Sign in to follow this  
-=2RTR=- Somnus

Large Gripe about PMC DLC!

I am stumped as to why supposed currently-serving members of PMCs are openly posting about their jobs on a video game forum... And, again, you failed to simply ignore the people looking to cause shit. :rolleyes:

[quote name=Tonci87;1769931 As said before' date=' there are already a few (really good) movies and lots of literature about this subject. I would love to see some Games about it too.

If someone is interested in knowing more about the topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatian_War_of_Independence

If you're interested to see some videos, go to this link.

In this one u can see briefly hows looking Operation Storm, Croatian and huge parts of Bosnia and Hezegovina liberation operation .

The operation lasted only 72 hours, after that the war in the Balkans stopped.

There you will find plenty of well-tailored videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEKWg_IlhQ&feature=related

Croatian liberation of Knin

PS

appearance and environment is quite similar to ARMA2 :)

Edited by zampe

I am stumped as to why supposed currently-serving members of PMCs are openly posting about their jobs on a video game forum... And, again, you failed to simply ignore the people looking to cause shit. :rolleyes:

I understand mate...

But, if you read my posts I have not at any point compromised my COMSEC or PERSEC... When information or conversation was started on the area around Kosovo I replied that I "can't talk about it". Which I can't... Thus I can't see what the problem is and I was having a laugh with Neo or whatever as his post about us all being criminals etc was a very overt attempt to get a rise.... Thus I replied with the joke about eating children which was just that a joke... As I had very over cooked brussel sprouts and sandwich meat for dinner with a nice bottle of water that has that lovely 'sat in the sun too long' taste to it... The food is worst then an British scoff house, where I am and thats saying something...

Anyways... All the best...

hey fella's first of good luck out there to any PMC\PSC and any serving soldiers!

anyways IMHO i understand where many of you PMC's come from, and so what if they want to do there job but want to make a lil more money doing it. after all no matter how long you live in "Combat", you still eventually have to return from war an live in "Real Life"(just like any soldier)! so why not try to make a few extra bucks for your hard earned time spent in the line of duty! I was never a PMC\PSC but i know a few who are friends with my familly, one inpaticular is police officer here where i live. he is a good honest man who served as a Airborne Ranger for many years here in the U.S. and has 2 kids and a wife, he aint some money hungry...blood thursty hired killer...him and his team or unit or whatever they call them selfs are normal guys who just use the skills they have learned while serving their country in the Army(and one from his unit that i know of that was USMC Force Recon), and applyed them same skills to being a PMC...working for the same county they did while serving in the "Official" Army\USMC..ext. expect like someone already said...the only difference is instead of "Uncle Sam" signing your pay check, someone else is(but like the government..or who ever signed my pay check in the mil) the money that i got was hard earned money that came from the hard working ppl of my country...all in all its still some lazy guy in some office behind a desk that writes checks(whether in uniform with the us military patch on his shirt, or wether the guys has a PMC patch on his shirt)!

and like said aswell above, PMC\PSC's have just as strick if not stricker ROE as any soldier from a NATO country! and for those that say what about the Blackwater fella's on all them Youtube Vids...well what about all the guys who did that shit in Vietnam..OIF\EF(iraq\a-stan), and even back in ww2\ww1 whether anyone belives so or not..hell PMC's have been around since the american civial war! and dont forget that like anyone else that gets cought doing shit like that..gets in trouble..and PMC's jsut like Normal\Offical soldiers they can, and do get incriminated for there acts and will serve prision time(or other forms of punishment)! and unlike what everyone thinks its not just us "Evil Americans" that do that shit...every country can suffer that same fate..its not about what...but who! ppl are in control of there own decissions..no one else, not even in the military(well..atleast no one in the military could have forced me to shoot someone in cold blood, unless it was a justified act..like my life....or theirs) and for the vid i saw of the blackwater PMC's in iraq...where they was riding around shooting at civy's....well even offical soldiers(not just u.s. army or usmc guys) but britts\aussies\dutch..ect(yeah even you guys aint perfect) do that shit...but like i said it aint some crazyed Evil American blood thrusty USMC squad, or Britt fella's dieing to mix some blood in with thier tea, for after noon tea time...its individual asswipes that act on thier own(or group of asswipes) and also like some offical military units they may be stationed in the middle of no where, with no one watching them, and i can promise in the situation that many of yous on here would be doing things you shouldnt be doing unless you have 110% contal over your actions..and are not a moron...and it dont make ppl bad if they screw up..like for example(and this is my personal life before the military so please no desrespecting comments about this) but before i joined the military i use to do bad things like steal shit..sell shit..smoked hella weed...and much more but its because i simply choose to allow others to dictate my actons..and be a moron, but i changed and got my life back(plus i was only a very young teen\kid pretty much) so say i was in iraq and i let others dictate my actions..n i killed some civy's, yeah..im at fualt but that dont make me some crazed azz killer..what if i had seen so much and been throw alot and just was unstalbe? yeah still its my fault and no way around that but that dont mean im a cold blooded\heatless killer, i just need help...and btw its war...war is a drug in its own right..and i can tell you from my personal experance...drugs change even the best and most honest ppl in the world...so does war!

well thats all and yeah what i wrote may not make sence or may seem hipacritical but thats because its hard to explain in words what im actualy tryinhg to say, so if i made a point that makes no sence please share...and incase no ones gets my point...MY POINT IS: no one is perfect and you cannt judge them all the same..or by others opinions of another person! you have a brain use it..make your own judgments and actions! and dont let others make them for you!

Dave

Even if BIS makes them evil, I'll still think they are cool. You don't get to fire tacticool guns or drive a suv in the military.

Just imageine this DLC portrays that one merc company that is like Blackwater.

Blackwater isn't evil, its the few troops that are insane, why do you make it sound bad?

I am stumped as to why supposed currently-serving members of PMCs are openly posting about their jobs on a video game forum...

I am stumped as to why supposed currently-serving members of national armies are openly posting about their jobs on a video game forum... ;)

Volunteer soldiers are fighting and killing because their propaganda/religion told them to do so.

Drafted soldiers are fighting and killing because they are forced to do so.

Professional soldiers are fighting and killing because this is their goverment pays them for.

PMCs are fighting and killing because this is their employer pays them for.

@Dave (soldier####)

...Say again your last?

No joking aside mate... It is very true that war can change most... I don't know if that fits my bill though. No matter what I've been through my parents and wife never notice a difference in my personality. Kinda odd... I've also done Paramedicine in Africa and some of the stuff I delt with there was really messing some of the lads up, but call me crazy, I felt... Nothing... I still feel nothing... Not sure if thats a bad thing or a good thing, but War does not change everyone... I think sometimes thats just an excuse for people and sour ethical conduct.

But that's just the way I see it... Although all my mates say I should have been born prior to WWII or maybe as far back as the chivalrace knights of old... Honour is worth more then your life. Without Honour we are nothing more then the scum killing woman over donkeys in this filthy country.

If theres one thing that I will pass on to my son it will be that Honour over rules everything. With it everything falls into it's place.

First!

I served almost a decade in the British Army as a frontline soldier in the Infantry, Tanks and lastly Recce. I am now working as a freelancer and I am witting this from Southern Afghanistan.

I am a Team Leader on a PSD team and have Nepalese and Ex-pats working under me.

I understand that there is a huge misunderstanding about my line of work and releasing a DLC that paints us with another dark brush in my view is very ignorant and self destructive. The average US soldier costs $22,000 a month to have in-country and the average Freelance Operator is only $15,000 and has to do far more varied roles.

There is a very large difference compared to the dirty word that is "Mercenary" and that which we are now. I have never in all my years compromised my honour or hoped to get "blooded" as the daft American's tend to do. It would seem that simple minds have latched onto the media storm that was "Blackwater" and is now "Xe"... Just because one silly little religious zealot yank allowed his lads to shoot everything they could doesn't mean that we are all like this.

If one was to pick up a history book one would also see that this National Service thing is very new and has never been done up until the last hundred years. Serving ones country is actually the new concept. Two things have been around since the beginning of man and those are: Prostitutes and Freelances.

All, I ask of you is that you try to curb this ridiculous misconception that we are all ruthless blood thirsty badies. It's not like that at all. most of the lads I have worked with have left the Army and Royal Marines because they were sick of the politics, and getting paid nothing for risking their lives for countries that don't care about their soldiers anyway.

How much press is put out about a soldiers death in a far off land that none of you will ever visit? None... How much press is put out about Paris Hiltons recent sex videos? Loads, and never ending... Well... These are some of the reasons I left... Nobody cares about soldiers. My wife would have gotten 20,000 pounds sterling if I died serving the UK when I was in Iraq in 2003 on Op Telic 1! And this is what the people and the government see as good compensation for my life and hers being destroyed. Well instead I can afford to pay for Millions of pounds of life insurance now and also have bought a house, cars and have money for my son to go to University once he is older. That seems a little more equal to the worth of my life. I also still get to do something that I am good at and love, and further to that I only spend 10 weeks away from my family instead of 8 months! Works for me and many other. But don't be fooled we don't have SF lads on standby to save us if the shit hits the fan we are on our own walking to Pakistan through the desert is a very real truth.

So before you start labeling us as "evil" and "murderers" and working both sides of the fence please just get comms with someone like me and listen to our side of whats going on as oppose to the merchants of chaos that is the media. We, as the boots on the ground don't care about selling news but we can elaborate on the facts.

Furthermore don't ever think that you can walk off the street and get into this line of work. The vetting is outrageous nowadays. Criminal background checks, military service checks, medicals, references, shots, and the other oodles of hoops we have to jump through for each and every contract are just getting higher and higher.

Don't ever forget we all served our countries and most if not all have fought for them and your rights too!

P.S. Just spent a load on a laptop that can run ArmA 2 and all DLC to help my rotations flyby! Best games I have ever played, been playing em since Operation Flashpoint 1985... Finally we can also play from the UK side of things, I can't be the only one sick of the American story or war. Please don't ruin my high opinion with false media fed ignorance. Thank you gentlemen that is me.

I agree with you in principle, but you aren't accurately portraying American based security companies and are falling into the exact same trap you're whining about.

Another media zombie.

I agree with you in principle, but you aren't accurately portraying American based security companies and are falling into the exact same trap you're whining about.

Can you elaborate on why?

@Clavicula_nox4817

Unfortunately my first contract was with an American company. They got $500 million for a one year contract from the DOD, they refused to issue us with body armour and our M4's fired rounds sideways at 25m plus they skimmed $30,000 off the top of our annual wage after we had arrived in country for pure profit, but still expected us to travel outside the wire and perform our duties as RRT/QRF/SWAT... I will never work for a Yank company as long as I live no mater how much the contract is paying as a result. I also found the ex-Navy Seals to be of a sub-standard and rather full of themselves and a Force Recce lad that couldn't zero his M4... But there were two ex-USMC's lads that were sound, but mostly because they were discusted with America. Oh, and an ex-Ranger who was a good lad... But he was older and a lot less loud.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I really dont have much more to add as I will start to comprimise my PERSEC/COMSEC... and the lads are watching a movie...

I am glad that we have gotten some issues and misconceptions about the differences between Mercs, PMC's, and PSC's out in the open. If I can pass some information on to one person that can pass it on around their office and then we can get opinions to a point were everyone looses interest and forgets that we even exist then I am a happy camper...

Cheers again lads for all your imput be it good or bad... Freedom of speech and all that jazz... All the best... Big trouble in little china is calling!