Sign in to follow this  
Pulverizer

Combine half-spent magazines into one full

Uhh, what? :( That has got to be a bug!
No it is no bug. When you take the weapon back it chooses the fullmags first...I was talking about "spare magazines" in cargo, and crates usually have plenty of magazines in it.

Ahh, ok, yeah full mags first I have no issues with. Sounded to me like I could store the mags in any vehicle and get fresh ones out. Would have ruined EW i.e., or any mission where ammo conservation is a key thing.

But as seen in the discussion above, some want it done gameplay oriented but unrealistic (ie, rather fast and simple), others want it realistic and less gamey (takes long time, only to be used when plenty of time ahread ... )

Who's wrong, who's right? I'm not one to tell, thus the scripting way is a far better way to acheive it => give true ammo scripting commands, leave it to the players to adapt it to their taste

It's a basic feature, therefore it should be in the base game much like healing or repairing. But sure, scripting commands would be better than nothing. Then one could use a simple addon that allows refilling mags.

If recovering from gunshot wounds and repairing a thrashed main battle tank back to mint condition take less than 10 seconds, then why should refilling a magazine take 30 or 60? ACE can simulate it to a realistic gameplay destroying degree but vanilla should be reasonably fast just like everything else. Who's right? BIS is right when it comes to the vanilla game, addons/mods can be used when you want to change something to more/less realistic.

Edited by Pulverizer

There should also be a feature for brushing your teeth. I mean If I don't brush my breath feels all stinky-- how am I supposed to get any work done?

-k

You can simulate that by brushing your teeth in real life because it doesn't have any gameplay effects. Refilling mags would, so, why don't you shut up?

Well I'm much into roleplaying, so I wouldn't mind physiological effects to downgrade my abilities. G-forces (black and red outs in planes), mild hypothermia (shivers and aiming problems due weather and temperature), asphyxia (endurance, blur and tunnel vision due i.e. blast shock), hypoxia (HALO without oxygen, lol :D).

Not eating and teeth brushing :D That would have to be a Bethesda game or something :)

There should also be a feature for brushing your teeth. I mean If I don't brush my breath feels all stinky-- how am I supposed to get any work done?

-k

tenchars of

+1

Oh, the irony. Plus one-shitpost plus oneing a fail sarcasm shitpost.

If you don't anything to contribute, do it somewhere else, please.

Funny, I seem to be identifying your post as a "shitpost" as well.

@Ulanthorn

Yes, I know that no soldier would drop his mags in real life. I was referring to players/AI though, and unfortunately many of the players play like this is BF2. If I ever had to drop mags (If BI ever adds a weight system or anything, or if BI includes this feature and I play ACE again) I would leave them someplace where I could pick them back up later on, but if I was leading a fireteam that was hunting for an enemy sniper, if that sniper wasn't thinking properly, it could be used to track him... ;)

Yeah, that happens when people get away with one shitpost. It starts a shit cascade that will irreversibly derail a thread and fill it with shit.

Oh, the irony. Plus one-shitpost plus oneing a fail sarcasm shitpost.

If you don't anything to contribute, do it somewhere else, please.

tencharsof

I believe nKenny's post was a reductio ad absurdum argument.

Edited by Max Power

I don't know latin but I assume that translates to "being a jackass" argument.

Would you seriously argue that combining half-empty magazines would be as useless as brushing your teeth in a video game context?

Combining mags would have a very evident purpose in less hectic missions. Would you rather take two magazines with 10 bullets each, than one with 20?

How could not brushing your teeth have any meaningful gameplay effects unless the mission lasted several days real time? You don't even eat in the game.

Edited by Pulverizer