Sign in to follow this  
Max255

Suprising things which BI had "hide" from us

Well, not exactly "hide" but they finally done this few "things".

I know the discussion about VBS2 is not allowed - but I don't want to discuss the sim itself - only the few features that have been done for it recently. And could be done for A2/OA...

Be warned. Don't get yourself on the floor at 3:18...

iEJDA7ACi1I

Perhaps render to texture? Real Virtuality engine was not getting it for a long time...

Problem with Arma 2 versus VBS2 is that, as you know, one is a civilian product, one is a military product, with a massive price difference between the two, and as such, you only get what you pay for.

Yeah, but think in the other way. Termal imaging which we get with OA was done for a long time in VBS. Maybe BI would go same way with render to texture. It might take some time - but there's a chance we can get it...

Problem with Arma 2 versus VBS2 is that, as you know, one is a civilian product, one is a military product, with a massive price difference between the two, and as such, you only get what you pay for.

Exacly, One is worth up to 1,000 dollars. The other is 30 quid.

Yeah, that render to texture is cool. The dynamic view distance would also be worthwhile, and also would only minimally dilute the civilian/military markets. (Might also be doable via script, too.) ;)

I think people would be surprised at how... underwhelming the whole package of VBS2 is, at least for casual players.

The reason for that is its aimed at the military market to people who would find the abundance of extra feautres would be just great. As they would utilize them and the product to the fullest potential.

Casual Players wont notice all the work thats gone into it, due to the fact, well we like "shoot 'em ups" and not "real" military simulators. Hence why ArmA II will not go as far as VBS to any part any time soon.

I didn't know that - nice render to texture and those mirrors are very nice

Didnt even notice those. Neat. :D

Bluring the lines does not change the fact your are discussing VBS2 features.

Thread closed