Sign in to follow this  
wingnut1186

DOF seems a little much

I've noticed while playing that things further than about 50 feet away from my player are fairly blurry. I've played around with the settings and found that it appeared more clear when post processing was disabled. I want to keep post processing on however. Is there a way to eliminate the blur as distance increases or set the blur to take effect at greater distance from my player? My veiw distance is set around 3090. Screen Res and 3D res set to 1920x1080.

Hi wingnut1186

Asked answered many times; In Options Video Settings, turn off 'Postprocess effects' you may also see a slight FPS increase. It is realy only a function of use for film and photograph making.

Kind Regards walker

You may also try setting postprocessing to low. You'll still get most of the effects but not DOF. (but ambient occlusion will be disabled too)

walker: I don't agree. I think they add a lot to the graphics. Without them it looks like Arma1.

walker: I don't agree. I think they add a lot to the graphics. Without them it looks like Arma1.

It makes the game look like Fable. I can't stand it personally but to each their own :)

there's a lot more to arma 2's graphics that distinguishes it from arma 1, besides even arma 1 had similar post processing effects.

I like my post processing set to very low. Gives the best Atmosphere witout exagerating IMHO

I like my post processing set to very low. Gives the best Atmosphere witout exagerating IMHO

I always choose Low, as it seems that all Very Low does is make the background blurry when paused. Can someone chip in on this?

also setting 3d resolution to same as screen resoulution in advanced video options ingame does wonders in regards to blurry world.

1+

After playing with PP disabled since the dawn of ArmA II I tried out Very Low PP settings since the latest beta and I have to say that I like it. Some subtle blur in specific situations like HALO etc. as Tonci87 said not overdone.

/KC