Sign in to follow this  
brit~XR

Why do Servers with mods show yellow

Just wondering why servers show yellow soon as you load a mod on it. Because any server showing yellow with players on it wont show at top of game list with all the other servers and server becomes half empty with hardly anyone joining.

I noticed this the last few days when our server went from green to yellow

I normally click refresh and wait for all servers to load then click on player tab to get list of all populated servers.

And i wasnt even aware till now that servers with players that show yellow end up at bottom of list below 0 player green servers. Just seems supid.

Our server was green and always full till we added a island pack on it. And even when playing standard islands

arma2oa2010092720044134.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

arma2oa2010092720042355.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I believe the yellow icon with the question mark is simply a warning icon stating that the game can't guarantee you connecting to the server with your mods will work 100% fine.

Yeah, sucks though, same as running the betas, you end up with an empty server.

Yes, but you can't sort all servers as 1 group. You have to check 2 groups of results to find most interesting server. You need to scroll about 2 or 3 screens to see 2nd group. Annoying

Seems Server will show green to any person that has same mods as server. But servers with players that show yellow should appear at top of list with rest of the servers and not below 0 player green servers. :@

That way they will see the server and know they mite need addons to play.

For a player to download addons for your server. First they gotta notice that server. And yellow status servers appearing below 0 player green servers gets them less noticed.

And theres alot of people that not even aware of what the yellow icon means

This is excact reason why i stopped using mods on my server. I can have a full 32player server with a green icon - or i can have a server with 5 players and a yellow icon. Some patches ago i could have a server with 0 players and a red icon.

[HUD]Dorph - you are right, this is a problem, becouse all connect to green servers, but this yellow question show if server have only serverside addons too, not needed on the client side. Before latest patches all be fine, if server use only serverside addons - you can put mods in the game addon folder on the server - and server be green, but with latest patches - always yellow ....

And if server green - you got full server with peoples, if server yellow - then you have a emty server. With this yellow sign serverside mods unusable, no one of players don't have serverside addons instaled...

Edited by ALHSLeo