Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Make a UH-1 Huey

I think alot of people would agree that a Huey with an M-60 and open both doors open would be great. It is still used and it was even more used in 1985. I think it would just be awesome if you got an authentic sound for it and you could here it coming. Also it would be cool if you made some dust blow up when the choppers are landing.

Zulu, you're d*amn right, a huey is missing, this chopper is used since vietnam. but forget the idea about the dust blowing up

By 1985, the UH-1 Huey wasn't used in a major way by the U.S. millitary. However, it was used by many third world armies and by civilians. So make it a resistance/civilian weapon

the Huey is still being used. It was used in the Gulf War and if you noticed on TV when the plane crashed into the Pentagon there was a Huey packed on the lawn

The best f**king idea I've ever seen up here...

*bump*

riight..............what kind of huey anyways? they had hueys with remote machineguns, some with rockets, some with door gunners, some with grenade launchers on the nose, or just plane old troop transport?

There could only be one gun shooting on any vehicle or aircraft, so therefore, could only be one door gunner on a huey, therefore, it would be a small version of the blackhawk.  As for a Huey gunship, there's a AH-64 and the cobra, plus the Blackhawk with rockets and the Kiowa with 14 rocktes, I think there's enough flying rocket platforms out there as it is.  I'd rather see these aircrafts with possible different weapon systems, such as miniguns or gun pods than just another aircraft.  But yeah, a Huey would be cool, but I guess we'll have to wait for Operation Vietnam.

-=Die Alive=-

i totally agree

i would like to see a transport huey with a m60 in the door and 2 m60s if they get the "only 1 gun fireing at a time" thing fixed

i would also like to see a loach for spec ops missions

and maybe a bell-47 for the resistance hehe

well i hope the release the SDK soon then we can have what ever we want

Is there anything new about the SDK or any 3rd party ones being developed?

Aussie US forces were still using the huey, not as widely as the UH60 models, but still was being used

A transport Huey like in Tour of Duty with an m60.

And i'd love to be the gunner.

the US Marine Corps still uses the huey. i dont think they even use the blackhawk. just hueys and chinooks for transport

US marines use the twin engined UH1N even now. Their other transports are the CH46 Sea Knight, same layout as the chinook, but smaller, and the CH53 Seastallion and Superstallion. But hueys are common as muck the world over.

There is a saying; "When the last Blackhawk goes to the boneyard, it will arrive there slung under a huey."

I think they'll be around for a while yet.

actually, probably most likely slung under a chinook, they use chinooks to carry things of that sort more often. In OFP a chinook would be cool, but i hate it as a helicopter, first off it basically needs a running start before taking off completly, it has no armor, and its not that fast

The UH-1 Huey was in wide use on the US army on the 80's. It took long time to replace them all. You can bet that many units had it on 1985. The UH-60 was quite new by then and was gradually replacing the venerable UH1.

It would be wonderful to have it on the game.

What It was not flying by 1985 was the Warrior OH58.

The Kiowa was in use them. It is basically the same airframe but lacks the optics and harware. It also have a different rotor and some other stuff (for not going into detailsm like engine......)

What I do feel is that we have to make even the forces strengt with the russian equipement.

BIS can also add the MI-2 for reccon purposes and the Ka-29 or the latest versions of the Mi24.

BTW the new addon is for weapons that did not exist by 1985 like the GS36 (nice assault rifle)

ahah.. I was just about to re-start one of the Huey threads here (there have been a heap, but most are so old I cant find them when searching anymore).

The Huey would be ideal for this game.. mainly as a troop transport... Id prefer not to see it armed with rockets, but with M60 either side would be hella cool.

Personally I'd like to see the UH-1H (upgraded 1D) variant, which was the longer bodied one. The 1N had the pointy nose, which looked s**te imho.

Please BIS add the Huey! I can hear that heavy rotor sound already biggrin.gif

(Edited by WTFonslaught at 4:04 am on Nov. 26, 2001)

AUstralia still uses them too... bloody slow things though, and you can hear them coming for miles... but they look and sound cool..

BIS could still put a m-60 on each door... just have one inoperative... or have the gunner able to change positions by pressing space... (ie. change weapon)

Guest Scooby

Its just one of the worthless additions I hope not to see as addon...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 9:40 am on Nov. 27, 2001

Its just one of the worthless additions I hope not to see as addon...<span id='postcolor'>

Just like your f**king post hu??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 9:40 am on Nov. 27, 2001

Its just one of the worthless additions I hope not to see as addon...

<span id='postcolor'>

Well said Scooby