Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Impromptu star wars vs. star trek

Admiral Selby was looking around on his bridge. He was feeling very comfortable and relaxed. 36 hours ago he had smashed a small Rebel outpost without any losses, now he was heading for Coruscant to receive a special commendation. Maybe even a promotion. Taking command of the ISD Jolly Roger had been the the best thing that could have happened to him. Captain Stone hadn't liked it, he had aspired on commanding the Jolly Roger himself. However, he had proven himself a worthy subordinate. He had never let his personal aspirations affect his duty. Yes, he had been a worthy right hand for an Admiral. Selby promised himself that he would lobby for Stone to succeed him as commander of the Jolly Roger. Selby decided to let the crew get on with their duty and returned to his office in the back of the bridge.

He was just about to go through the door when an alarm rang. He turned around. Ensign Smith, on his first tour, was sitting at the sensor console. The warning sound had come from his console. Selby took pride in knowing the names of all his bridgecrew. "What is it, Mr. Smith?" Smith frowned at his screen. "Sir, it seems as if a ship has dropped out of hyperspace, just 300 km ahead." "What sort of ship?" asked Selby, with only a trace of concern. They were deep inside Imperial space after all. "Admiral, Sir, I have never seen such a configuration before. It isn't in the memory banks either." Now this was peculiar. The memory banks on an Imperial Star Destroyer were some of the most extensive shipbased systems in the galaxy, containing literally hundreds of thousands of different ship designs. "Ensign, put the vessel on the screen." The Ensign pressed a few keys, and the unknown vessel appeared on one of the windows that also served as magnifying screens. Selby opened his eyes in amazement. Every single ship he had encountered in his long career as an Imperial Navy Officer had some sort of shape to reflect the ship's function, or to represent a race's abstract idea of art. But never had he encountered anyone travelling in a ship that was entirely defunct of shape! "Ensign, can you run a check on the vessel's size?" Ensign Smith surprised him with his answer, not so much the content of it, but the fact that he had second-guessed his Admiral's thoughts. "Sir, it is a perfect cube. Length, Base, Height, all the same size." How peculiar. It had become a rare occasion for an Imperial Officer to make first contact with a new race. Promotion was almost certain now. He addressed the ship's communication officer: "Mr Length, open a channel to the alien vessel and activate the microphone." Five seconds, and he was ready. "Microphone online, channel open, Sir." "To the alien vessel, this is the Imperial Star Destroyer Jolly Roger. We advise you that you have entered Imperial Space. Please state your intentions clearly and come alongside." Selby waited for one minute. Nothing. "Smith, how far are they now?" "They have closed to 10km, Sir." Damn, that ship was fast! Now Selby was annoyed. He wasn't used to anyone disobeyeing the orders of an Imperial Admiral, especially if that Admiral was commanding a Star Destroyer. "Ok everybody, Yellow Alert. Raise deflector shields. Turbo Laser Batteries on stand-by. Launch some Tie-fighters to cover our flanks. Mr Length, open the channel again." "Channel Open, sir." "This is the Imperial Star Destroyer Jolly Roger. You have entered Imperial Space. Identify yourself immediately and state your intentions, or we will have to assume your intentions are of a hostile nature." Selby waited for an answer. 10 seconds. 30 seconds. One minute. Nothing. Who were these arrogant..."Sir, sir!" Mr Dickens, his Tactical Officer exclaimed "Sir, we have just lost an entire flight of Tie's that were doing a reconnaissance fly-by on the intruder. Sensors are picking up an energy signature, probably some kind of weapon or tractor beam, I can't tell for sure." Selby was furious now. They entered HIS space WITHOUT authorization and even FIRED on IMPERIAL ships? "Go to Full Battle Alert. Prepare all missile tubes. To all Turbo Laser Batteries, take aim on the intruder but hold your fire. Mr. Dickens, deploy all Tie's, including our bombers. Mr. Length, one more time." "Channel Open." "To the unidentified ship, you have just fired on Imperial Starfighters. This constitutes an act of war. We demand your full surrender NOW." He emphasized that word as much as he could. But no answer came. He was about to order a warning shot when he suddenly heared a humming. Someone - SOMETHING - materialized out of thin air. Vaguely human, but with plastic tubes sticking out everywhere, and blinking lights and the sound of servo motors accompanying the THING's every move. What in the name of Alderaan was THAT? The thing approached Dicken's console and plugged itself in. Was this some kind of android? "Mr Length, call security immediately. I want a squad of stormtroopers up here right NOW!" Then he addressed the alien. "You, step away from that console now. Who are you and what do you want!?" Dickens looked questionly at Selby. Selby nodded. His tactical officer tried pulling away the thing from the console, but he just as well could have tried pulling a rock for that matter. The thing didn't move. Dickens got really agitated now. "Sir, that...thing...is accessing classified material, regarding our weapons, propulsion, shields, EVERYTHING!" Just in that moment some stormtroopers stormed onto the bridge. Selby didn't hesitate one moment. "Lieutenant, get rid of that thing immediately!" The squad fired several shots, killing the intruder. "What the hell was that, sir?" "Probably one of the intruders. I..." Selby's voice trailed off when the dead intruder vanished into thin air again. Then Length made a report that Selby wouldn't have thought possible. "Sir, security reports multiple intruder alerts in engineering, fire control, and the Tie hangar. They are asking for orders." Selby didn't have to think twice. "Order them to fire." "Yes sir." Selby discovered that he had completely ignored the strange ship during this episode. He thought for a second, then gave his orders. "Mr Dickens, order all Tie-fighters to attack the enemy vessel. Launch our torpedoes. All Turbo-Laser batteries: FIRE!" Let's see how they deal with the firepower of an Imperial Star Destroyer, he thought grimly. The first shots impacted and Selby's expectations were met. Huge craters appeared on the vessel's surface. He heard Mr Dickens ordering the second volley already. Pity, he thought, would be interesting to know at least what these people call themselves before we go to war with them. He finally heard the beep of an incoming transmission from Length's console. "Sir, communication coming in from the alien vessel." Finally, he thought. "Put them on the loudspeaker's, Mr. Length." Selby was totally unprepared for the message to come. "WE ARE THE BORG. WE HAVE ANALYZED YOUR DEFENSIVE CAPABILITES AND FOUND YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESIST US. WE WILL ADD YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVES TO OUR OWN. YOU WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE." That was not just one voice, but the voice of thousands, if not more! And indeed, as he saw on the screen, the mighty volleys of fire from his mighty Imperial Star Destroyer were not doing anymore damage at all. For the first time in his life, Selby felt fear. Fear, but also rage. The Empire would serve no one, he thought. "Mr Length, tell them to shove it and close the channel. Mr Dickens, why isn't that vessel destroyed yet?" Dickens looked close to panicking now. "Sir, the only damage they took was from our first volley. All other shots were apparently without effect. As for our ties, an entire squadron was seemingly pulled aboard that vessel. As for ALL others, we have lost contact with them! Life scanners show that they are empty!?" "What? That is impossible! Tie-pilots don't just disappear out of their cockpits!" This could have been such a nice weekend...Then he heard the familiar humming again. A dozen of the strange semi-mechanical THINGS appeared on his bridge. The squad of stormtroopers that were still on the bridge opened fire immediately. And nothing happened!!! Selby couldn't believe it. Imperial blasters could shoot through anything barring a light sabre, couldn't they!? The intruders moved swiftly up to crew stations and the stormtroopers. He saw touching them his crew with something on the neck. Then his crew members would scream out and all of a sudden vanish into thin air. Stone was frantically typing on a console. Then he looked up. "Sir, multiple intruder alerts from all over the ship. They are everywhere. And all reports are the same - they can't kill them! Our weapons are without effect!" Selby was thinking fast. They couldn't be stopped, he had seen it with his own eyes. Then he had an idea. "Stone, get over here! I need you." He understood, but came nonetheless. Together they ran for Selby's office. On closing the door again they watched the last crewman vanishing into thin air. What were these things coming out of his arms? Then they went for the emergency turbolift. They got in and rode to the seconday command bridge, deep inside the huge Star Destroyer's superstructure. They arrived and stepped out cautiously. Nobody was around. Blaster fire and screams from somewhere nearby. "Quick", Selby said. They sat down on the main console, and Selby brought up a particular program he was looking for. "Computer, this is Admiral Selby, request initiation of self-destruct sequence. Command override alpha-tango." "Command override accepted. Voice confirmed. Require secondary command override to execute program." Selby looked at Stone, but he simply nodded. Understanding and determination in his eyes. He was such a fine fleet officer, Selby thought. Stone took some breath and was about to give the code when the monitor suddenly changed picture and the computer announced to the Admiral's and Captain's horror "Main Computer functions rerouted. Unauthorized access detected. Shutting down." And it did shut down. The intruders had accessed the ship's computer! How was that possible? Stone showed fear for the first time. "What are we meant to do now, Admiral?" Selby had his next plan ready. "We will take one of the shuttles." Stone protested at once. "And how are we going to get past their fire? You saw what they did to our Tie's!?" Selby nodded. "Yes, but I have a plan. We will launch all emergency lifeboats first. While they are busy with them, we will take the Shuttle and try to get away while they are still playing with them." Stone clearly wasn't happy. "And what about the crew? We can't just leave them on their own?" Selby shook his head. "Stone, we need to get away and tell fleet command about this. Lord Vader needs to know about this. This might be the biggest threat to the Empire yet!" Stone nodded. They went back into the emergency turbolift and went to the main hangar deck.

Upon arrival they immediately marched towards the release computer for the shuttle and life craft. Distant blaster fire was still hearable, albeit fainter. Selby was about to type in his orders when it dawned upon him. "Wait a minute, we can't release the ships if we don't have control over the computer!" Selby actually smashed his head against the bulkhead. "I haven't been caught out with my pants down like this ever since the Academy!" Stone then stated the obvious. "Someone needs to stay back and blow up the computer station, then release the ships with manual override. "I know. Stone, get into that shuttle now." Stone smiled strangely. "Sure, Admiral". Selby turned around to aim at the computer station with his blaster when he suddenly felt a paralyzing blow to his head. Then he lost consciousness.

Selby awoke to shaking and terrible screeching noises. He looked around. He was aboard the shuttle, moving away from the Star Destroyer and that strange cubic ship. Stone was nowhere to be seen. Selby didn't lose any time and sat down on the controls, trying to activate the hyperspace engines. He didn't hear the humming sound. He saw a reflection in the cockpit window. He turned around to stare one of the things he had seen earlier into the eye. It looked vaguely like Dickens. "Dickens?" The thing came closer, touched him on the neck. Pain exploded in his neck, wandering both into his head and down his body. A horrible feeling of something metallic growing inside him, a terrible noise in his brain. His knees gave in. He thought "I must tell fleet command about this. This is all that matters. I must tell fleet command. All that matters is...is...THE COLLECTIVE."

---------

Impromptu story, written on the spot smile.gif What do you all think?

By the way, this story is copyrighted by me, for me smile.gif

not that your story was bad, i think star trek and star wars go as well together as a Kocher Pickle would go with a glass of milk

Oh... My... God...

I didn't even read that. It's simply LONG!

And if I do read it, would I need to be interested in Star Wars or Star Trek to find it interesting?

I sure hope not, because I might just read it... ... ... ... ... ... ... Now.

Lets see those poncy Borg fools adapt to a single volley from a SSD, or even better a DeathStar or Darksaber.

Hell, send Vader in, nothing compares to the power of the force!

For all your SW vs ST fantasies, check out the mods for Homeworld. Nothing like crushing weak federation fools with the power of the Dark Side. smile.gif

being a star trek nerd it could easily withstand a SSD volley as you could destroy 75+% of the ship and it would still function normally

Who here read all that??

I personally am not into star wars or star trek.

I don't understand them. And reading all that probably wouln't help anyways.

But my god, that is LOOOOOOONG, and dense too. It would hurt my eyes!

Two words Ex-Ronin - "White space" use it, very few people are going to read your Great Wall of Text. Break it up into paragraphs with white space smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ May 07 2002,11:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Two words Ex-Ronin - "White space" use it, very few people are going to read your Great Wall of Text. Break it up into paragraphs with white space smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

Quote of the day!!! "Great Wall of Text"

Perfectly said.

You can thank my Technical Writting professor for that term smile.gif. She gave me pretty much the same advice, It's a lot easier to read something when you're looking at parts at a time. I'm not trying to be an ass Ex-Ronin, just letting you know that your post as it is now is a pain in the ass to read, very hard on the eyes.

WOW!, I won;t even bother to read all that crap, no offence Ronin but some spacing would definately help.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Great Wall of Text" <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, nice way to describe it. biggrin.gif

Starwars and Startrek suck anyway tounge.gif

Tyler

I too just have to laugh at that

"Great wall of text"

LOL!

arsewipes tounge.gif

ok, ill put some paragraphs in confused.gif

Well written, I'd say. Good introduction of characters and setup of the scene smile.gif

I have several comments to the story:

When I read "a ship that was entirely defunct of shape" I was certain you meant the Enterprise biggrin.gif That is simply the poorest design of anything in human history!

secondly, a perfect sphere is much stronger in structure than a perfect cube. The Death Star would immediatly teach those Borgs how things are done. smile.gif

I also found the emperial too hesitant to shoot. They normally open fire right away and then ask questions if they bother. Sending out TIEs seems like a very bad strategy, as long as the enemy haven't send in small fighters. I would have gone for an instant broadside from all cannons smile.gif

Sure, the empire are nazi scum, but I'll still want them to win, as Star Trek dudes are sissies in gym suits, who uses pocket calculators for weapons and even have women in their armed forces biggrin.gif

I also fail to see how the borg would "adapt" to the force tounge.gif

Great story, an enjoyable read. Though the Imperials are my favourite, the technology and equipment and jsut everything they have is great, and i dont like them losing >:\ So change the story now lol