Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

HMMWV pack (WIP)

Very nice sir. Maybe after the hillbilly armor HMMWVs maybe you could do some HMMWV with Vinyl Soft Doors and Tops? They still plague the Guard. Maybe some Marine Corps Gun Trucks would be awesome as well.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Edited by suhsjake

Very nice sir. Maybe after the hillbilly armor HMMWVs maybe you could do some HMMWV with Vinyl Soft Doors and Tops? They still plague the Guard. Maybe some Marine Corps Gun Trucks would be awesome as well.

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

It's funny you should mention that. Stiltman and I were recently talking about what Humvees to do next and he also suggested the Soft Top Ambulance. If I can get the normal map right, the folds in the vinyl will really stand out nicely. Thanks for the example pics, I'll add them to my list of things to make :)

Time for a quick update and some new pics.

Stiltman and I are currently working on the next additions to the pack: USMC recon Humvee and two styles of troop carrier. So far, the recon variant is about 80% complete and the first troop carrier is only about 50% complete.

HMMWV_12_05.jpg

HMMWV_12_02.jpg

HMMWV_12_01.jpg

HMMWV_12_04.jpg

HMMWV_12_03.jpg

Because this has no heavy armour, we've increased the top speed slightly. This should make it a more viable recon vehicle in-game. Also, due to the repositioned .50 cal, we've had to modify the firing arc. It's now a forward-facing weapon with 80 degrees of travel. In our tests it works perfectly, you just have to pointing at your target.

I'll post more pics as soon as I've tidied it up and added the missing elements.

And here's the first of two troop carriers.

After I've finished this one, I'll make a tan coloured version with different details, just for a bit of variety. The two packs on the exterior are just temporary btw. I don't want to overuse those objects so I'll be making a few new ones for this model.

HMMWV_troop_01_109.jpg

HMMWV_troop_01_106.jpg

HMMWV_troop_01_107.jpg

HMMWV_troop_01_108.jpg

HMMWV_troop_01_105.jpg

I still have quite a lot of work to do for this model, but the groundwork has all been done. All that remains is adding the fine detail and making it look more used.

Stunning ExA, simply stunning!

Thanks heaps for building these!:yay:

Stunning ExA, simply stunning!

Thanks heaps for building these!:yay:

Thanks, Stewy :)

The 8-seater troop carrier that you suggested is coming along nicely. I'm really looking forward to testing the model in-game.

As for the USMC recon Humvee, it's almost finished now and is so much fun to drive. I really piled on the detail without going over-budget on the polygons. You can't really see from the pics I posted, but I put a clipboard and a pair of binoculars on top of the radio lol. I'll make sure to get a good view of them in my next batch of pics.

Great news about USMC recon and 8-seater troop carrier HMWWVs :)

I take you've never tried/seen the GK mod for arma 2?

It contains various types of "custom" hmmwvs.

Here's a pic of one of the interiors of a hmmwv.

arma22010-04-2023-25-34-04.jpg?t=1293923322

Note that those models(binoculars, sigarettes etc.) were modeled in via a proxy to keep the polycount of the hmmwv model lower.

Wow!

These hummers look superb. The attention to detail and variety somehow reminds me of the "old" combat! ones :) ahhhhhh, the good ol' opf times....

realy looking forward to your hummers, A1 and A2 variants ;)

Great news about USMC recon and 8-seater troop carrier HMWWVs :)

I take you've never tried/seen the GK mod for arma 2?

It contains various types of "custom" hmmwvs.

Here's a pic of one of the interiors of a hmmwv.

Note that those models(binoculars, sigarettes etc.) were modeled in via a proxy to keep the polycount of the hmmwv model lower.

No I hadn't seen these before. I love the detail though. Anything that makes the standard models look more used and personalised gets my vote. On a side note, I have this great high resolution photo, taken inside a Humvee, where the soldiers have plastered the insides with nude photos from their Playboy mags. I was tempted to do something similar for my SLAT armour Strykers but decided against it, for obvious reasons :)

Wow!

These hummers look superb. The attention to detail and variety somehow reminds me of the "old" combat! ones :) ahhhhhh, the good ol' opf times....

realy looking forward to your hummers, A1 and A2 variants ;)

Thanks, VeNoM. The recon Humvee is almost 100% complete now btw, the troop carrier still needs a fair bit of work done though. Stiltman is in the process of making it an 8-seater and I'm working on the last bits of detail (new packs, seating and a few other things).

I'll post some more pics of each vehicle soon.

Just a few late night pics for you guys:

HMMWV_12_13.jpg

HMMWV_12_10.jpg

HMMWV_12_12.jpg

HMMWV_12_11.jpg

- Remade the orange ID panel from scratch (much higher resolution)

- Made a tripod mount for the .50cal (instead of the pole)

- Repositioned the junk in the back to prevent clipping

- Added a few new objects (ammo box and another jerry can)

- Made a cage for the rear-mounted jerry cans

- Tidied up the roof bar in the middle (retextured it and 'wrapped' some straps around the corners for extra detail)

- Fixed some issues with the shadow LODs

- And..... something else.... I can't remember what.

And here's the troop carrier, in-game for it's first round of testing:

HMMWV_12_07.jpg

HMMWV_12_06.jpg

HMMWV_12_09.jpg

HMMWV_12_08.jpg

Stiltman is still refining the cargo positions and fire geometry but so far, we're off to a good start. I've made the new packs but I still have to add a few things (door handles, rear bench seats etc.) and tidy everything up.

Expect more pics and expect them to look better than these early ones.

WOW!! :bounce3:

There are no other words mate - the Recce Truck looks badass - the tripod, jerry can holders - even the binos and map on the radio! Nice!!!

And the troop carrier looks so tough! It's perfect! Can't stop staring at those pics!

Thanks so much to you and Stiltman for your hard (and speedy) work on these!

Stew

+1 WOW!

finaly, some vehicles that look like they're being used by troops.....honestly, I hate that about most of the stuff that's out there, looks so fraking clean.....

EX, do you have any plans for "after the hummers"? maybe some more Strykers or M113s? you know, command vehicles and such...???

Very nice. Are you going to make a gun truck version? Any chance with a M60 or M240?

WOW!! :bounce3:

There are no other words mate - the Recce Truck looks badass - the tripod, jerry can holders - even the binos and map on the radio! Nice!!!

And the troop carrier looks so tough! It's perfect! Can't stop staring at those pics!

Thanks so much to you and Stiltman for your hard (and speedy) work on these!

Stew

Hehe, glad you like them. If you like the troop carrier now, you're gonna love it when you next see it. A lot more detail has been added and it's looking good, if I do say so myself.

+1 WOW!

finaly, some vehicles that look like they're being used by troops.....honestly, I hate that about most of the stuff that's out there, looks so fraking clean.....

EX, do you have any plans for "after the hummers"? maybe some more Strykers or M113s? you know, command vehicles and such...???

After this update (which will include the recon Humvee and two types of troop carrier) we're making some special forces GMVs. I've been doing some photo research and found three, maybe four styles that would look so good as part of this pack. These include some unarmoured and some uparmoured. We're also gonna see if we can replace the .50cal with an M134 :)

After that... I would be interested in making another Stryker or two. It would involve a lot of work but I'd really like to make the ESV with either a plough or mine-rollers. I'm easily distracted though, if something more tempting comes alone I may change my mind lol.

As far as command vehicles go, we added one to v1.3 of the Stryker pack (as well as a medevac variant). They don't have any special abilities though.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12380

Very nice. Are you going to make a gun truck version? Any chance with a M60 or M240?

As a matter of fact, yes. We're aiming to give the second style of troop carrier either an M60 or a couple of M249s. Once we actually start work on it, I'll post some pics.

I really like the look of the cargo version but I think the ALICE (?) backpacks on the side are a bit too bright and don't fit the rest of the vehicle.

For the gun truck version I would like to see a M240 or M249. The M60 is a too oldfashioned in my opinion.

I really like the look of the cargo version but I think the ALICE (?) backpacks on the side are a bit too bright and don't fit the rest of the vehicle.

For the gun truck version I would like to see a M240 or M249. The M60 is a too oldfashioned in my opinion.

Absolutely. This was the first version of the ALICE pack texture and it just doesn't look quite right. I've already adjusted the saturation and overall brightness in Photoshop so it's looking a lot better. I'm currently in the process of improving my UVW map and making sure the edges blend together nicely. I'll post some new pics in a day or two.

I'll be posting the latest pics of the troop carrier soon, but I just wanted to show you guys something that distracted me. It's something that's been bugging me ever since we released the first HMMWV pack, so I decided to fix it for the next release.

I've basically smoothed out the normal map for the doors and the rear vents.

Here's the photo that inspired me to make them in the first place:

Hussainsonsmission-cropped.jpg

Here's v1.0 of the HMMWV pack:

HMMWV_200.jpg

And here's the updated HMMWV that will be coming out in v1.2:

HMMWV_12_15.jpg

HMMWV_12_16.jpg

HMMWV_12_17.jpg

I've also improved something else which was bothering me: the curved antenna. In v1.0 the base of it was at a right-angle, but now I've bent it over smoothly. I've also 'tied' the antenna to the bull-bars.

I'm probably being overly fussy, and no one will ever notice this but me, but I had to do it lol.

I almost forgot to mention... I'm about halfway through the second troop carrier. Some elements of this model may change before final release btw (the spare wheel, ammo boxes, MRE boxes and the M240 are all temporary).

HMMWV_troop_02_104.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_101.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_102.jpg

HMMWV_troop_02_103.jpg

Both troop carriers now have bench seats and the ALICE packs have been re-textured and 'strapped' to the armour panels. More pics and more detail to come :)

Edited by ExplosiveAids

YYAAAARRRRR!

they are looking better and better with each screenshot :D btw, you are not overly fussy, I just thought it may be impolite to mention such a small mistake :)

and, am I right that there will be versions for the Army and the Marines? damn, you are realy throwing me back to Armed Assault gaming :D

Btw, maybe somebody would be so kind to make a replacement config for the hummers and the strykers in Arma? since editing all the missions by hand is tiresome :D

They looking better and better with every update!

'll send you a pm about something.. :)