Sign in to follow this  
smacker909

OA or ARMA II

Hi, I played ARMA II a while when it first came out. My problem was, getting distracted by the shear volume of mods, scripts, addons.. etc. I was looking in the forums now and see tons of new stuff with OA. I would really just like a simple dynamic mission generator. I dont remember that being included in ARMA II. Is there an addon or does OA have something like that included?

what do you mean by "dynamic mission generator"?

People have made mods that have urban patrol scripts and random enemies. But you have to learn how to incorporate them into the editor. It's not included with the game out of box. The game does have a "secondary ops" mode that ships with it, where you and a small team are inserted by helo and given random objectives. This can also be modified by you...

But why not download user missions and campaigns? ... that's like a mission generator.

Hi, I played ARMA II a while when it first came out. My problem was, getting distracted by the shear volume of mods, scripts, addons.. etc. I was looking in the forums now and see tons of new stuff with OA. I would really just like a simple dynamic mission generator. I dont remember that being included in ARMA II. Is there an addon or does OA have something like that included?

Have a look here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=95394

Theres also a later one called Flashpoint Takistan if you like the first one.

are you talking about the secondary operation module (SECOP module)?

if you place it in the editor it will generate little mini missions mid mission that you can accept or deny them

if so its in both armaII and OA

Thanks for all the feed back.. I do seem to remember SECOPS, but don't remember having good luck with it.. I'll try again. Also your link Killerwatt!

Easiest way to make what you want in 15 seconds? Drop a squad, drop the ACM module and SecOps module along with SSM and there you go, random dynamic combat.

Yea, 5-6 seconds of placing a few modules on map, for a battle thats as intense and as long as you need it to be. Awsome things they are