Sign in to follow this  
11aTony

Harvest Red not working well with OA?

Hi guys!

I tried harvest red the other day again in 1.08/1.55 and I found few bugs that eventually change the course of missions. Same thing happened in 1.07/1.54 as well.

First on LHD I chose I will do the training. I go over obsticle course and come to firing range. Seargent tells me to pick up rifle from crate and get ready. The problem is that gear option does not appear. Same problem with skeet range.

So I decided to skip the training and went to Maddox.

Next problem occured when miles tells you to take laser designator from huey and gear option again does not appear which spoils next mission... cannot designate for airstrikes.

I tried without any mods and same thing happens.

Is anyone else getting this problems? Is this maybe a known thing that I am not aware of?

I would make a ticket on CIT but I want to make sure its not only on my side first.

Another thing. I tried some secops and when flying in huey to LZ I cannot open gear menu as well. It was stock A2 secops, not edited.

So maybe this is related somehow.

I played the Campaign with 1.02, 1.05, 1.07/1.54. I haven't played it with 1.55/1.08 but with 1.54/1.07 all was fine for me. Only one bug during the whole campaign. I'll test with 1.55/1.08 soon.

I also posted this in the troubleshooter:

Well I replay the singleplayer from harvest red and everytime when I'am in the mission Razor two I get a hanger. The screen hangs and I cannot do anything.

It happens when you are talking with dressler under the tent. (your first task is to talk with dressler)

And whats up with the slow loading screens. Since this patch the loading from the missions are very slow and sometimes the games stuttered.

Please fix this.

I have:

Windows 7 64x ultimate

Core i7

gtx285top

6gb

Version: 1.55.75445

i have the a bit worse and no problem! but i noticed a few bugs

-no ammo in training shooting at first mission

-more buggy (you can put gear off when listening briefing, if you want to get in 3rd person in briefing the screen dims

Edited by danny96

for some reason the cutscenes are not working well everything comes in slowmotion like when entering the warehouse patch walks in there in time but miles is not and hes telling us to calm down :p, also when lopotev executes miles he is not in the hanger where he is suposed to be, miles walkes in guided by hes guard after hes been shot! scary suff ^^ , although it is irritating i would not say that it is the worst.

several missions not working like they suposed to but so far i managed to work arround it but the mission on FOB manhattan is totally off track!

for example: if a capture that girl and drive to extraction the shopper engages the hidden camp and does not come for extraction, also the radio conversation betwean Shaftoe and cooper are off track it seems cooper only speaks in text of the side chat but you wont hear him say anything. Also if i encounter the girl in the red car from pusta then i don''t see the doctor i think they need to look at this because so now and then i like to replay the former campaign ..

i have plenty of examples the cutscenes the ones with the heave scripting are not working i guess, when the next mission after FOB manhatten begins the one that comes out of the tent begins to speak he walks out verry slow and the conversation just keeps going Shaftoe begins to brief us and hes not even there :s lol ...

anyway because of this reason i wanted to know that it was because of the update or maybe my addons and i reinstalled the game withoud OA, updated it to 1.05 and everything workes fine, i installed arowhead and the updates delivered i don't think i saw a problem here, putted BAF DLC on it updated and again the same problem campaign is off track again it hink it will work fine only with OA but it might be go wrong on the last patch or the one before ...

would be nice if others test it to so they can take it up to the next patch or maybe the one after ...

regards

Edited by KBourne
Extra info & typo's

After upgrading to 1.08/1.55 in Manhattan, and playing through several saves and reverts, Arma II reported failure to load my save files after a certain point (around the time I started to approach the Chedaki Main Base near the dam). It applies to both manual and autosaves. It would crash saying "Cannot load C:/pathname/savefilename" (or whatever). I can't resume have to go in and manually remove the new save each time it happens and can't really save at anytime during the attack phase on the Main Camp. Really annoying.

Hi all,

I was about to post here about that too.

The Harvest Red campaign seems to be completely left aside. It's working fine if you use the arma2.exe tough but then forget all good engine upgrades and new game assets...

Nearly all dialogs are messed up, the game hangs in several area/situations. The only improvement I've seen is in dog of war mission. Except for some dialogs that mission runs fine.

I hope some ppl at BIS will look at that campaign seriously and deliver a very polished version. You know a rock solid campaign you can rely on like in every other games.

I'm ready to help by reporting those bugs on devheaven but not just like this...I don't have time to waste. I'll do so only if I know some devs will actually look at it and DECIDE to work it.

I've only just upgraded and found I have the same issues as already mentioned above. Seriously hoping BIS can one day get Harvest Red working as well as the newer campaigns because of course its by far the longest and would be a real joy to play if the bugs were all sorted out.

More issues ... I was having this problem even after ugrade to 1.57/1.08 (Dec 2010 patch):

In "Badlands" multiplayer/co-op, after a save point (user or autosave), Cooper is unable to communicate, summon or give orders to anyone on Razor Team. The team members icons on the Squad Leader's screen are blank. When you select the blank icons, you get a different menu than the action menu.

Please report to the CIT and upload the failing savegames, specify how to reproduce.

Thanks!

More issues ... I was having this problem even after ugrade to 1.57/1.08 (Dec 2010 patch):

In "Badlands" multiplayer/co-op, after a save point (user or autosave), Cooper is unable to communicate, summon or give orders to anyone on Razor Team. The team members icons on the Squad Leader's screen are blank. When you select the blank icons, you get a different menu than the action menu.

Any chance that you have the High Command menu activated?

You said "after a save point", which I assume means after first using that save ie. loading it, right?

When you start Badlands starts it asks if you want to be the commander or not. If you answer no, you may never see high command menu (not sure since I have never answered no there). Even though you may have decided to not to take high command and Razor Team command faceicons are normal. You may run into this bug which I have just ticketed. The bug always puts on high command after savegame. http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16161

So like Jezuro said you may be in high command mode which you may never seen. So just need to press CTRL+SPACE everytime after you load.

Edited by Hanzu

I can't even get missions to end when playing in co-op. :-( Not cool.

If missions will not end in co-op. Tell your friends to disconnect and reload last save before assumed end scene. I do not recommend using endmission cheat ever. It will destroy your mission specific decisions and tasks. You will also not know what ending it chose for that mission. Also there are some reports of it creating bugs for next mission (For example NAPA/CDF alliance suddenly breaking up and them shooting at you without apparent reason)

These missions bugged and end animation did not trigger at all or was triggered but bugged, but when I told my friends to disconnect right before the last scene, these missions required special things to complete:

Manhattan co-op (last completed with V1.54) client players should disconnect before you go to talk to Shaftoe for the last time. Otherwise mission player in co-op will end after animation, but without debriefing screen and the next mission will not be unlocked.

Bitter Chill co-op (last completed with V1.55) client players should disconnect before you go you to CDF lines or to NAPA Safehouse after knowing the "password".

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15536

Delaying The Bear co-op (last completed with V1.56) client players should disconnect before you go you walk to Rendezvous point. (Also approaching Rendezvous point alone uphill from northside and leaving other players at least 50meters away may help here). Otherwise mission player in co-op will end after animation, but without debriefing screen and the next mission will not be unlocked.

Badlands co-op (last completed with V1.57.76815) client players should disconnect before the fourth town main bunker is conquered. Client players can help to fight the way to the last bunker, but must leave before it is conquered. Otherwise no radiomessage and end animations will not come ever and the mission will not end.

Dogs Of War co-op (not yet tested, but probably requires clients disconnect before the end just like in 4 missions before it).

And so it continues in multiuser ... after capturing Pogorevka and Rogovo in Badlands I cannot revert to game saves anymore in multiuser. I am commander of this mission. Very frustrating ... as the missions are very enjoyable. I am running CO, latest patches - 1.08/1.57. Mind you, this hasn't put me off ... I've just ordered 2 copies each of BAF and PMC on sale. I'm, a glutton for punishment.

... in Badlands I cannot revert to game saves anymore in multiuser. I am commander of this mission. Very frustrating...

If by multiuser you mean multiplayer cooperative, you probably have same bug I just reported 7 days ago:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16205

As you can see this bug is still in Feedback status meaning they do not have time to reproduce it or they just do not believe it is a real bug. But I first ran into it with in V1.54 Manhattan multiplayer and now in V1.57 Badlands multiplayer. In singleplayer is does not exist. So please verify if you have the same bug so I can pass the information on that I'm not the only one with whom this bug happens.

Workaround for your problem is to press ESC and choose SUSPEND when you are in a position where you want to save. It will save and exit game. Then choose resume and it will load the save that was created before you exited. Use only that save method and remember automatic "Saving game. Please wait."-saves cannot be loaded if you have used SUSPEND-save even once during Badlands-mission.

Edited by Hanzu

On the Razor Two Chapter, I can't find the Dog Tags for the First Evidence at South West of Solnichinly at GRID 132092 of Chernarus

On the Razor Two Chapter, I can't find the Dog Tags for the First Evidence at South West of Solnichinly at GRID 132092 of Chernarus

Taken from my (still in complete) walkthrough:

Task: Collect Evidence: On Solnicniy quarry at GPS COORS 132092 there are 3 enemies. Climb to the east side of the quarry and eliminate all enemies from there. The enemy with light colored pants who is closest to the building is carrying Dog Tags evidence which will be dropped 1 meter away from his feet. Point to the grass all around the corpse feet until green text "Take Dogtags" appears.

---

It is important to kill those enemies with one coordinated attack before they move. Otherwise the man carrying the dogtags and the dogtags he drops can be in different place.

I never saw how Dogtags looked like in the ground because of all that grass. Switch to pistol and just point it to the ground and search patiently near the feet of that corpse until green text appears to pick it up.

If nothing else works. Order one of your AI controlled team mates to search for Dogtags with number 6 key. He will not pick it up, but will run very close to it and just stand there like a marking the spot for you.

Edited by Hanzu

Thanks but still never found any dogtags near his leg, so I just went for Evidence 2 on one of the 3 red markers on map. On the way I found Bardak and the mission just ended

As I did to drive the Hummer M2 near to the quarry and let the gunner get the 2 enemy then I went beside the cottage to eliminate last guy.

Edited by avengerzx

Thanks but still never found any dogtags near his leg, so I just went for Evidence 2 on one of the 3 red markers on map. On the way I found Bardak and the mission just ended

As I did to drive the Hummer M2 near to the quarry and let the gunner get the 2 enemy then I went beside the cottage to eliminate last guy.

If you glimb up here you can see the enemy who usually carries Dogtags without them seeing you. I play always on Expert difficulty and still they don't hear you if you leave transport on the road:

http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Arma%202%20Combined%20Operations/1-Screenshot/06%20Razor%20Two%20arma2OA%202010-10-05%2019-51-44-35.jpg

Take Dogtags:

http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Arma%202%20Combined%20Operations/1-Screenshot/06%20Razor%20Two%20arma2OA%202010-10-05%2020-09-47-96.jpg

Evidence gathered: 1/4 (see enemy leg position on left):

http://relay.pp.fi/Gamesave/Arma%202%20Combined%20Operations/1-Screenshot/06%20Razor%20Two%20arma2OA%202010-10-05%2020-11-02-65.jpg

---

Razor Two is the silliest mission if you ask me, because it always ends early if ran into Bardak who moves between red X markers or ends early if you do not reach Bardak on north-south road of Gorka in a certain timelimit.

To avoid running into him too soon may be avoided by using helicopter transport or driving vehicles offroad enough.

Edited by Hanzu

If by multiuser you mean multiplayer cooperative, you probably have same bug I just reported 7 days ago:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16205

Yes .. it was in multiplayer co-op and this appears to be the same issue. It stopped saving after I suspended the game ad returned. I had problems with saving in single player mode in Manhattan. After a certain point, it said it was unable to read the save file it had written (both user and auto save). All I could do was go into My Documents/Arma 2 and delete the last save and start again at the last good save. This was patch 1.05. Unfortunately, I don't have time to go and reproduce the problems (I'd rather just play!). But thanks for looking into this on behalf of all Harvest Red players!

Yes I understand totally. When mission is completed its saves are destroyed and replaced by saves for next mission. So to reproduce the bug you would have to revert to the previous mission. Because of this multiplayer campaign bugs are rarely reproduced for reports.

Anyway could you please verify that you got Badlands completed with V1.57 by using ESC-SUSPEND-save method and that you could not use any other save method there?

Manhattan is such a long mission and it has about 20 automatic save points so it is not a wonder that that same savefile that grows bigger and bigger during the mission can get corrupted. Although you said it happened with 1.05and back then corrupted savegames were much more common.

For me corrupted savegames stopped happening after 1.55/1.08 and also saving routine started to work faster. But I still recommend this routine:

Create somewhere a folder "Arma 2 Profile backups" and then move everything from there:

C:\Documents and Settings\H\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\

2010.12.23 Badlands (three cities left to conquer)

2010.12.23 Badlands (two cities left to conquer)

2010.12.23 Badlands (one city left to conquer)

2010.12.30 Dogs Of War (after start animation)

If something goes wrong in savegame then first delete the old profile folder and just copy one of those backups back to replace it.

for some reason the cutscenes are not working well everything comes in slowmotion like when entering the warehouse patch walks in there in time but miles is not and hes telling us to calm down :p, also when lopotev executes miles he is not in the hanger where he is suposed to be, miles walkes in guided by hes guard after hes been shot! scary suff ^^ , although it is irritating i would not say that it is the worst.

several missions not working like they suposed to but so far i managed to work arround it but the mission on FOB manhattan is totally off track!

for example: if a capture that girl and drive to extraction the shopper engages the hidden camp and does not come for extraction, also the radio conversation betwean Shaftoe and cooper are off track it seems cooper only speaks in text of the side chat but you wont hear him say anything. Also if i encounter the girl in the red car from pusta then i don''t see the doctor i think they need to look at this because so now and then i like to replay the former campaign ..

i have plenty of examples the cutscenes the ones with the heave scripting are not working i guess, when the next mission after FOB manhatten begins the one that comes out of the tent begins to speak he walks out verry slow and the conversation just keeps going Shaftoe begins to brief us and hes not even there :s lol ...

anyway because of this reason i wanted to know that it was because of the update or maybe my addons and i reinstalled the game withoud OA, updated it to 1.05 and everything workes fine, i installed arowhead and the updates delivered i don't think i saw a problem here, putted BAF DLC on it updated and again the same problem campaign is off track again it hink it will work fine only with OA but it might be go wrong on the last patch or the one before ...

would be nice if others test it to so they can take it up to the next patch or maybe the one after ...

regards

Experienced the exact same Thing!