Sign in to follow this  
microlime

Which Version of Tonal Do I use?

I wanted to know which version I need to play Tonal because when I searched for it and I found 2 versions:Tonal Redux(filefront) and Tonal + OPFOR Pack 1.2 by BAS(from OFPEC website)

Wrong topic

1. Old Tonal has maps with jungles.

2. New don't have any jungle :(

3. Campaign from Old is hard, but very nice ;)

4. This same campaign in Redux version unfortunately has a lot of small bugs ;)

5. New has zombie pack inside. Old not.

6. In Redux are a lot of excellent missions.

7. In Redux are russian and african mercenaries .

8. etc

Choice is Yours

Edited by Bielow

Tonal Redux + Special Forces is way better. You can run it safely with other addons. Scenery changed from jungle to bush warfare.

Tonal Redux + Special Forces is way better. You can run it safely with other addons. Scenery changed from jungle to bush warfare.

Agreed. I love Tonal redux and its african bush atmosphere. It just lacks some wild animals...

Scenery changed from jungle to bush warfare.

It's also a lot better for performance (at least for me).

Though i have a slight preference for the Redux version, both version have a different ambiance and are worth it in my opinion.

Get both and use mod folders to play with one sometime and another one when you feel like it.

Well heres a vote for the first version while Redux diffidently looks better I like the original theme better.

STGN

Most missions and campaigns use the old version of Tonal, like Nominesine's Blue Skies, for example. I currently have the old one running as I am playing through that campaign. I haven't got around to re-downloading the new one.

No reason you can't have both installed. :)

Like Snafu said, if you want to play missions designed with Tonal, most of them have been designed with the older version, so I'd suggest using that. If it's just for general use, then definitely get Tonal Redux. Better quality.

You can also use original Tonal island with OPFOR Redux. This way you'll get nice jungle map, nice units (a lot nicer than original BAS OPFOR) and old missions will still work (on new map some places are changed, that's why missions are not compatible with Tonal Redux, difference between org. Opfor and Redux are only models of units).