Sign in to follow this  
ironhulk

ATI cards

I actually think it´s has something to do with the 1.56 patch and --> cause I could play it fine before, I read something about Vram not being detected and mine are only showing: localVRAM=392265664(bytes) aka 374mb and I should be getting somewhere closer to 1073741824 bytes aka 1024mb, right?

And on Takistan for example, in the desert areas I´m getting like 80-130fps closer to cities and wooded areas I´m getting like 40-60 but with these massive FPS drop when I for example aim trough a optic sights(acog and elcan) it drops down to sometimes 10-15FPS. Plus the textures are sometimes really slow to load, kind of looks like a early stage 3d model.

It doesn't matter if I run on low or Very High I get these problems anyway therefore I suspect that there is something "wrong" with the patches above 1.55.

On a side note I can max out mw2 with a FPS no lower then like 95.

Edit - Watercooling on the CPU and the regular fan on the GPU and fans on the memory as well and 4 120mm fans for air flow through the chassi, pushing the hot air up and out of the chassi so heating problems should not be the problem and I´m currently not overclocking anything at all.

/Simon

Edited by TOFIR

And on Takistan for example, in the desert areas I´m getting like 80-130fps closer to cities and wooded areas I´m getting like 40-60 but with these massive FPS drop when I for example aim trough a optic sights(acog and elcan) it drops down to sometimes 10-15FPS. Plus the textures are sometimes really slow to load, kind of looks like a early stage 3d model.

It doesn't matter if I run on low or Very High I get these problems anyway therefore I suspect that there is something "wrong" with the patches above 1.55.

/Simon

The FPS drop when looking through a scope is widespread, almost everyone i've asked is having the same, no matter what system or GPU vendor. IMO it's definitely a problem to be addressed by a game patch.

With textures really slow to load / early stage 3D model you mean LOD switch, that e.g. trees have a cubic shape, and for a couple of seconds for example entire forests appear to be made of cubicles (trees), and then switch to "normal"?

I have the same problem, i was told that the reason is that the game engine is simply not able to fetch the data from the RAM quickly enough..

Edited by Flattermann

For FPS drop in scope check my thread about this issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=112646

Workaround posted in there, if its the same for you and the workaround does work please reply in the thread there to add your experience with it.

So the work around is to set the memory to default? tried that with no success.

what I can see is that the Vram is only showing: 392265664 bytes aka 374mb and I should be getting somewhere closer to 1073741824 bytes aka 1024mb, right?

Wow - I upgraded to 11.2 on my 5850 and its crashing the driver quite a bit.

Running Q9650 @ 3Ghz (no OC), 4 MG DDR2 and a soundblaster board on an XFX motherboard.

This drive seems very nice and fast, but I seem to have lost some stability somewhere.

Wow - I upgraded to 11.2 on my 5850 and its crashing the driver quite a bit.

I had stability issues with CCC 10.12, my graphics card was shutting down my PC. The heatpipes on my 5850 where ridiculously hot.

11.2 however seems much more stable from my part. Since updating the driver I havent had one PC shutdown which I was getting previously. Using GPU-Z, the card now only sees temperatures around 70degC. I can't comment on how hot is was getting with the 10.2 drivers.

Thanks

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight

11.3 is out!

I have no problems with the 11.2 though.

Update: Ok well it appears my sound board driver was interfering with the install of my video (11.2) driver, and that was the cause of the driver crashes.

BUT, now all im left with is the (too frequent) apparent video memory corruption which causes screen images in windows to pixellate and become disintegrated. Driver never crashes, I just get disintegration of the screen graphics.

Its never happenned in arma, but has on teh desktop -- the issue went away for a few revs til I upgraded to 11.2.

Nice to hear 11.3 is out. Interested/curious as to its speed relative to 11.2, and if anyone is seeing any issues.

11.2 is useable for me, but I shouldnt have to put up with vid memory corruption /at all/.

Nice to hear 11.3 is out. Interested/curious as to its speed relative to 11.2, and if anyone is seeing any issues.

I couldn't find any differences at all. Playing Arma 2 that is.

I had 11.3 and my lagged sucked. I reformmated my Harddrives so I can give it another shot. Incase it was setup wrong?