Sign in to follow this  
MDRZulu

Make a UH-1 Huey

lol, don't you see

The Blackhawk offers you exactly the same function as the huey does so use that AND BE HAPPY

just because its not in whatever vietnam film you are all currently wanking over, tough s**t

I agree, there is absolutely no need whatsoever in any possible way that you could imagine in all fairness that we need even half of a new helicopter to add to the mounting collection.

if any of you have something again adding a new chopper just remove the pbo of the chopper in your addon dir. and don t mess with who wants to add new vehicles.

I agree with GFX, there is no need for another helicopter, we have enough, we need more tanks, I mean, BIZ release APCs but the russians only have 2 tanks, NATO only has 2 tanks and the resistance only has one, so I think we need tanks. Jesus people, do you have a fettish for helicopters?

Tanks? We need tanks? Why? Just how many different MBT´s do you think the US and Soviet field? 2 tanks per nation is enough. Maybe more IFV´s but since Soviet got 2 versions of the BMP now and the US got the Bradley, I don´t see the need for more armoured fighting veichles. Let´s add those APC´s instead if any, the BTR70 or 80 and MT-LB to the Soviets and BTR-152K for the resistance. =)

Whats needed in frank are more professional BIS made coop missions (they only made a few rather boring ones) , more infantry tools/weapons (not necessarily just more rifles) and possibly static defences such as more static machine guns, artilelry etc. imo.

Definately not more Helos, and it isnt a case of "if you dont like it remove it"

Its a case of Sure if its added then fine, thats al lwel land good, but to start with if theres going to be a new addon it definately should not be any more choppers.

Three, in the case of the USSR at the moment. Am I the only one that's noticed that a T-90 has appeared after patch 1.3, complete with AT11 missiles? Check it out in the mission editor.

P.S. Although looking closer, the 3D of this vehicle is identical to the T-80, but I don't remember D/L ing a user addon this vehicle anywhere...

(Edited by Wardog at 3:47 pm on Dec. 11, 2001)

That's either kegetys's T-90 or the one that came with the skinheads addon

Must be Kegety's then. Very nice job, though I wonder if any AFV built in that configuration could be that tough.

As said before a few more varients to the Mi-17 and Hind would suffice in balancing the sides chopper wise :

Other than that the abolishment of the East M2 MG for a proper static 20mm cannon on the hand portable revolving base 360 degrees, or at least a proper Russian MG, as it just looks crap.

Also a couple more Light Tanks/APC/Armoured Cars for both East and West

The Resistance should not be given too much as then they would be another competant armed force, which considering they have just stopped farming and picked up a few AK's. They should not be able to compete with East / West, they should be able to annoy the crap out of them.

If they can be arsed maybe 1 Russian Attack Chopper, but I'm not holding my breath.

The only thing needed is the Mi-6 Hook, I've always thought it was strange why they added the Kiowa when all we needed was the Hook, it's what the russians needed after the chinook was added.

ru_monino_helo_mi6_02.jpg

Rotor diameter: 35 m (115 ft)  

Length: 33.3 m (109 ft)

Empty weight: 27240 kg

Maximum takeoff weight: 42500 kg

Max speed: 300 km/h

Troops: 70

Ok, dont know if it still was in service in 85 (have been around since the 50's) but if it wasn't, well add mi-26 instead.

ru_helo_mi26_02.jpg

Rotor diameter: 32 m (105 ft)  

Length: 33.8 m (111 ft)

Cargohold Length: 12 meters

Cargohold Width: 3.3 meters

Empty weight: 28200 kg

Maximum takeoff weight: 56000 kg

Cruising speed: 255 km/h or 183 mph

Max speed: 295 km/h

Troops: 90

Nice, Got any pix of the Mi-11 The Double rotor transport helocopter.

a question about aircraft?

why do they have those spikes ont he front?

like the su25 in ofp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Bilko on 11:15 pm on Dec. 11, 2001

Nice, Got any pix of the Mi-11 The Double rotor transport helocopter.<span id='postcolor'>

Only a few:

From Paul Nann's homepage:

pn_w1140.jpg

And one from Helicopter History Site:

mi12.jpg

From Air Force Museum at Monino:

15.jpg

http://www.monino.8m.com/15.jpg

From Russian Aviation Museum:

mi-12.jpg

(Edited by Axelthorpe at 12:09 am on Dec. 12, 2001)

the spikes are pitot tubes. They mesaure speed of the aircraft by the speed oft the air

There she blows, what a chopper.

Although it looks like a Bulldog licking piss off a thorn, it is an answer to the chinook, as well as the Hook, but this thing has a 90 + troop capacity, and 1 version was rumoured to be able to carry an amphibious version of the T-55, although it sounds far fetched.

This thread is...crap basically. Just 'we need a Huey', 'no we don't' and very very boring. Well I stand with GFX707 on this topic all the way. But I can almost garantee that we'll have a UH-1N by April/March(?) when BIS release an ultimate addon cd containing loads of extra vehicles, aircraft and foot units from VBS all for OFP. Its likely to contain all sorts of stuff from the Huey (or latest varients) to LAV and AAVs to Harriers and probably also Russian stuff like the Havoc and Mi-6, ####, it may even contain completely unconnect additions such as Australian stuff. Well until then I don't see it likely that an SDK will be released, maybe later (much later).

*bump*

I hope you are right (love the Huey).

Do you think VBS will rectify the problem where a vehilcle can only fire one weapon at a time ? (preventing two side door guns?)

The UH(Utility Helicopter)-60 and UH-1 are basically the same helicpter.

The Blackhawk is just larger in every way.

BIS can easily add a second door-gunner to the Blackhawk. They're just lazy.

The UH-1 is still heavily used today. And is mainly a chopper used by officers.

The huey is a classic symbol of the US the blackhawk isnt.

is it just me or does my name say deleted member? I must have pissed bis off.

I dont think I did anything.... maybe they dont like me saying we need a huey or something? Who knows? I dont. You bastards why did you delete me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from FetishFool on 11:53 pm on Dec. 24, 2001

BIS can easily add a second door-gunner to the Blackhawk.  They're just lazy.

<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunatly that isn't the case...OFP is plagued by a bug which means only one weapon can be fired from a unit at any one time, thereby making two door gunners (cammander machine gun fixings on tanks, AC-130s, usable gun ports on the BMPs and Bradley, etc.) impossible since when a soldier enters a vehicle they become part of the same unit.

It appears as if VBS has worked around this, but whether BIS release a patch to correct OFP, remains to be seen, I would doubt it.

The Jub-Jub Bird