Sign in to follow this  
pstennisace

zargabad performance and graphics?

hey guys mi have an XPS 9000 with an ATI Radeon 5870, with a 64bit hard drive, with 1.68 Terabyte memory, and yet i still seem to suffer performance issues on zargabad! !. its laggy, and 2. it makes all the graphics seem "blurred" unless you get up really close. is there a way to fix that issue? and is there any way for me to optimize my system for this? thanks!

hey guys mi have an XPS 9000 with an ATI Radeon 5870, with a 64bit hard drive, with 1.68 Terabyte memory, and yet i still seem to suffer performance issues on zargabad! !. its laggy, and 2. it makes all the graphics seem "blurred" unless you get up really close. is there a way to fix that issue? and is there any way for me to optimize my system for this? thanks!

The parts highlighted in bold do not make sense. I guess you mean you have a 1,68TB Hard drive and a 64 bit CPU. ;)

Unfortunately that's not enough info for anyone to help you properly. Could you please provide some more information on your system and your advanced video settings in Arma2? Most performance problems can be solved with config changes and minor tweaks.

Yep, zargabad = lagabad.

it waits for patch 9,56, possibly improves the yield. it happened in arma 2 to chernogorsk and other... not this optimized good

Yep, zargabad = lagabad.

it waits for patch 9,56, possibly improves the yield. it happened in arma 2 to chernogorsk and other... not this optimized good

Oh yeah, that too: the big cities are laggy. ;)

But on my machine, Zargabad isn't so bad. At least not as bad as, for example, Chernogorsk.

Oh, btw we may not have to wait quite that long for a fix, since Suma recently updated the "lag in big cities" issue on the bug tracker. They are obviously working on it.

Zargabad ran terribly for me at release but at some point, and I'm not sure exactly when, one patch and/or some settings changes turned things around completely, runs really good here now (Athlon 7750, HD4870, 4GB).

Zargabd has never been very smooth for me(see system specs below). I'm running latest beta (-311?) I just don't use it much. The new Shapur map from the BAF DLC seems better.

When I first installed OA, Zargabad was a frames nightmare!

But after formatting my PC it runs very smooth with decent to good performance.

Might help some others too hopefully.

Cherno ran fine for me, Zarga is a lag nightmare.

I suppose one good thing is Cherno was renowned for crashing PC's for no known reason whereas Zargy doesn't

Make sure your CCC, AA setting is App Pref, and BOX, not "Edge-detect", though it is nice but will send you to really low frame stutter on turning (yes the type of AA picked is used by the in game AA). 1200VD will help alot too, being a town more than 900VD is not necessary. Also if I run the BAF in my mod string, the textures sux ass in Zag, this is with the 10$ purchase too...

Make sure your CCC, AA setting is Ap Pref, and BOX, not "Edge-detect"

To explain a little bit more, Edge-detect in ATI Catalyst Control Center is one of the four custom AA settings and it is the highest 24x AA [Multi-Sample or Super Sample, depends on AA setting]

While Box filter is the default 8x.

I get lowest ever 10 fps on zargabad and highest 43.