Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

First Downloadable Game But Not Impressed

Instead of using the downloader, I just opted to directly download the files. Worked like a charm.

Instead of using the downloader, I just opted to directly download the files. Worked like a charm.

In future I will do that, now that I know the "recommended" option does not work :)

The recommended option does work, and when having good bandwidth, you better chose it, it's way faster than the direct download link.

Exactly what I wrote above, and why this whole thread is very badly presented : the thing works, better than alternative solution. But lacks 1 step in documentation

The recommended option does work, and when having good bandwidth, you better chose it, it's way faster than the direct download link.

Exactly what I wrote above, and why this whole thread is very badly presented : the thing works, better than alternative solution. But lacks 1 step in documentation

The "recommended option" does NOT always work! there are several replies on this thread that confirm this! I downloaded the direct link & it was as fast as my bandwidth allowed me to download, so I was very happy with the 'direct download link' :)

This "whole thread" just highlights the 'SERIOUS' flaw in the downloader :rolleyes: Quote: "but lacks 1 instruction in documention"?, you make it sound so trivial :annoy: I'm beginning to think you coded the downloader whisper :D

Well, all I can tell you is that the recommended option did NOT work for me. I was instructed that the download would auto-install when downloaded, and it did not, which meant I had to go looking for it, and I wasn't informed where it was. It's not a big deal, but obviously something isn't working.

The "recommended option" does NOT always work! there are several replies on this thread that confirm this! I downloaded the direct link & it was as fast as my bandwidth allowed me to download, so I was very happy with the 'direct download link' :)

This "whole thread" just highlights the 'SERIOUS' flaw in the downloader :rolleyes: Quote: "but lacks 1 instruction in documention"?, you make it sound so trivial :annoy: I'm beginning to think you coded the downloader whisper :D

Absolutely not, but I was like you and prefered the direct download until I could compare both solution, and dropped the direct download immediatly.

Both things did the same job : download the installer. Only, the downloader worked 10x faster.

I don't get why you trash one solution when the other method you used do the exact same thing, ie download the installer .exe, with the only difference being that the downloader doesn't indicate where the files end. End of story, both methods do the same.

)rStrangelove;1754230']Hardly have the time anymore' date=' so i gave up on it. (watching, not thinking) ;)[/quote']

:) :thumb:

I don't get why you trash one solution when the other method you used do the exact same thing, ie download the installer .exe, with the only difference being that the downloader doesn't indicate where the files end. End of story, both methods do the same.

They might do exactly the same thing, but the point is that they're not meant to do the exact same thing. One is supposed to install itself after download, which it does not, and it doesn't inform you where the file goes, meaning that you have to search it out. For a first time customer, there is no indication that there is no control over file download location on the recommended option.

They might do exactly the same thing, but the point is that they're not meant to do the exact same thing. One is supposed to install itself after download, which it does not, and it doesn't inform you where the file goes, meaning that you have to search it out. For a first time customer, there is no indication that there is no control over file download location on the recommended option.

We're going to nitpick no end with this :)

For me, I simply read what I pointed somewhere above, that the thing was a downloader, and once the job was done I checked where the file had gone, and installed, no more, no less. I didn't expect the installer to start, tbh. If you say it's written somewhere that it should, etc... well, maybe, I didn't check, and yes, in this case it is broken.

You feel that by not starting the installation by itself, the exe put you off and you won't use it, good for you.

But it helped me go from hours long download to something done in under 1 hour, so advising to never use it may be of no help for others.

Report the problem to devs (Sprocket), yes, warn users here pointing out the flaw, yes.

Trashing the whole thing and tell people to not use it, why?

Trashing the whole thing and tell people to not use it, why?

Why indeed. Nobody actually did that.

I bought Arma2 today whit sprocket and now i cant unpack the files, they are unknown format or damaged!

And i have winrar and 7-zip.

So now i download the 5 files without sprocket at 50 kb/sec So this time next week i will have the files on my computer!

One of the files downloaded, if all successfully were, should have been setup.exe. That's what you would have wanted to run if the downloader didn't automatically launch it when the download finished.

now i have installed the Arma2 but cant install patch 105-107?

It says my game isnt installed!

But i can play it, so it is on my hdd

Is your copy of Arma 2 actually 1.05? Also, can you please give us some details as to the directory Arma 2 installed into, and where you downloaded the patch from?

Is your copy of Arma 2 actually 1.05? Also, can you please give us some details as to the directory Arma 2 installed into, and where you downloaded the patch from?

my Arma2 is 1.05 And i have also Arma2 OA installed

And my install directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive

And the patch is from Armaholic.com(Arma2 section)

I have windows 7 64 bit

I7 930 3200 mhz OC

Gforce GTX 460 X2 SLI

8 GB

If you have Arrowhead successfully installed then the base game had to have been updated to 1.07.

If you have Arrowhead successfully installed then the base game had to have been updated to 1.07.

No, I have installed Arrowhead first and in the corner of Arma2 it says 1.05. +some numbers

Maybe i have to reinstall Arma2 and then Arrowhead ?

No, I have installed Arrowhead first and in the corner of Arma2 it says 1.05. +some numbers

Maybe i have to reinstall Arma2 and then Arrowhead ?

I would say so...yes.