific fans of Arma2Co Community:

What Naval/Air island would you like to see ingame, Wake Island or Midway Island?

Iwo Jima with extensive and detailed cave system :P Ontopic, Midway island, Wake has been done to death in pretty much every ww2 pacific game.

Edited by aidas2

Iwo Jima with extensive and detailed cave system :P Ontopic, Midway island, Wake has been done to death in pretty much every ww2 pacific game.

Iwo Jima is somthing we have talked about before long time ago.

But making Iwo Jima as you all would like to play it is VERY HARD.

As you say cave system. The entire Island is a HUGE BUNKER. so that means we need to make the island as one big static model object if we should make the island correct with all those tunnel cave systems.

Alot of work would be put on to make Iwo Jima if it is going to be " Historic correct"... to much work I would say.

But now Im talking in terms of proffestional high quality made island. Not somthing you do in 1 or 2 weeks.

But YES I could do Iwo Jima, but then it would only have smal rocks caves that I just place on the ground and not the Feeling of you acctully walk into a mountian with epic cave systems. Also the Vulcano would need to be modled as static object. So if you all out there want Iwo Jima, I suggest you help us then with all Objects modls etc that is needed to make the island jaw droping and fun to play.

But if you looking for Mountain/Cave battles I can tell you that you will not be disappointed on the island Peleliu we going to release we have just that. You could ask any of the Beta testers about that " Hill Battle " we have had in the test to get correct feedback on that mountian with CAVES.:yay:

Edited by Mr Pedersen

What about Okinawa?

Haven't seen that one much in games.

What about Okinawa?

Haven't seen that one much in games.

Well the list can go on and on with island/battles for the Pacific ALL of them are very good ideas, that we like alot!

But hey... is Peleliu, Tarawa Betio, Guadalcanal and one new Naval/Air island not at your satisfaction for the first release? What more do you all want?

We are team of few dedicated hard working moders that are doing ALL THIS FOR FREE!

So any one feel free to help us out, plz do.

Edited by Mr Pedersen

In my personal opinion, we already have enough of 'US force xy takes island xy from totally outnumbered Japanese force xy' scenarios. And by 1945 the war was already won by the Allies.

I'd rather prefer islands/maps where the Japs are in the offensive or where both sides are in balance, or where both sides launched offensives (Wake, Midway, Guadalcanal, Burma, New Guinea, Philippines).

Cheers,

D.

Well the list can go on and on with island/battles for the Pacific ALL of them are very good ideas, that we like alot!

But hey... is Peleliu, Tarawa Betio, Guadalcanal and one new Naval/Air island not at your satisfaction for the first release? What more do you all want?

We are team of few dedicated hard working moders that are doing ALL THIS FOR FREE!

So any one feel free to help us out, plz do.

Well you were asking what we wanted to see ingame. So I just suggested something.

I greatly respect the effort you guys put in to this mod. And it pays off from the screens and vids I've seen so far.;)

In my personal opinion, we already have enough of 'US force xy takes island xy from totally outnumbered Japanese force xy' scenarios. And by 1945 the war was already won by the Allies.

I'd rather prefer islands/maps where the Japs are in the offensive or where both sides are in balance, or where both sides launched offensives (Wake, Midway, Guadalcanal, Burma, New Guinea, Philippines).

Cheers,

D.

That sounds really interesting, and i'm all for it. I had such great time back in OFP fighting Japanese in the jungle, i'm really looking forward to playing this in ArmA2.

We should bow to our almighty map-maker Mr. Pedersen thrice a day, then it shall happen :)

lol! :)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Well you were asking what we wanted to see ingame. So I just suggested something.

I greatly respect the effort you guys put in to this mod. And it pays off from the screens and vids I've seen so far.;)

Well I was asking about Wake island or Midway island.

If you have to chose one of them what would it be?

This is going to be a Naval/Air island. Well offcourse there will be room for Infantry battle on the island too:yay:

lol! :)

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Well I was asking about Wake island or Midway island.

If you have to chose one of them what would it be?

This is going to be a Naval/Air island. Well offcourse there will be room for Infantry battle on the island too:yay:

Hmm... I would choose Wake Island, brings back memories of many hours spend on it on FH1 and BF 1942.

Throwing my vote in for Wake as it provided for very balanced gameplay in BF1942 already, just loved it. Coming to think of what HiC mapmakers will do to fortify it and what it´ll take to attack those fortifications wets my mouth a bit :D

Midway in BF1942 was rather dull..