Sign in to follow this  
sudayev

Space shuttle mission STS-133 needs your vote!

Here's a contest for Discovery final lift-off music theme.

https://songcontest.nasa.gov/top40.aspx

The two songs with the most votes will be announced during the mission. Updates of the exact dates and times that the winning songs will be played will be provided as launch of the mission draws closer. STS-133 is currently scheduled to launch on November 1, 2010.

Vote now, currently only 3000 more votes to beat Star Trek theme song :P

I was quite mixed up with decision, finally I voted for Foo Fighters :)

Results https://songcontest.nasa.gov/voteResult.aspx

Edited by Sudayev

Great :D

Too bad I can't vote for the Armageddon music that plays during the shuttle launch. Damn, I should watch that movie again :D

Anyway, Star Trek is a fair choice in my opinion.

I'm a Star Trek-fan, but I prefer The Next Generation; therefore I chose Magic Carpet Ride (it's used in Star Trek: First Contact). :)

Wasn't "Magic carpet Ride" what Cochrane played at lift off for his first warp travel? :cool:

Edit:

Of course it was. I knew my Trekkie (oops outed) senses would not fail me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1djkR-8xOU

Oh and i need to drink less and read more :rolleyes:

Edited by Serclaes

Wasn't "Magic carpet Ride" what Cochrane played at lift off for his first warp travel? :cool:

Edit:

Of course it was. I knew my Trekkie (oops outed) senses would not fail me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1djkR-8xOU

Oh and i need to drink less and read more :rolleyes:

Well, apparently Mr. Cochrane teaches us that one is pretty capable to design a warp drive while being constantly under the influence :D

Yea, i should get started. If the supply doesn't stop i might have a warp drive done in 53 years. :D

Countdown (by Rush) has 108,492 Votes - 26.0% currently number one! About three hours ago Rush was on 2nd place with only 70000 votes, Star Trek had 3000 motes more - then.

Amazing how quick this voting spread though the web.

Just refresh the results page couple of times and you will see more votes on every song with every minute :)

Edited by Sudayev

Too bad that Faith of the heart is not there...

-8OpsPok6iQ

The most gay Trek track ever; yet I grown to like it somehow... And what's more peculiar my yet unborn daughter seems to react to it; dunno if it's because she likes it or hates it; but she's kicking when it's on air :D

Edited by topas
broken link; thx Sparks50

Countdown (by Rush) has 108,492 Votes - 26.0% currently number one! About three hours ago Rush was on 2nd place with only 70000 votes, Star Trek had 3000 motes more - then.

Amazing how quick this voting spread though the web.

Just refresh the results page couple of times and you will see more votes on every song with every minute :)

wow, thats really amazing!

Countdown by Rush is really accurate song, says exactly about the space shuttle lift off STS-1 Columbia to be exact ;) Nice vid as well.

HnD2VUo16PQ

Wheres the option for Afternoon delight ?

Topas: You have to remove everything in the URL but the code, quote me and see. Classy choice BTW :D

-8OpsPok6iQ

Thats gonna be really interesting challenge. Steppenwolf suddenly attacked from the 3rd position and pushed back Star Trek one point down. I wont be suprised when this link will hit Metallica forums all over, maybe we will hear Enter Sandman :D

I voted the ST theme song. It's the geek in me. ;)

Abs

ST Theme and magic carpet ride would be awesome. Star trek all the way :p

I was quite mixed up with decision, finally I voted for Foo Fighters :)

Me too, though the Star Wars Theme seems like its going to win, which would have been my second choice anyway. :p

Space Oddity by David Bowie was missing though, before i saw the list i wanted to vote for that one. :p

Me too, though the Star Wars Theme seems like its going to win, which would have been my second choice anyway. :p

Space Oddity by David Bowie was missing though, before i saw the list i wanted to vote for that one. :p

Please, its Star Trek! Dont mix'em up! :D