Sign in to follow this  
Goetterfunke

NEW ARTILLERY with real GUN ! completely move/controlable !

k, i used the DummyGun addon from alone Wolf, wich is included in the zip file

i made it completely controlable and animated ! It makes Sound,Light and Smoke, when u fire and it impacts time-delayed according to the distance u set

you can move the Gun, you can quickly set the fire-distance non-interlaced, you can reload ammo at the truck, you can hang it on the truck to drive it to any place u want

it has 3 ammotypes

u can switch them with (radio charlie) 0-0-3

1:RedSmoke

2:Heat125

3:HighExplosive (HE)

you can use the gun, when near enough by pressing 0-0-1

u can leave it by pressing 0-0-2

u can switch ammo with (radio charlie) 0-0-3

u can reload the ammo at truck with 0-0-4

fire it, by pressing action menu "fire"

switch move/fire mode for setting distance by pressing sction menu "Switch Fire/Move-mode"

watch this screenshots:

http://www.k-foren.de/attachm....=235078

http://www.k-foren.de/attachm....=235079

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! I dont have OFP installed right now, but I'm going to put it on right now just to try this thing!

If this thing works, you will have done what everyone has wanted since this game came out. I wouldnt be suprised if they name a religion after you wink.gif

Great work man!

This is excellent work Goetterfunke, though it completely f**ks my sound in Flashpoint. Im not sure why this is, but i dont think im the only one this has happened to.

With some refinement and tweaking, this could be excellent smile.gif

Possible to make it slower to reload?

i cant make the d*amn thing work...could someone who has walk an idiot through it?

(Edited by DarkMarksman at 6:16 am on Dec. 31, 2001)

extract the pbo to your addons fodler, the rest of the files go to Users > Yourname > Missions

Then open up the mission editor, click Malden then load Artillerie

have you got any soundmods installed ?

i can make it slower to reload, but then ist's even more difficult for an artillerie newbie like me to hit something !

reload time depends on shooting distance

Thumbsups.gif

Jesus H. Christ, this is amazing.  Just when I lost hope in ever seeing true artlilery/mortars in OFP, you come up with this, this, master peice.  You just made my year complete.  I can't really tell you how much I've been waiting/wanting artilery in OFP, and not just 'point at map' artilery, but this sort of reallistic artliery you've made.  Truely amazing work, Goetterfunke Thumbsups.gif

PS. If you haven't already, you gotta get this up at OFP Editing Center forums, there's been lots of demand for artilery and you'd become an instant star over there.

-=Die Alive=-

this is REALLY the coolest sh*t i ever seen!! been waiting for an Artillery Gun too, and this one rocks!! Its a pitty though, that when you score kills with the gun, they dont show up in your after-mission statistics. But thats just a minor issue. Really, congrats, hope to see more in the future!! 2 thumbs up!!

chesse us christ oh my monkey nads that is dame amazin u must send it to the ed center the guys over there are gonna luv it good work buddy cant wait till what u think up next

Does anyone know for sure what type of artilery peice is in the game?  I'm thinking it's the M101A1 105mm Light Howitzer, but I could be mistaken.

Also, a suggestion to Goetterfunke for any future updates, add a Illuminating cartridge, something like a flare, for those night time missions where you'd like to see first what being exploded.

Truely amazing work Goetterfunke, I almost missed News Years Eve playing my new toy smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

this is no problem !

change this line in arti.sqs

?(muntype =="125"):impact="Heat125" camcreate [_x,_y,_z];mun125=mun125 -1

to this

?(muntype =="125"):impact="Flare" camcreate [_x,_y,20];mun125=mun125 -1

then u have Flares instead of Heat125

Cool! Need to try it out this evening... smile.gif

Can you use it against tanks?

Now we need to command an artillery battery via radio for support.

Sneak to the direction of the enemy, discover his position and call artillery strike via map.

And then there would be delayed explosions at random spots to an given radius around the given coordinates.

And there must be direct fire (line of sight) and indirect fire (artillery strike). smile.gif

Cool!

And later when importing of new models is possible we need MLRS!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Goetterfunke on 5:31 pm on Jan. 1, 2002

this is no problem !

change this line in arti.sqs

?(muntype =="125"):impact="Heat125" camcreate [_x,_y,_z];mun125=mun125 -1

to this

?(muntype =="125"):impact="Flare" camcreate [_x,_y,20];mun125=mun125 -1

then u have Flares instead of Heat125

<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, it works beautifuly.

-=Die Alive=-

hi, I just downloaded the first copy, and I was wandering if there was actually anyway of aiming it finely, it could be just me being dum, but I would love to know how to aim it up and down.

But otherwise, its fantastic. and I LOVE the way it can go on the back of trucks.

press 0 0 1 to use the gun when near

then press actionmenu Switch fire/move-mode#

then press forward/backward to set distance

You can't "aim" the gun down or up, it not like a tank turret where you aim up to hit a top of a hill, it's not like that.  With this addon, it goes by how far the target is from the gun, so the angle the barrle is not important (nor does the barrle move at all, it's just static).  Say if the target is on top of a hill, and your gun is at the bottom, even if it's pointing at the base of the hill, as long as you got the correct distance, the round will hit the target.

A question.  The distance is how far the shells are going to land from the gun is measured in meters by contouring the ground and not by how far the target is on the map?  For example, I wanted to shell a village from behind a mountain.  I went into the editor, made a trigger and it's "size" was 500m, one edge of the trigger was at the village, the other one was where I placed the artilery gun behind the montain.  When I started to shell the village, and then took a ride to see my destruction, there village wasn't even touched!  So I though maybe you can't fire arty over hills, so I placed the gun on top of the hill (in view of the village), checked the distance using a trigger, and when I fired the first shell, it landed 150m short, even when I knew the actual distance from my position to the village.  So I take it that the distance range at the top left corner is how far the shells are going to hit if you walked the contour of the landscape, not the point to point distance.  Is this correct?

-=Die Alive=-

I just tested the flamethrower (looks and sounds cool!) and the artillery.

Not bad for the beginning and for an inofficial addon. smile.gif

You can only use the artillery for indirect fire and not as an Pak (Panzer Abwehrkanone - Anti Tank Weapon) but nevertheless an good addon. smile.gif

How long does it take until we see the first (T)DM artillery matches online? wink.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Die Alive on 11:52 pm on Jan. 1, 2002

You can't "aim" the gun down or up, it not like a tank turret where you aim up to hit a top of a hill, it's not like that.  With this addon, it goes by how far the target is from the gun, so the angle the barrle is not important (nor does the barrle move at all, it's just static).  Say if the target is on top of a hill, and your gun is at the bottom, even if it's pointing at the base of the hill, as long as you got the correct distance, the round will hit the target.

A question.  The distance is how far the shells are going to land from the gun is measured in meters by contouring the ground and not by how far the target is on the map?  For example, I wanted to shell a village from behind a mountain.  I went into the editor, made a trigger and it's "size" was 500m, one edge of the trigger was at the village, the other one was where I placed the artilery gun behind the montain.  When I started to shell the village, and then took a ride to see my destruction, there village wasn't even touched!  So I though maybe you can't fire arty over hills, so I placed the gun on top of the hill (in view of the village), checked the distance using a trigger, and when I fired the first shell, it landed 150m short, even when I knew the actual distance from my position to the village.  So I take it that the distance range at the top left corner is how far the shells are going to hit if you walked the contour of the landscape, not the point to point distance.  Is this correct?

-=Die Alive=-

<span id='postcolor'>

the distance should be in meters Ariline, not by foot

i used the setpos command

maybe the coordinates are not meters

how can we check this ?

(Edited by Goetterfunke at 2:53 am on Jan. 2, 2002)

I just re-did my arty mission where I was 500 units away (as measured in the editor using a trigger). I set the gun distance to 1000meters and I started to get hits on the village that I was aiming at. Now only if I can get a AI forward observer call the shots for me.

-=Die Alive=-

what you could do for long distances is have the sound like in redhammer before the explosion would work for short range tho.