Sign in to follow this  
King_Pyrrhus

Noob Mission Creater here.

So I just started this whole mission making like two days ago. I have made some progress with learning how to create missions however I am still struggling with it. My goal is to start making campaigns at some point. I know from reading the forums that this is a very open community so I am sure that I could find some help on these forums instead of struggling alone to figure this stuff all out.

Right now I am attempting to create a border clash on Isle Duala. I am having the OPFOR attack the border where the Afrienian Police are holding the border behind cover. Originally when the Molation Army came in sight all the cops would lay down and since they were behind cover would not shoot. I then used the setUnitPos command in a waypoint to force them to stand up or crouch depending on what cover they were behind. However, now when the OPFOR comes they abandon their cover and start running out to engage the OPFOR. I then tried to use the disableAI command for both "AUTOTARGET" and "MOVE", however these failed to change anything. Right now I am completely stumped. I spent a great deal of time looking for scriping commands.

Also, in the Harvest red campaign they give you a menu type deal to choose how you want the mission to proceed, like "do you want to go to the CDF lines" or "do you want to go to the NAPA lines" after your helicopter gets shot down. How do I do this?

Is there any type of manual or tutorial that I could use to aid me in this?

Thanks.

I'm not sure of how to stop your guys from running out but to choose which line you take in a campaign I THINK it's addAction. I can't really help you on that either though because I'm having some trouble myself.

The campaign 'Choose your path' thing is found in the following link

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91875&highlight=Conversation

And the movement and running away of the units... hmm... if you could possibly PM me an example mission that is displaying these events of them running out I can possibly rig up a solution and send it back for you to view and rebuild yourself?

Only real way I could help since it's easier for me to show by example then to bluntly say ^^ And I'm sure it'll be easier for you to understand as well to see how it works haha...

I sent you a pm.

Also, Both the Afrenian army and the Molatian Army don't have static guns or many vehicles and I want to add these to them. However I would like to have these countries respective troops manning these vehicles. How do I change a unit to add it's troops to a truck or tank or static weapon? Also since neither of these sides have their own crew uniforms, how can I take the model of say the crewmen of the 1970's random african armies and make it be attached to the afrenian or molation armies respectively?

Look into moveInGunner for making troops crew static weapons and vehicle weapons. moveInDriver/moveInCargo for driving or riding in vehicles. You can find these commands in the COMREF.

As for the uniforms, that's beyond the scope of this forum, try reading some tutorials in the O2 Modelling forum.

I had an m2 machine gun set up earlier and I had one of my police guys man it without using scripts, but he wound up just looking the exact opposite direction I wanted him to look.

When it comes to guys staying still, I out the disableai and setUnitPos as scripts in a way point. I realized they weren't following my scripts at all.

thanks guys, I got most of my mission completed, I just need to add talking and something that resembles an ending and I will be able to post it up soon.

Just one thing I wanted to mention, try not to mix and match addons too much, try and keep addon count as low as possible because it can be a bit annoying to have to download 20 addons just to play a campaign, and on that note, what addons are you using in this campaign? The whole running out to engage thing could be caused by an AI mod such as GL4, ZeusAI or UPSMON scripts.

Hey please help me,

I am fairly new to the arma 2 editor...

can someone explain how I set up AI artillery?

pretty much I want to set up some usmc mortars,

and then be able to call in barrages with my radio when ever I want.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :)

Everything is completed on my mission currently (I think so at least) except I want to add a "dynamic conversation" at the beginning. I was reading that thing SigintArmA sent me but I'm still really confused. It doesn't look too hard... just figuring out how it works the first times seems to be the issue....

Oh, and Militant Sausage, those problems were from me scripting wrong. Thanks though.

Hey please help me,

first off...this is completely unrelated to this post...so asking about artillery shouldnt have been posted here

second off...search function is a good tool to get arty working

Hey please help me,

Here is the wiki for the Arty module:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Artillery_Module#The_Artillery_Firing_Interface

Google "Arma 2 modules", and check out BIS's page for modules. Each one links to it's own wiki page that thoroughly explains their use. I am finding that you can do incredible things easily with these modules!