Sign in to follow this  
RogueBlade

You were kicked: Battle Eye client not responding. (AAS)

Will try this as soon as I get home. Really it's only instructions for the latest firmware update....so I don't have much hope. This was a personal email not the tech support ticket, so hopefully I can reply to it. If you have the DGN1000, read on.

Dear Josh,

My name is Jay and I am following up on your support case.

After reviewing the information that you provided, I think I have a better understanding of your issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that I suggest you try:

Please click on the link below and follow the steps to download and upgrade the latest firmware to the router.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15458

NOTE: In this window you see the option "Right click and save to download" right click on it and select the option "save target as" and save it to the desktop.

You can upgrade by using the Web interface Router Upgrade menu. Firmware upgrade should be done with the wired computer (connect your computer to any of the four LAN ports of the NETGEAR router and follow the steps to upgrade the firmware).

1) Open Internet Explorer or any other browser and access the site: http://192.168.0.1 or http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm. By default, the User Name is admin and Password is password (If you have changed the password then try with that password).

2) Click “ROUTER UPGRADE†under MAINTENANCE on the left side of the Router page.

3) Click Browse and locate the upgrade file for your firewall router saved in the desktop.

4) Click Upload and Wait for the router to reboot.

5) Once the Firmware is upgraded, we have to reset the router to Factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Reset & reconfigure the router:

Please reset your router by holding down the reset button for 30 seconds with a paper clip, which you could find on rear panel of the router. Now power off & power back the router.

1) Open the browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape), access the router using http://192.168.0.1 or http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm By default the User Name is admin Password is password (If you have changed the password then try with that password).

2) Click Setup Wizard and then select your country and language and then click on "Yes".

3) Click on "Next" in the detection window.

4) It should give you a "PPPoA Detected" and then click next.

5) Then under login and password type in your login/password for your ADSL account (the user name should be full like user@pipex.co.uk) and click Apply.

6) Click on router status under maintenance and check whether you have IP address under ADSL port.

If there is a valid IP address under ADSL port then check whether you can able to access internet.

Please do visit http://kb.netgear.com for any technical queries regarding NETGEAR products.

We hope that the steps provided above would help resolve the problem/case. Please feel free to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Thanks again for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day!

Regards,

Jay

Technical Support

NETGEAR Inc.

Maybe just switch the router for another one? I had the Netgear WNDR3700 and it worked flawlessly with A2.

Edited by qwertz

yea so the firmware update was no help....

Of course not, others tried the same before.

Make sure you keep talking to them. I'm quite sure this problem can only be fixed by a firmware update from Netgear.

I'm trying changing my MTU number now

Did they tell you to do so?

I don't see how MTU is related to dropping small packets. Also, another user that talked to me was told to do the same and it didn't help.

So a guy from netgear just called me (!)

I gave him remote access to the router and he's going to try tackle the problem it seems. Says he will update me via my support ticket.

Alright so I sat on the phone for an hour with a Netgear guy tonight and we talked over everything! He told me about you $able (I know your real name zomg!).

So anyway we set up a remote viewing tool so he could see my screen and we did some ping tests of packet sizes that worked, and tests of the packet sizes that didn't and saved all the text logs and cfg txt files.

Also took screenshots of all the routers config pages and fired them over. He's gonna send all the info over to the engineering department will get back to me!

He told me about you $able (I know your real name zomg!).

Not a secret. Check the BE website. ;)

He's gonna send all the info over to the engineering department will get back to me!

Great, finally! Hopefully we will see a solution soon.

I'm having the exact same problem with the Netgear DGN1000. Im thinking of moving back to the older router for orange :(

I'm having the exact same problem with the Netgear DGN1000. Im thinking of moving back to the older router for orange :(

Dude, please go create a support ticket in direct reference of mine (#12806220) and the other one mentioned earlier in this thread (#12632987) https://my.netgear.com/myNETGEAR/support.asp

Ok well I spoke with Netgear on the phone today again. The dude is incredibly helpful and cool.

He says the engineering department at hq have tried to replicate the issue at their California offices AND their UK offices (I'm in the UK) and failed to replicate my issue.

So, that's unfortunate and he says maybe it has to do with the ISP, the phone line, or maybe the router model itself. He said its too bad that no one else has created support tickets like mine because he said that would REALLY help them with being able to compare the data of 2+ users with the same problem. So I really hope you create a ticket djdanny2008 :)

So we decided to do an RMA of my router because thats last solution they have. (apart from finding someone else with the problem) We are doing the RMA to see if naybe there is a bad batch of the routers, one with a certain serial or something along those lines.

So when the new router arrives (another DGN1000), if the problem still exists (dropping small packets) then we can be pretty sure its the router, but cannot be 100% sure until Netgear have other uses to compare data with.

$able, I've contacted orange about the packet loss issue and the technical support guy said that there are loads of people with this problem. It turns out that Netgear have subsequently stopped production of the DGN1000 so Orange have taken on another type of router. They are going to ship a totally different router out to me and it should be here by tuesday. Anyone else with Orange having this problem should contact them ASAP and explain the issue with data packet loss. Be nice to them and they'll send you a new router out :)

$able, I've contacted orange about the packet loss issue and the technical support guy said that there are loads of people with this problem. It turns out that Netgear have subsequently stopped production of the DGN1000 so Orange have taken on another type of router. They are going to ship a totally different router out to me and it should be here by tuesday. Anyone else with Orange having this problem should contact them ASAP and explain the issue with data packet loss. Be nice to them and they'll send you a new router out :)

That's a very interesting piece of information. I haven't heard about that from Netgear before (instead they kept claiming that they cannot reproduce it).

So it seems everyone who has this problem with the DGN1000 should best get rid of it and not hope for a firmware update fixing this.

That's a very interesting piece of information. I haven't heard about that from Netgear before (instead they kept claiming that they cannot reproduce it).

So it seems everyone who has this problem with the DGN1000 should best get rid of it and not hope for a firmware update fixing this.

wow cool news, I'll call Orange and have them replace mine hopefully

Good luck mate. :) Orange Customer Support UK number: 0844 873 8586

Not that this will add to the solution but just out of curiosity:

Is your system stable besides this network problem or do you overclock components in any way? This might cause BE to stress out and stop functioning

Have you installed latest network driver for your NIC? Have you tested with another cable (if possible)

Products get discontinued everyday, if there really is something wrong with the device there would be a new firmware out to address this issue the best way possible (but bad products appear every once in a while).

Hi,

Firstly, i'd like to confess that I don't actually play ArmA :P

But i've got what I believe is exactly the same issue (DGN1000 + Orange = me :( )and it results in me not being able to use PSN on my PS3 nor play Battlefield 2. Has anyone had any luck in convincing Orange to send another router? 'Cos they won't believe me when I say there's a problem because "websites work so broadband work". The support is terrible.

Anyway, just though i'd say that this problem can't be too rare, the DGN1000 seems to be a pretty terrible router :(

I am running the netgear DGN1000 and have just installed arrowhead, but i am so peed off as battle eye is not responding! i did not have this problem with my old router! can anyone HELP?

I am running the netgear DGN1000 and have just installed arrowhead, but i am so peed off as battle eye is not responding! i did not have this problem with my old router! can anyone HELP?

Read the previous posts. You need to replace your router.

Hi, my name is Bryanz and i've bought Combined Operations a few days ago, just to play the new, famous DayZ Mod.

I'm using a Netgear Router DGN1000 and i've got the same problem of everyone.

I keep getting kicked either in vanilla game and in the modded game, with the message "Battleye: Client not responding"

Two years have passed since this thread was "hot", and i'm sorry if i'm digging this thread, but i'd like to ask: does anybody knows a fix?

Several firmware updates have been released during this two years, but no one seems to fix that bug with the small packets.

So, anyone knows exactly how to fix this issue out of a firmware update?

Thank you for your patience and comprehension.

Edited by Bryanz

Are you trying the same server or different ones?

You are getting kicked when you lose the connection with a server for too long. This may be a server fault too.

Are you trying the same server or different ones?

You are getting kicked when you lose the connection with a server for too long. This may be a server fault too.

I tried several servers, but no one seems to work.

Strangely, on few servers i can ENTER the game and play like for 5-6 seconds until the games automatically kicks me giving the BattlEye client responding message.

Finally i've fixed it!

For everyone having the same issue, set the Multiplexing method from VC to LLC in your DGN1000 control panel (192.168.0.1), it works!