Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator_2k

Graphics Card Upgrade? No Way!

I've just looked at some benchmark results for various top-end graphics cards & I have to say, well, upgrading from my HD 4870x2 will never be worth it, as it seems I'd only gain a few FPS @ 1920x1200 maxxed out - but then again if you look at benchmarks from different websites they vary hugely. :rolleyes:

I've just looked at some benchmark results for various top-end graphics cards & I have to say, well, upgrading from my HD 4870x2 will never be worth it, as it seems I'd only gain a few FPS @ 1920x1200 maxxed out - but then again if you look at benchmarks from different websites they vary hugely. :rolleyes:

Well, i'm very happy with the performance of my HD 4870x2, no FPS trouble at all, only some overheating / BSOD sometimes.

Well, i'm very happy with the performance of my HD 4870x2, no FPS trouble at all, only some overheating / BSOD sometimes.

I'm fortunate to have a Antec 900 case which is excellent for cooling as it has outstanding airflow, so I've not really suffered from heat problems - I do however find that manually setting the fan via the CCC console helps keep it cool, overwise the GPU creeps over the 80 degrees mark. Setting the fan at 35% seems to keep it @ 70 degrees when playing ARMA 2 - the rooms gets warm though :D

But yeah, I'm also more than happy with the performance of the HD 4870x2 :)

The highest I can upgrade is an NVIDIA GTS 250 (Which I have installed currently.)

Any higher and I would need a new power supply. :(

The highest I can upgrade is an NVIDIA GTS 250 (Which I have installed currently.)

Any higher and I would need a new power supply. :(

Its a worthy investment mate, I have a GTS 250 and its an ok card but I will definately be upgrading soon.

-Ziggy-;1750969']I have a GTS 250 also ! INSIDE MY GTX 275 ! LOL

sorry Laqueesha for making fun. ;)

No need.... :yay:

This reads like an advertisement from video card manufactures :rolleyes:

Like the drug companies do on evening news.

My 4870x2 didnt handle OA very well at 2048x1152. I just upgraded to GTX 480 and let me tell you it was a huge improvement!!

Seriously, Upgrade to the GTX 480 or 470. It will do wonders!

OA seems to be really fucked up with Dual GPU's.

I went from a 8800gt to a 460gtx and I'm not disappointed in the least.

Saying that, I have to admit that the 8800gt was probably the best investment that I have made as far as GPU's are concerned.

E8400 dc2x/ XP:32/W7:64/ 3go.ram XFi gamer, 22"W/S, Oh, and a TrackIR5.

It's funny but I still have 8800GTS by EVGA and I have no need for a new card.

Of course I can't run the game with highest settings but good enuff to keep me happy.

Debates like this should go in the pinned thread please :)