Sign in to follow this  
CaptainBravo

Civilians hostile to ALL 3 factions?

Hey everyone,

How do you make civs hostile to all 3 factions (West,East and Resistance)?

I am familiar with setFriend command. But can it be used with Civs?

Thanks for our help in advance.

Civilians are very difficult to work with, especially when it comes to combat. You're much better off using Independents as enemy combatants instead of real civies.

I have a mission idea where 3 SF teams from the 3 factions (TvTvT) Battle it on hostile ground where natives (civilians) hate and shoot all outsiders.

I guess this rules out this mission. :confused:

I have a mission idea where 3 SF teams from the 3 factions (TvTvT) Battle it on hostile ground where natives (civilians) hate and shoot all outsiders.

I guess this rules out this mission. :confused:

You create an opfor/bluefor with higher rank than your civs and then set his probablity of presence to zero, then group your civvies to him. Then set him unfreindly to the other factions and your civs will fight if you give them weapons.

As seen here in wiki.

That works, but they won't act like soldiers. In a quick test one dude just laid on the ground and never moved. The rest saunter about to their SAD waypoint and only fired after I killed his two friends.

So yeah, it works, but not like it would if they were independents or other combat designed unit.

... which leads us to the conclusion that we really need to be able to mess with the core fsm. Again. We need to be able to shut them off or interchange them (even with custom ones) as we see fit - all by means of scripting and not hacking some poor addon together that noone is willing to use anyway...

I really hope we'll see some improvements in this regard already in this iteration of the Arma franchise. Pretty please? :pray:

Right now we have two core fsm (danger/formation) for civilians and one for soldiers. Privily I still hope one day every faction (or even soldier class thereof) will get its own custom fsm, while mission- as well as addon-makers could mess with them as desired... oh boy, oh boy. :D

Though maybe a simple scripted fsm could help in your case, assigning your civilians explicit targets (nearestObjects). Though I'm sure the core fsm will kick in in the dumbest situation anyway, aahahaha :D

Yes it works with 2 teams. But the objective was to have 3 teams as it is Player vs Player vs Player where each player has a squad and all three have same competing objectives. Civlians are guarding a certain site against all intruders.

I wonder what happens if I grouped an inedpendent squad grouped with a higher rank civilian and set civilians setFriend 0 with 3 factions? This should address the FSM issue? Hmm

Probably silly but maybe make the independent units, emulate civilians. And have the players who were going to play as the independents play as civilians , this way avoiding civilian AI?

:o