Sign in to follow this  
ExplosiveAids

HMMWV pack (WIP)

Gonna add these babies to my modified Waco Warfare! Stop teasing us Exa....;)

Good news everyone!

Stiltman has come through and made the M240 operational. There are a couple of technical setbacks but it works and looks good enough for a first release.

The M240 mount doesn't pivot just yet but Stiltman is working on it. Also, the lower third of the gunner's boots disappear into the floor. It's a minor issue but you won't notice it once you've got your whole squad in the truck.

Here are a few new pics so you can be the judge:

HMMWV_12_50.jpg

HMMWV_12_55.jpg

HMMWV_12_58.jpg

HMMWV_12_57.jpg

Whatever isn't 100% perfect when we release v1.2 will be improved upon in future releases. As for a release date for v1.2..... It's close, very close. I can't give you a date but we're talking a matter of days, not weeks. So, the next pics I post will come with a file to download :)

Great news ExA, thanks - they are cool gun trucks! Please thanks Stiltman for us too!

Despite the fore windshield glass, all armored hummer's door window are all non-bullet proof except the "ExA_HMMWV_50_A1", could be easily penetrated by beretta, and the "ExA_HMMWV_50_A1" is somehow invulnerable

Despite the fore windshield glass, all armored hummer's door window are all non-bullet proof except the "ExA_HMMWV_50_A1", could be easily penetrated by beretta, and the "ExA_HMMWV_50_A1" is somehow invulnerable

Thanks for the feedback, that must've slipped through the net somehow. We'll make sure that's fixed in the next update.

While you're all getting your teeth into v1.2, I thought I'd give you an advance look at what's gonna be in v1.3. This is one of three (possibly four) GMVs that we're making. It's still in the early stages of development and a lot of the detail you can see is temporary; just to give an idea of what it'll look like.

HMMWV_13_15.jpg

HMMWV_13_13.jpg

HMMWV_13_19.jpg

HMMWV_13_16.jpg

HMMWV_13_21.jpg

HMMWV_13_14.jpg

HMMWV_13_20.jpg

HMMWV_13_18.jpg

I've only been working on this for a week or two, and the other GMVs I'm planning on making are gonna be really high detail models. This means v1.3 will take a bit longer to finish than the previous versions. Expect a bit of a wait, but also expect lots of pics.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Expect a bit of a wait, but also expect lots of pics

Thanks mate - great news!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Thanks so much mate - great pics!

Quick question - Will dudes be able to sit in the back area as well (7-8 seats)?

Thanks so much for all of your fantastic trucks

Bumpity-bump-bump-bump! :)

Do you have any news, ExA?

As an A1 player, I'm always fearful of these scenarios:

1. "I'm not modding A1 anymore"

2. "I've gone to A2"

3. "I'm playing other games now"

Just curious mate ;)

Stew

Hey both of you, we are still here and not dead, and not moved on to some other game ;)

and from what i know ExA has not yet gotten arma 2, so he have not left you for that game hehe.

But both ExA and me has had alot of work to do, for me its starting to clear up hence ive started on the 1.2 pack for arma 2 again to get it finished.

ExA is still working alot and have not had to much time for modeling since he does modeling, animation stuff for work. but he said that he has not forgotten us and or left us ;)

when next release will be finished is unsure but it will still feature the GMV model as seen above, in M2 and M134 builds and i am pretty sure there will be at least 1more still unknown model.

Thanks very much for the update Stiltman - I'm sure I speak for the whole community in saying that we love the trucks and APCs you and ExA have made!

Thanks again - and good luck with that pesky Real Life 1.0!:D

Stew

Yeah sorry about the long absence. I started a new job recently so unfortunately I won't be able to spend as much time making vehicles for ArmA, as much as I'd like to. Don't worry though, I'm determined to make these GMVs. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the support btw, it's nice to know you guys like our stuff :)