Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2, version 1.08 - Patch Released.

Hi, another bug.

- Languages in MP:

The command orders and replyes received from other players don't get translated to the language that you've choosen, it uses the language of the person that's giving you the orders or replying to 'em; this is a problem if your commander or units at your command use russian or czech as their choosen language and same goes for other languages that you may not know. I think that the orders given by other players aswell the reply to your orders should be translate to the language that you've choosen on the game's settings. Let's C ya

Hi, other one...

- The Menus:

The text of the chat box or any in game message of any kind appears on top the menu that's displayed when you hit ESC. Let's C ya

Hi, another one, this one was fixed in the OFP v1.96, appeared again on the ArmA... and is on the ArmA2 too.

- The AI killed Kennedy:

When you're in multiplayer, is very common to see NME AIs facing to one direction (not looking at you) but their fire is directed at you; use to happen more commonly with the Machinegunners and Autoriflemen, but happens with any soldier beyond the 300 or 350m. Let's C ya

Hi, other bug that i almost forgot.

- Swap to sidearm while walking:

Is impossible. You can reload main weapons and RPGs while jogging, walking or walking slowly; but you can't swap to your side weapon nor walking slow, nor walking and also nor jogging. Let's C ya

Hi, a small one.

- Post Processing High:

ArmA2_bug_89.jpg

The glow arround the red dot appears behind the units or objects (trees and such) that you're aiming at; the unit on that screenshot is at 75m, and this are the rest of the settings but with the PP set now to High:

ArmA2_Settings-1.jpg

Let's C ya

Hi, a review and some apointments.

- The AI Killed Kennedy (Part II):

It happened again yesterday, but this tiem it happened wiz an AI that was at no more than 45m from me; i was at it's left, aimed at his left's head side with the ACOG... then it fired a burst (like 5 AKM shots) and killed me while it was looking to the W while i was at it's South. It didn't turned or anything, just squeezed the trigger and his bullets "magicaly" did a 90º turn and killed me, just like the bullet that killed Kennedy.

- Post Processing Set To High & Very High:

With the PP set to High or Very High some werd things happen, if you look at the grass... then the Aimpoint's red dot glows alot making it three times it's size, same happens with the Eotech's cross, but this makes it loose all the detail so it appears as a glowing orb, happens too when you look at bushes or the bushes leafs.

When you're not aiming down the sights... everything look not blurred... look like doubbed, two times the same image at few mm one of the other, creating a kind of disorientation more propper of being very badly drunk or as dehidrated.

Also... the glowing of the sky... the shining of the objects, houses, nature things like trees, grass... the bushes... is too "preternatural"; i think that will be much better if it were tweaked down to realistic values instead try to replicate the effects of eating "magic mushrooms" or copy the silly glowing effects present on games like CODs, BFs, BCs and all those main stream FPShooters. It's sad to see this happening on the ArmA series. Let's C ya

Hi, more PP, models and textures related bugs, now with screenshots.

- Useless Cat Eyes:

ArmA2_bug_90.jpg

At more than 10m the Cat Eyes texture stops glowing with the NVGs, notice that that's with full moon and that it's at our back; they don't even glow without the NVGs, thing that they IRL.

- Through the ACOG:

ArmA2_bug_90b.jpg

Still the same, no use; sad for the "so called most realistic war simulator...".

- IFF Patches:

ArmA2_bug_90c.jpg

Is even worst; glow just the same as the BDU = Un-Re-A-Lis-Tick. Good job BIS!!

- Well Done:

ArmA2_bug_90d.jpg

Check how it looks on the Crewmen... perfect, as it should be but it isn't.

- The Light That Guide Our Lives:

ArmA2_bug_92.jpg

Something like that must had been what they'd seen on Jerusalem that took the three kings to where the 'lil Jessie spawned from Mary, "The Virgin...".

Just one 'lil note... the military paint their thrash into not eye reflective paints and low IR reflective paints for a reason; what we've here is the proof of how wrong the "lube harrier" (same for the rest of the vehicles) is, because the wrong & too strong UV maps, that have effects over the gameplay, like screw your sight and help you spott stopped vehicles that you'll not see or will have it hard to see if they're not on the move. Let's C ya

Hi, more funny bugs on the v1.08.

- SDM (aka the Mothman):

ArmA2_bug_93.jpg

Richard Gere will run back to under the Dalai Lama skirts if he gets to see the bug on the shadows of the Squad Designated Marksman.

- Don't Fix Me, I'm Fine!!, I'm Fine!!!:

ArmA2_bug_94.jpg

We all know the M1911 A1 bug where it looks as jammed when you depleet the magazine or all the ammo, just like the M9; but how many (aside BIS...) knew that the slide's shadow is not animated?. Is weird... because they animated the slide's shadow LOD on the M9 & M9-SD, the M9-SD is the only pistol which slide makes it full way back when you empty the magazine; it don't looks jammed like the M1911 A1 or the M9.

- Officer Brickman (aka Officer Bugman):

ArmA2_bug_95.jpg

The Officer's hands shadows are like bricks. This poor model have most of the bugs that a human model can have all toguether, but hey..! at least can walk!!; let's see...

- His cap don't have shadow LOD.

- His hands have bricks as shadows.

- His boots are not USMC boots.

- His BDU don't have the pockets where or how it should.

- He seem to had gone to have a IOTV in the begining but ended with nothing instead.

- He don't haves any visible ammo pouch but have more slots than the Corpsman.

Not bad for a single model... . At your command!, Officer Brickman!!.

- Don't Shave Your Hears, You'll Scare The Enemys:

ArmA2_bug_96.jpg

Im not sure if it's because the head model or because the texture mapping, i think that's a bit of booth... but the whole Razor Team share "the scary feature" of have hair coming out from inside their hears and also on the ears edges.

In A-Stan the SF units wear beard, we're Marines! we wear the beard in the Ears!!. Let's C ya

Hi, another bug:

Sky Mask:

ArmA2_bug_97.jpg

- When those units look in certain directions you see that the sky mask is not pasted to the rest of the soldier model.

- When you (as player) are one the units with that sky mask... it don't uses any of the glasses on the player's list.

This last thing don't happens with the Spetznats sky mask:

ArmA2_15.jpg

Let's C ya

Hi, this is not a bug itself but is a weird thing allowed by the current animations.

Remi at the left Elsifilitico at the right:

ArmA2_bug_98.jpg

there we've a player imitating a chicken (elsifilitico) while other player is looking stunned the scene (remi). Is weird that the anims don't allows you to walk and fire propperly... but allow you to act as i chicken; i though that i'd needed the OA (and the army...) to do that. Let's C ya

Hi, another bug, this time with the custom faces.

Player Profile:

ArmA2_bug_99.jpg

The eyes appear black on the player's profile head model if you use a custom face, this don't seem to happen with the game's faces. Let's C ya

Hi, some more bugs on the v1.08.

Not Working Ladder:

ArmA2_bug_100.jpg

The ladder on that building don't works, but isn't the only thing that don't works as you'll spect... you can shoot as much as you want through it's 1St floor's glasses without break 'em, tear 'em down or leave any trace that you've open fire through 'em.

Inaccurate Geometry LOD:

ArmA2_bug_101.jpg

On that same building the Geometry LOD is not very accurate, the units that you place on the roof are "floating".

Red Lines:

ArmA2_bug_102.jpg

On the Eotech sights, you see a pair or red lines over and under the crossair, it appears sometimes when you've the normal zoom level and also with the most distant zoom level; it don't happens with the bigger zoom level. Let's C ya

Hi, another one, this time with the Sea.

UFOs And The Sea:

ArmA2_bug_103.jpg

Someone was transporting the MHQ with a MH60, when i'd spawned... i did it on the sea (as the pilot didn't said that was going to take airlift the MHQ to the next AO) i'd looked (cursing and calling names...) to the shore and that's what i'd seen; a serie of growing and decreasing blue, white and black "blobs" in the shore line. I think that's because the .rvmat of the water and the PP set to: Very High.

It wasn't static, it was moving like the front red light in the Knigth Rider, that made that Firebird Trans-Am even, more uggly (in comparison with the Firebird TA 73'/76'); that things appeared after a certain number of waves on the sea. Let's C ya

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. :)

How about rubber handgrenades, AIs inability to use grenade launchers, not recognizing water, and finally standing up when bullets are flying.

-k

Hi, another bug, this time with the voices.

Player's voice don't matches:

When you select any russian, or chernarusian unit... your voice tone don't matches the one that you'd selected in your player's profile. Let's C ya

Hey wipman.

The amount of work you're putting into this, would be excellent to have at A2:OA. I think what you're doing here would make the game better for all. Maybe even enjoyable for you.

Keep up the good work

Hi, thanks, i do it for try to make the ArmA2 better for all; but gonna be hard that i re-install the OA again. Let's C ya