Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Make a UH-1 Huey

why add a chopper that doesnt bring anything new to the game?...better add something that makes a difference....a mortar smile.gif

Plus, it is a complete waste of a new addon. We are probably not going to get many more addons (if any) from BIS so could you all please stop requesting such worthless sh*t....? Just because it looks cool or whatever....there are already FIVE helicopters in the game as I have said and I will be pissed off if you people waste an addon that could potentially be something that brings something new to the game. Wait until modders start modelling things, then you will get your Huey....until then there is absolutely no point in adding one to the game.

To whoever said 'If it exist and can be put in the game it should be put in it', remember that the number of addons BIS are likely to give us from now on is getting smaller and smaller

I just don't want to see the next Addon and BIS time wasted on a f*cking Huey so that the little armchair specops-wanks can go 'kool man that rocks now I can stroke my bellend even more when I play my spec ops missions'

so to summarise

1) It's a waste of our precious remaining addons

2) It adds nothing new to the game

3) There are already FIVE perfectly good US helicopters for you to fly

so there is NO POINT in adding a Huey

lol, no

and I have NO idea what coulda given you that impression

Huh....?

And what has it got to do with this discussion....? In case you haven't noticed, this is a GAME

Quote-armchair specops-wanks

Thought you may be in specops or somthun. But any person with any knowledge of militarty or in the military knows that Specops don not use the huey. They have more sophiticated aircraft

I agree, but i would love to see an

MH-53E Sea Dragon

Actually the Huey still has a big role in the US military because UH-60 is used for air assault, air cavalry, and aeromedical evacuation units.

I would love to see the Huey and a MH-53 in a mod

Oh yeah, actually, I forgot, I am in the SAS biggrin.gif

hahaha

anyway, I can use the term 'armchair spec ops' even if I am not in the military, surely....? Implying that it is someone who just sits and home and wishes they were one, but they are too young/fat/stupid

anyway

If BI are going to add any more choppers at least add something which is usefull :

Bell Model 47 (The Medic Chopper Off MASH - 2 stretchers)

Boeing (Mc Douglas) MD-500 Defender (The Small Choppers Off Apocalypse Now) - Weaps inc TOW/Stinger/Gun Pods/Rocket Pods

Kamov Ka-50 Hokum - 1982 First Flight

Mi-11 a huge side-by-side 2 rotor transport chopper, at least 90 troops and cargo.

Mil Mi-28 Havoc - 1982 First Flight/successor to the Hind

Kamov Ka-25 Hormone - island hopping chopper /2 pilots/12 passengers (1961 onwards), weaps inc torpedoes/depth charges/door MG

If anything at least 1 Russian chopper to balance the numbers a little, or a couple a varients each for the Mi-17 and Hind

Mi-17 Diff weaps inc Swatter/Spiral/Gun pods/12.7mm MG instead of the Thimble Radar on the nose.

Hind - Mi-24P has 2 door mounted 23mm cannons/Mi-35 has a twin 23mm gun turret on the nose. Also artillery recce and internal security versions have been built

(Edited by Bilko at 6:31 pm on Dec. 6, 2001)

bilko the Bell 47 wasn't used anymore in the 80's, they have medivac black hawks and hueys. i suggest the Bell 47 with rocket pods mounted on the sides for the resistence wink.gif

well my thing with the bell 47 with rocket pods is it'll look goofy and give you a good laugh wink.gif

Bell47 with rocket pods vs a Hind, GO BELL!!! tounge.gif

Yeah, but this is the resistance....how are they going to afford all that helicopter fuel and rockets too....?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from GFX707 on 12:34 am on Dec. 4, 2001

Yeah, but this is the resistance....how are they going to afford all that helicopter fuel and rockets too....?<span id='postcolor'>

i suppose they would just look under rocks and stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from GFX707 on 12:34 am on Dec. 4, 2001

Yeah, but this is the resistance....how are they going to afford all that helicopter fuel and rockets too....?<span id='postcolor'>

i suppose they would just look under rocks and stuff.

I agree with the "No Huey" lads , waste of a good add-on IMHO , also the bell 47 .

I think maybe 1 more Russian Chopper , but I would like more ground vehicles , BTR-80 , LAV-25, AAV7

yeah well if we had the SDK that allowed new vehicles etc. to be added then we would be requesting BIS to give us new vehicles.

And GFX707... as for you being pissed if we "Waist" a good add-on... Rack of hairy before I call the pound. There are alot of people who want the Huey, and a lot of people who want other add-ons, some of which I disagree with, But you don't see me going "Waaaaa mummy" about it.

Complain about the stupid requests / ideas... but not the reasonable requests asking for vehicles that did exist, and were used during the period in which OFP is set.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Frizbee on 2:09 am on Dec. 5, 2001

Complain about the stupid requests / ideas... but not the reasonable requests asking for vehicles that did exist, and were used during the period in which OFP is set.

<span id='postcolor'>

I agree with that and I agree that the Bell 47 is out of date, but is still used as a crop sprayer to this day, plus if the military have a number of these choppers they do not throw them away when new tech comes about, they are phased out gradually, Mi-17's are still in use as are Hind's and they are not top of the range equipment.

However by 1985 it was old tech so the Resistance idea is a good point as they are a bit limited in hardware (As it should be), I think they sould have something else apart from the cessna in the air.

How about an Antonov AN-2 "Colt" for the civilians. A very ordinary crop duster in the Warsaw Pact countries and it can (of course) take off from improvised fields or even plain ground. It´s neat too you know =)

A Huey would be nice. Just remember that chopper would the 7th chopper BIS hands to the US whereas Soviet still only got 2 Whippers. wink.gif

I could be wrong in this respect... but didn't the Soviets concentrate on making several varieties of the same helicopters to save production costs etc.?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Frizbee on 4:09 am on Dec. 5, 2001

yeah well if we had the SDK that allowed new vehicles etc. to be added then we would be requesting BIS to give us new vehicles.

And GFX707... as for you being pissed if we "Waist" a good add-on... Rack of hairy before I call the pound. There are alot of people who want the Huey, and a lot of people who want other add-ons, some of which I disagree with, But you don't see me going "Waaaaa mummy" about it.

<span id='postcolor'>

I reaaaaaalllllly reaaaalllllly do think you are missing the point here.

WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER f**kING US HELICOPTER YOU SIMPLE IMBECILES

Man If you dont want all the vehicles you can get you are wrong and your opinion GFX amounts to about as much as my little toe so SHUT-up and Move out