Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

VFAI.Equipment -> Public Domain

Might be a good idea possibly to have two modes of operation set via a userconfig:

1-As it is now

2-For player Ai they do NOT check unless told to do so via a radio message. This would be very good for players in missions with a lot of scripts running already, like benny's.

2-For player Ai they do NOT check unless told to do so via a radio message.

If the Stop or Hide command does not work, you can put them on Stealth or Combat, that should prevent rearming too.

Let me rephrase, none of the script executes until the player says "scrounge around!" and will stop running when he says "stop scrounging!" using the radio command menu.

Let me rephrase, none of the script executes until the player says "scrounge around!" and will stop running when he says "stop scrounging!" using the radio command menu.

Yes but then how about the AI which is not controlled by a player?

Or do you mean, only the player controlled AI's would be controlled with this radio message and the other AI groups would work normally?

Hmm, this reminds me a lot of a function which VF already had in the past with two radio commands:

1. global - for the entire AI, allowing them for rearming

2. local - for the player controlled AI

The problem with this was that it didn't work out correctly. After a while the AI's have ignored the "don't look for weapons and magazines" command.

But maybe Robalo has a better solution.

For now, the player group's AI handling will be the same - give them the order to stop or hide or set them to stealth mode and they will not rearm. Improved these condition checks and they're hopefully more reliable.

Also made a Communications submenu where you can turn AI rearming on/off (0 - 8 - EQUIPMENT AI). It's a global switch, simply enables/disables the rearming for all units local to where the addon is running.

Another thing, this addon is team-switch compatible, so when you take over another AI unit the bot you leave will be able to rearm.

Just need to put a readme together and I'll upload the new version.

Hey gatordev, thank for testing. Need some more info about your scenario:

I don't know what is a GL4 backpack. I have Group Link 4 but don't know about any backpack feature. There is a check in place, if the secondary slot is taken, the AI will not pick up launchers. Afraid I can't cover for scripted, imaginary backpack solutions if that's the case.

Hmm, I think some other addon/script else might give the AI something to do and then they're ready for the rearming bits to grab them. If I give my AI the Stop command, they stop as they should and do nothing. Observe the icons on the bottom of the screen: when you say Stop, they icons get labeled "Stop". If they are released from that then you will see no text on the icons.

Please test if they remain labeled "Stop" without the rearming addon.

My apologies, it's GLT Backpacks. Here's the link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11496&highlight=GLT

When using this addon, all you have to do is add a backpack to a unit that isn't OA smart and one appears in the inventory. But it's very possible that it's running something in the background. HOWEVER... One of the units in the fireteam is a Tier One unit, which IS OA savvy and can use backpacks, and he's still grabbing ammo.

And yes, I confirmed they were given the STOP command and had the "STOP" icon. For the mission, it starts with me by myself. I have 3 other guys join me in a "hold fire" condition. I then stop them about ~10 meters from the vehicle. They ignore me and either walk over and grab ammo or just grab ammo from their spot.

I haven't tested it w/out ZeusAI. If I get a chance, I'll try it tonight.

I like the idea of being able to switch it on and off like you mentioned. With that, I'm guessing my problem isn't an issue. Thanks for continuing to work on this great idea.

New version released and new thread, please continue discussion about asr_vfai there.