Sign in to follow this  
reconteam

Frustration

Even though OA has released, I was kinda expecting more people to hang around vanilla ArmA2. Yet I am having a hellish time finding any sort of games. And besides for that, the variety of different mods being used makes it a real pain in the rear to find any sort of game.

Any ideas what I could do ease my troubles. I suppose I am going to have to bite the bullet and pick up OA sooner or later, but it is going to melt my poor CPU and video card no doubt.

Also are there any servers that do amphibious warfare type operations (even for OA), I would love to do some missions where you deploy from the LHA.

You dont need to have any worries on performance. OA in fact runs better than ArmA II did AND there are again servers showing Chernarus based mission in Combined Operations (ArmA II + OA).

You can't loose with adding OA to your installation.

I suppose I am going to have to bite the bullet and pick up OA sooner or later, but it is going to melt my poor CPU and video card no doubt.

OA runs way better, mate. There's no reason not to get it.

And when other DLC arrives things may spread thin some more :yay:

Arrowhead is wheres its at (No trees to please)

I'm in the same boat. I've tried the demo of OA and it seems to run much faster on my machine than Arma 2.

My local best buy has Combined Ops but no OA. Might picked up because I don't like Steam because of the large download and lack of patching for Arma 2.

I had the retail 505 Games version of Arma 2 and I bought OA via Sprocket, they merged into Combined Operations flawlessly and I haven't had any issue at all with them since. I'd highly recommend using Sprocket over Steam.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like it won't melt my computer after all.

Can multiplayer servers run combined-op missions? As in you can have Marines over in Tajikistan?

You can, but they'll lack certain features that come with the Arrowhead units, such as proper thermal imaging textures, countermeasures, IR lasers, thermal cameras, etc. There are addons available to address some of the issues. Though you can use Chernarus itself perfectly.

Yes, multiplayer servers can host all ArmA2 and Arrowhead content.

Can multiplayer servers run combined-op missions? As in you can have Marines over in Tajikistan?

Of course, if you want woodland MARPAT Marines in the deserts of Takistan. :p

You dont need to have any worries on performance. OA in fact runs better than ArmA II did AND there are again servers showing Chernarus based mission in Combined Operations (ArmA II + OA).

You can't loose with adding OA to your installation.

Ummmm speak for yourself then I am sure others it runs just as good for you but I still get low frame rate near small towns etc or just general frame rate issues and m PC is not a bad spec.

I have posted in the Beta section with my spec as even with beta I still get frame rate issues.

Running A2 vanilla (A2 content, like Chernarus) with latest A2 beta patch gives me far better performance than running OA/CO vanilla (with A2 content, like Chernarus) no matter OA patch.

Running OA content might seem to give better relative performance but is most likely due to less objects (mainly trees) to render.

For OT's concern about addons. I agree completely it is a pita since most addons seems to be "work in progress" meaning that there's always a few different versions running.

Don't get me wrong, I salute all this addons makers but with everlasting version changes it is hard to keep in sync with different servers (even with yoma/six-pak).

Edited by =WFL= Sgt Bilko
Spelling fool